Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 3 Likes Search this Thread
07-02-2018, 05:11 AM   #16
Veteran Member

I think the set up sounds right. Pass through is only for an “on V6II” flash, so that should be off. For a Cactus acting as slave then you control it via the channels and groups ....same Channel and same group activated (just set Group A on the flash and activate the A group on the trigger).

Last edited by mcgregni; 07-02-2018 at 05:17 AM.
07-02-2018, 06:09 AM   #17
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by funkythiru Quote
K1- The flash symbol is on when turning on but as soon as I go into liveview it turns off
Do you have Electronic Shutter enabled in LV ? Flash won't work with ES
07-02-2018, 08:19 AM   #18
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

This thread is another great example of what a unique and valuable resource PF is! So many people trying to help.
07-02-2018, 09:53 AM   #19

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Mikesul Quote
This thread is another great example of what a unique and valuable resource PF is! So many people trying to help.
Very true Mike, if it wasn't for the forum I would have gone Nikon or Fuji. This forum is very welcoming and oh so helpful.

---------- Post added 07-02-18 at 09:55 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by pschlute Quote
Do you have Electronic Shutter enabled in LV ? Flash won't work with ES
That's another thing I haven't figured out (ES).

07-02-2018, 09:56 AM   #20
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Very true Mike, if it wasn't for the forum I would have gone Nikon or Fuji. This forum is very welcoming and oh so helpful.
This is very true. I really like the new Sony equipment but I will stay with Pentax in large measure because of this community. I am not a social media guy but the information and assistance here is outstanding.
07-02-2018, 10:00 AM   #21

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Mikesul Quote
This is very true. I really like the new Sony equipment but I will stay with Pentax in large measure because of this community. I am not a social media guy but the information and assistance here is outstanding.
This is tangential, I really like the exclusivity and being under the radar with this brand.
07-02-2018, 10:24 AM   #22
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

This is tangential, I really like the exclusivity and being under the radar with this brand
I always like to be exclusive rather than run with the crowd too.

We will get you sorted. I think it would help if you tried the setup with your 28-105 lens first. Then we can narrow down the problem

07-02-2018, 10:40 AM   #23

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by pschlute Quote
I always like to be exclusive rather than run with the crowd too.

We will get you sorted. I think it would help if you tried the setup with your 28-105 lens first. Then we can narrow down the problem
Thanks Peter, I'll do that and see what it yields.
07-02-2018, 10:53 AM   #24
Veteran Member

It would be helpful to get more clarity on the exact error indications ..... does the message appear on the V6II unit on the camera, and exactly when does it appear ....? (eg, when switching on, when half pressing the shutter, pressing the shutter etc ?) . Does the camera itself take a picture, even without the flash firing?

When first switching on the V6II you should see displayed (only for a couple of seconds) the Camera and Flash system settings with the little P symbol in a sort of box shape. After that it should go to the display of the 4 Groups ready to be activated.

Also, make sure you are switching the V6II to the "Tx" mode with the power switch.
07-03-2018, 12:37 AM   #25
Forum Member

What should the TX / RXCactus V6 II be set to control the Cactus RF60X lamp? Can it be set up as Pentax, Canon, Nikon? Which system does the best deal with giving PTTL and HSS the most reliable - Canon or Nikon? I'm going to equip myself with strong lamps, but I do not know yet what system ...
07-03-2018, 01:30 AM   #26
Veteran Member

I use the V6II with 2 RF60/x flashes, using the X-TTL firmware. On the V6II both Camera System and Flash System are set to Pentax.

The Flash Profile setting is set to Auto Pentax, but this only applies in Rx mode, which I don't use.
07-03-2018, 05:17 AM   #27
Forum Member

I understand that when working only with Cactus RF60X lamps and a Pentax camera, it is best to set Pentax on the controller output. However, my question concerns the situation when you need to use Nikon or Canon lamps at the same time - will the Cactus RF60X work the same if the Cactus V6 II is set to Canon or Nikon? Has anyone worked with the lamps of these systems (or Godox, Genesis, Quadralite for Canon / Nikon) and can he say with which Pentax + Cactus system works better in P-TTL and HSS?

Last edited by Andrzej Makuch; 07-03-2018 at 05:23 AM.
07-03-2018, 07:01 AM   #28

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by mcgregni Quote
It would be helpful to get more clarity on the exact error indications ..... does the message appear on the V6II unit on the camera, and exactly when does it appear ....? (eg, when switching on, when half pressing the shutter, pressing the shutter etc ?) . Does the camera itself take a picture, even without the flash firing?

When first switching on the V6II you should see displayed (only for a couple of seconds) the Camera and Flash system settings with the little P symbol in a sort of box shape. After that it should go to the display of the 4 Groups ready to be activated.

Also, make sure you are switching the V6II to the "Tx" mode with the power switch.

Hope that link works. Don't mind me being so gingerly/ fumbling with the equipment/, stage fright you know...

I have this suspicion that I am overlooking something minute...

Last edited by funkythiru; 07-03-2018 at 10:41 PM. Reason: L'esprit de l'escalier
07-04-2018, 12:44 AM - 1 Like   #29
Pentaxian

It's probably just the fact that you have "M" (Master) mode selected on the RF60X.
It needs to be in "S" (Slave) mode.
07-04-2018, 12:49 AM   #30
Forum Member

It is possible that you do not turn off the energy saving and the lamp turns off before you finish setting.