Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-19-2018, 10:28 PM   #1

studio strobe and pentax k5 ii

hei guys am a beginner using pentax k5 ii and i recently ordered studio strobe Andoer 250Ws strobes lighting setup and am wondering if it is going to work with the setup pliz help.

07-19-2018, 10:41 PM   #2

It looks like a basic studio strobe without any TTL. It will work fine with just about any camera. 😉 When I'm using strobes I like a flash meter (from my film days) but with digital all you need to do is take a few test shots and look at your histogram and zero it in.
Have fun shooting (if this is your first studio strobe it will take a little practice so don't get down on your self at first)
I would also suggest a softbox or umbrella
07-20-2018, 09:39 AM   #3

Congrats on your new strobe kit! Set your camera to X mode, begin with f/8 and shoot
At least this is how I began using strobes in studio. From there adjust your aperture according to the flash power you select.
07-30-2018, 07:00 AM   #4
Pentaxian

Hello, I suppose you ordered a set of trigger-receiver too. I suppose you are referring to 'Andoer MD-250 250WS GN50'; I found it on Amazon. It has a sync port,
and photocell, so any set of trigger-receiver with sync 3.5mm plug should work. Maybe you bought a set with triggers included.

Congrats and enjoy your new light.

09-04-2018, 09:41 AM   #5

Photos: Gallery
How are they performing...? Which triggers did you choose to fire them ?