Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-14-2018, 11:24 AM   #1

Pentax AF-540fgz-Not Firing

Trying to locate a reliable source for Pentax flash repair. I've had this flash for several years.
Basically, everything works on the flash, except, it will not fire! The test button doesn't even light up.
I've put in fresh duracells several times, swapping one set of fresh batteries for another set of four fresh ones.

All functions seem to work fine. The mode switch works; the light switch works; the zoom functions fine.
When I press the test button, it will not fire. As I said before, the test button won't even light up!

The flash has never been abused, dropped or banged around in any way. Anyway, thanks for any advice, anyone can render!

07-14-2018, 02:58 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Did I not read something like this a couple days ago.
Ah, yes, five posts down.
Hope this helps.

AF 540 FGZ not charging on its own... - PentaxForums.com
07-14-2018, 08:35 PM   #3

Original Poster
Thanks for the reply, c. perkins. But I did read that above post before posting my own dilemma.

I don't have an external power pack. Previously, four fresh duracells worked just fine.
But now, it will not fire.
07-15-2018, 04:11 PM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Just want to be clear on this.

So you did the work around changing the flash to PP2 charging mode ?
It still does not charge using the internal batteries ?

If so, then maybe someone else can help or it needs to go out for service.

Oh, and welcome to the forum by the way.

Clarence

07-15-2018, 07:42 PM   #5

Original Poster
c. perkins: yes, I did change the flash to pp2 mode. I'm sending the flash in for service repair.
Thanks!