Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 7 Likes Search this Thread
08-15-2018, 05:26 AM - 6 Likes   #1
Pentaxian

Table for known Godox triggers & flashes combo, to get HSS working

Hello, I think it's better to create a new thread for this matter

As there are so many combinations to get HSS with Cactus V6 II and different Godox triggers and flashes, my idea is to make a table with the needed configuration for the known combinations.

I own (or owned) most of the Godox triggers and several Godox flashes and got HSS working with all of them, using different configurations. Only few set of configurations are needed to get HSS with any combination of trigger&flash, in my experience.

I'll make two initial assumptions:

• Configurations for APS-C cameras and full frame cameras are the same.
  • For Cactus V6 II, we'll use the firmware 1.1.013. It seems that is valid for all the APS-C and K1 cameras.
I'll classify triggers into three groups:
1. FT16, XT16, XT32, X1T, that is, any trigger different than the Xpro
2. Xpro. The Xpro is the most sophisticated. Cactus V6II recognised it as a real device. Only XproC has been tested.
3. Other (dumb, not Godox) triggers. Yes, it's possible to get HSS with non Godox triggers.

On the other side, I'll classify Godox flashes into two groups:

1. Flashes like the V850 & AD360, 'old' manual flashes that need an external receiver
2. Flashes like the AD200, with internal receiver and native support for the X protocol. You should be able to disable the wireless mode and force HSS manually, if needed.

In general, for flashes like the AD200, the Xpro trigger is recommended. With other triggers you'll need to disable wireless mode and put an extra receiver on the USB port, to get HSS working.
For flashes like the V850 & AD360, any trigger should work.

OK, so here is the table.

A. TRIGGERS. You have one of the following:
  • FT16, old 433Mhz trigger
  • XT16, XT32, X1-TN/C. These are 'new' triggers at 2.4GHz & 'X' protocol
X1-T triggers have not been tested, but from other user's experiences, behave like XT32
A.1 FLASHES V850, AD360 and 'old' 433Mhz (not all flashes has been tested)
  • Configure the V6 II as: Pentax Camera, Manual flash, power sync or normal HSS
  • Configure your Godox flash forcing the HSS mode
  • Nothing more on your Godox trigger
A.2 FLASH AD200. Other 'new' devices with internal receiver that support the 'X' protocol (only AD200 tested)
  • On your flash, disable the wireless mode, put a proper receiver (FT16R/XT16R) on the USB port.
  • Proceed as A.1
B. TRIGGERS. You have the XProC (XProN not tested)
B.1 FLASHES V850, AD360 and 'old' 433Mhz (not all flashes has been tested)

• Configure the V6 II as: Pentax Camera, Manual flash or Canon Flash(Godox V860C profile), normal HSS or power sync
  • Configure your Godox flash forcing the HSS mode
  • Configure your XProC... well, it doesn't matter if you put the SYNC mode or not

B.2 FLASH AD200. Other 'new' devices with internal receiver that support the 'X' protocol (only AD200 tested)

• Configure the V6 II with: Pentax Camera, Canon Flash(Godox V860C profile), normal HSS
  • Nothing needed on your AD200. Check that wireless mode is on and you have the correct channel, etc.
  • Configure your XProC with SYNC mode on, check that a camera symbol apperars on the XproC display when you set the Cactus V6 II to ON.
NOTES:
if you want power sync then select POWER SYNC on the V6 II and 1/1 power on your AD200. It will only work at 1/1 power.
The V6 II settings here are valid for case B.1 too.
C. Other triggers, tested with Yongnuo rf602 & rf605, V850, AD360 AD200.
  • Put the trigger on top of your Cactus V6 II
  • Put the receiver on the hotshoe of your flash or connected to the sync port
  • Disable the wireless mode for AD200 and similar. Force HSS.
  • In general proceed as point A
I started a thread time ago with a mini-review of the XproC, including my experience in real work. You can find other threads with detailed instruccions for setting up the XproC & AD200 combo, like howieb101's threads.

I tested all the combinations for this table and my guess is that any Godox flash/trigger not listed here should work if you follow the settings for a similar flash. For example, AD360-II is similar to AD200 so follow point A.2 or B.2 depending on your trigger.

This is my best effort to help to get HSS working for Godox users. Of course I cannot guarantee that any flash/trigger not listed here will work.

I don't work for Cactus, Pentax or Godox.

[UPDATE]

Diagram.
Name:  Tabla_HSS_Godox.jpg
Views: 1335
Size:  154.0 KB

Regards.

Last edited by morenjavi; 08-20-2018 at 01:12 PM. Reason: Added diagram
08-17-2018, 12:28 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

This must have been a lot of work. Thanks for doing it. Maybe deserves a stickey.
08-17-2018, 04:41 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Useful post. Thank you.

A diagram or two of how your various setups may work would be a useful addition, if you have the ability to do that.
08-20-2018, 01:08 PM - 1 Like   #4
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Mikesul Quote
This must have been a lot of work. Thanks for doing it. Maybe deserves a stickey.
Thanks, let's wait and see if it's valid for forum users.

QuoteOriginally posted by rawr Quote
Useful post. Thank you.A diagram or two of how your various setups may work would be a useful addition, if you have the ability to do that.
Good suggestion. I have done a kind of diagram to get HSS working for the various cases described on the #1 post. I'll upload to post #1. The idea is to start on the V6 II and follow a path to reach to the final flash. During the travel you need to add required configuration for the Cactus, trigger or final flash. For example:

- start on Cactus V6 II and put a XT16 on top, you need to follow the blue path up & left on the diagram and add FLASH: MANUAL & POWER SYNC on the Cactus, then you travel 'wirelessly' to a Godox receiver, and follow the path to reach the AD200, so you need to add FORCE HSS & DISABLE WIRELESS on the AD200.

Some valid configurations have been omited to get the diagram more simple.
When you see a receiver, then an arrow to a flash, it means that you need to put such receiver on the flash.
Triggers and receivers are grouped, obvioulsy if you have a FT16 on camera side, you need the proper receiver on flash side (FTR16), and so on.

Regards.