Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-26-2018, 08:30 AM   #16
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

This photo of your space is really good to see, and gives me hope. The corner of a porch I've contemplated but not pursued is similar to the space you have, so this gives me great encouragement - thanks!

06-26-2018, 09:52 AM   #17
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Thanks Billk and Lensbeginner! Yes, I was pleased with the angle of light on the first one, not conventional I know .... But the reality is that with little kids they are never totally still so each shot has a different light play over the subject ..... You get lucky sometimes!

Clickclick, go for it and try some tests in your chosen space, its surprising what can be done in less than ideal circumstances .....
06-26-2018, 10:35 AM   #18

Very nice pics Nigel, really. It's clear that you are a proud father... apart from a good photographer .

My best wishes to your nice family.
06-26-2018, 11:28 AM   #19

Photos: Gallery
Very, very niche shots – you are getting better at this everyday!

And all this with the K7 – extra lesson about newer and newer cameras being necessary for better photos!

Good example that It’s all about the photographer.

06-26-2018, 01:03 PM - 1 Like   #20
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Yes! A K7 .... It's got an AA filter, so don't know how it was possible to avoid all blurred and mushy images ?!? ...... And as for AF ..... Looking at YouTube it would be easy now to believe that you can't even get sharp eyes with a 5DmkIV !.... You need an A7III to stand much of a chance! (plus you have to act very cool, sort of like you're trying to be a young Steve Jobs, and hold the camera rather oddly, making sure you burst shoot about 10 images each time you press the shutter).

The truth is, it's going to take a combination of the right equipment, accessories, knowledge and (in my case here at home) a bit of luck with co-operative models, to make it all come together. It's the total ot all that combined that counts, not the technology of any one aspect of it.

Thanks also morenjavi, much appreciated and I'm really pleased you saw the photos.
06-26-2018, 02:43 PM   #21
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by mcgregni Quote
The truth is, it's going to take a combination of the right equipment, accessories, knowledge and (in my case here at home) a bit of luck with co-operative models, to make it all come together. It's the total ot all that combined that counts, not the technology of any one aspect of it.
Right. And the inherent artistic taste and eye for the shot.
06-27-2018, 12:00 AM   #22
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Yes, the artistic and creative part of it.... Easy for us flash users to forget all that in a sea of confusion and debate about the technical aspects, compatabilities and wireless comms talk! I do admit though, that sometimes getting it all set up and firing ok can seem like most of the battle already won.
06-27-2018, 07:52 AM   #23
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Thanks, Nigel. This continues your valuable contributions to our understanding of how to get the best from our Pentax equipment.

06-27-2018, 03:22 PM   #24
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Hi Mikesul, thanks I'm glad you saw the shots, and yes, I would like to think that more Pentax users will be encouraged to try some flash work in confined and less than ideal spaces.
07-03-2018, 08:28 AM   #25
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

You are very welcome. I am just amazed at how much work you have put into this essential project. I agree with those who cannot understand why Pentax doesn't itself do more of this kind of thing or at least offer to sponsor people like you.
07-06-2018, 01:32 PM - 1 Like   #26
Pentaxian

Original Poster
There's a tendency to focus on the professional, the cool and artistic .... I can't claim to be any of those! I do see however that there are loads of Pentax users who are family people, hobbyists who do not have access to large spaces and sophisticated studio equipment and models who will always do what is needed!

So I try to share my more humble experiences and give the message that good looking flash photos can be taken by the family person / hobbyist / in less than ideal circumstances / and WITH PENTAX DSLRS . I get a bit tired of reading comments about needing to jump ship to another brand (well, its Nikon or Sony mostly, isn't it) to get easy compatibility with flash equipment.