Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-15-2018, 06:39 AM   #1
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery
Af360fgzII HSS testing help

During a football (Europe)/ Soccer (American) shoot recently I had one of my 3 360s act up. Off course I was paying more attention to the shoot than the flash so I did not have time to diagnose at the time. Now at home I am trying to isolate which flash it is and the issues. What I need help with is.

1. Does anyone have a lab type test for HSS to issolate
2. Battery or flash issues

During the shoot I had one flash give me 1st erratic results then 2nd consume batteries.

This shoot was a testimony to me that you always need back up equipment which I did and the shoot went well despite the one flash going down.

Thanks
Todd

07-16-2018, 02:54 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by 77tbholmes Quote
During a football (Europe)/ Soccer (American) shoot recently I had one of my 3 360s act up. Off course I was paying more attention to the shoot than the flash so I did not have time to diagnose at the time. Now at home I am trying to isolate which flash it is and the issues. What I need help with is.

1. Does anyone have a lab type test for HSS to issolate
2. Battery or flash issues

During the shoot I had one flash give me 1st erratic results then 2nd consume batteries.

This shoot was a testimony to me that you always need back up equipment which I did and the shoot went well despite the one flash going down.

Thanks
Todd
I am having trouble understanding your problem. Are you saying that one of your flashes had erratic results and then drained the batteries? Low batteries could have been the cause of erratic results.

I am not sure if you are saying that you cannot determine which flash had problem. I must have misunderstood that.
07-17-2018, 05:01 AM   #3
Forum Member

Original Poster
The problem is:
1. Confirming which flash it is
2. Confirming battery under load problem
3. Confirming if flash problem

I am leaning towards it being a battery issue but on the day of the shoot I put 2 sets of freshly charged batteries in one flash and it responded the same at the time. Now I could just simply use the 3 off of 1 camera and lens against a model but I was hoping to find a more accurate method.
07-17-2018, 11:54 AM   #4
Pentaxian

I'm not able to understand you, sorry. I think you just have to try your flash a few times as you would plan to use it in a real situation ... That's the best test, and only you can do it.

Last edited by mcgregni; 07-17-2018 at 12:15 PM.
07-17-2018, 06:52 PM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by 77tbholmes Quote
The problem is:
1. Confirming which flash it is
2. Confirming battery under load problem
3. Confirming if flash problem

I am leaning towards it being a battery issue but on the day of the shoot I put 2 sets of freshly charged batteries in one flash and it responded the same at the time. Now I could just simply use the 3 off of 1 camera and lens against a model but I was hoping to find a more accurate method.
You have told us what you want to find out but I do not think you have explained exactly what happened to make you think there is a problem.
07-18-2018, 05:17 AM   #6
Forum Member

Original Poster
I think I located the problem. It appears that one of my AA chargers although indicating a full charge is not producing fully charged batteries.
07-18-2018, 05:17 AM   #7
Forum Member

Original Poster
I think I located the problem. It appears that one of my AA chargers although indicating a full charge is not producing fully charged batteries.