Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 3 Likes Search this Thread
07-04-2018, 01:26 AM   #31

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Class A Quote
It's probably just the fact that you have "M" (Master) mode selected on the RF60X.
It needs to be in "S" (Slave) mode.
That took care of it. Thanks a lot guys.

07-04-2018, 02:57 PM   #32
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Great to hear Class A had the answer!
07-04-2018, 09:20 PM   #33

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by MarkJerling Quote
Great to hear Class A had the answer!
He did indeed, perhaps I should start reading the manual before trying to solve problems I create.
07-05-2018, 02:15 AM   #34
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by funkythiru Quote
He did indeed, perhaps I should start reading the manual before trying to solve problems I create.
A simple mistake, but one that cause a lot of head scratching. A setting easily missed. Don't worry about it!

07-05-2018, 03:03 AM   #35

Original Poster
Is it true that leaving the V6 ii on the camera can be deleterious for the camera?

As for my mistakes, I'll try to make fewer of them.
07-05-2018, 03:24 AM   #36
Veteran Member

I think the point being made by Steve was that it has risks, mainly physical ones of knocks and damage to the hotshoe. I always remove the V6II and put it in the box after each session of use.
07-05-2018, 03:56 AM   #37

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by mcgregni Quote
I think the point being made by Steve was that it has risks, mainly physical ones of knocks and damage to the hotshoe. I always remove the V6II and put it in the box after each session of use.
Wouldn't the constant on/ off the camera damage the contacts on the camera? Just curious.

07-05-2018, 04:07 AM - 1 Like   #38
Veteran Member

I'm only using mine once or twice a week, and with careful handling there's no concern. It would be at more risk, if left on, of being bumped when taking out of the bag, or should the bag fall upside down. If it was in a studio and the camera was remaining on a tripod always, then I would happily leave the V6II on also.

The same applies to flashes and softboxes etc ... In a busy home environment my gear is safer being carefully packed away after each use. More at risk from being pushed over, tripped over, splashed on etc if I left it set up.
07-05-2018, 01:56 PM   #39

Original Poster
BTW I never realized how useful flash is.

I feel as if I just rediscovered my camera. My nascent (photography) mind is literally blown.
07-09-2018, 02:43 AM   #40
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery
Wouldn't the constant on/ off the camera damage the contacts on the camera?
It certainly will not damage - the contacts of the camera are designed for continuous installation and removal of the flash.
07-09-2018, 05:12 AM   #41

Original Poster
After the first mounting I saw linear scratches, so I didn't want to exacerbate it with constant on/off.
Jenkuya
07-09-2018, 04:14 PM - 1 Like   #42
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

After the first mounting I saw linear scratches, so I didn't want to exacerbate it with constant on/off.
Jenkuya
Depending on brand, some flashes and TX will scratch the hot shoe due to overly long and pointy pins. When I first noticed marks on my K-3, I was not impressed. (Thank very much Yongnuo )

Steve
07-09-2018, 04:25 PM   #43

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
Depending on brand, some flashes and TX will scratch the hot shoe due to overly long and pointy pins. When I first noticed marks on my K-3, I was not impressed. (Thank very much Yongnuo )

Steve
Is Yong Nuo worth the hassle?
07-09-2018, 04:48 PM   #44
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Is Yong Nuo worth the hassle?
What hassle? Last night I did some camera gear portraiture with my two YN650III as optical slave to the K-3's onboard (P-TTL) flash and got excellent results. Setup required about five minutes, camera support and subject positioning included. The configuration was new to me, but I knew ahead of time what I wanted and how I wanted to do it. C'est facile, oui?

Steve
07-09-2018, 04:52 PM   #45

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
What hassle? Last night I did some camera gear portraiture with my two YN650III as optical slave to the K-3's onboard (P-TTL) flash and got excellent results. Setup required about five minutes, camera support and subject positioning included. The configuration was new to me, but I knew ahead of time what I wanted and how I wanted to do it. C'est facile, oui?

Steve
Certain people speak of this brand rather disparagingly, one reason why I went with cactus.