Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-25-2018, 07:06 AM - 5 Likes   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Xpro-P TTL Wireless Flash Trigger for Pentax

Finally... This is a game changer at least for myself. Now I can dive in into Godox system!

Xpro-P TTL Wireless Flash Trigger

08-25-2018, 07:54 AM   #2

Thanks for the update! This certainly looks promising. I do like my Cactus setup but future expansion is always a consideration. Looking forward to reading reviews and comparisons to other systems.
08-25-2018, 08:19 AM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by RAART Quote
Finally... This is a game changer at least for myself. Now I can dive in into Godox system!

Xpro-P TTL Wireless Flash Trigger
Great news!

Here is the Flashpoint equivalent.

Flashpoint R2 Pro 2.4GHz Transmitter for Pentax (XPro-P)

Last edited by bladerunner6; 08-25-2018 at 06:40 PM.
08-25-2018, 08:45 AM - 1 Like   #4
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by bladerunner6 Quote
Hear is the Flashpoint equivalent.

Flashpoint R2 Pro 2.4GHz Transmitter for Pentax (XPro-P)
Finally!!!

I am nicely set at present without Pentax-dedicated RF wireless, but applaud the support being recently offered by the various makers. Woo! Hoo!

Steve

08-25-2018, 09:32 AM   #5

Well...... F YEAH!!!!
I just bought a X-pro C to trigger the Ad200, two weeks ago, so I'll find it a new home, even before it arrives to me, haha
08-25-2018, 10:12 AM   #6
Pentaxian

This looks like great news. It opens up a lot of compatibility for people who use Pentax and a 2nd system. Godox doesn't have a good description of the X system that I could find, though. Another site had this summary GODOX & FLASHPOINT – 2.4GHz Flash System Overview | FLASH HAVOC

Do I understand correctly? For example, if someone had the Godox Pentax trigger, 1 Godox Olympus flash, 1 Godox Canon flash, and 1 Godox Nikon flash, they would effectively have 3 off-camera flashes for Pentax, and 1 on-camera plus 2 off-camera for the other 3 brands? All with HSS and TTL support?
08-25-2018, 11:29 AM   #7
Pentaxian

I can't believe it, finally!
At present I have two XProC and one XT32C. I think I will keep one XProC and sell the others, if possible.

AD200, AD360, V850 are listed as 'compatible' (I own all). It seems that canon/nikon specific models, obviously aren't compatible (AD360-II not listed, but you should get HSS), V860 only supported at low speed. V850 II (new model with internal receiver) is not listed, but HSS should be supported.

About the V860, it's listed as 'supported at low speed' but I suppose no TTL for Pentax, as this flash is for Canon-Nikon-Sony... maybe Godox is developing new firmware updates for V860, it's not clear for me.
I wish to have a V860 with PTTL, HSS should be good to add, too.

Good news, but I'll miss stacking ... no, serioulsy

It's funny, I made and published a diagram days ago with all the settings needed to get HSS with most of the Godox triggers and flashes... well, now it's now needed, I suppose

Regards,
Javier.

Last edited by morenjavi; 08-25-2018 at 11:44 AM.
08-25-2018, 11:39 AM   #8
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

It looks like it will not be available for another month or so. Great to have it available.
08-25-2018, 12:57 PM   #9

Photos: Albums
Just curious how this compares with the Cactus system. It doesn't seem much different but clearly people are very excited by it so, I must be missing something. Is it simply the compatibility with Godox system pieces?
08-25-2018, 01:15 PM - 1 Like   #10
Pentaxian

We need stacking Godox triggers on a Catus V6 II to get HSS with Godox flashes. And there are several settings depending on your trigger and flash. The XProC is the most 'compatible' at present. But no wat to get TTL at all and other flash features (second curtain sync, etc).

With the XProP you'll not need to stack anymore, at least with supported flashes, like the AD200. On my case, I have the AD200, with the XProP I just get PTTL with my AD200 for free (well, I have to buy the trigger...) and HSS without the need to stack on a V6 II.

Regards.

Last edited by morenjavi; 08-25-2018 at 01:22 PM.
08-25-2018, 05:02 PM   #11
Veteran Member

Like a month ago, i search for some HSS lights and GODOX AD200 was very appealing, but i cant find some way to trigger the HSS, then i look at the Cactus option and i really was very close to purchase some Cactus V6II and some flash to elaborate something that may could work, im glad i pospose that purchase and keep on my old non HSS kit with Youngnuo..... but if they work as they suppose to work i may go with GODOX, and upgrade my kit of light
08-25-2018, 06:31 PM   #12
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Placed an order today at Henry's. They do not know when it will arrive. They think 2-3 weeks... Let see. Next purchase is AD200 and after the big strobe. Have to sell my Yongnuo kit after trigger arrives.
08-25-2018, 06:46 PM - 1 Like   #13
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I'll get one but not really for the pttl. Mainly for HSS without having to trigger stack the Cactus V6 II.

I quite like working in manual so pttl is a bonus rather than a necessity.

I wonder if the forthcoming lithium-ion Cactus light gave them a bit of a push along?
08-25-2018, 07:48 PM   #14
Veteran Member

Original Poster
I want that trriger mainly for HSS and not for p-ttl. Trriger controls also the power manually, same as my YN560-tx. Also the Godox has much bigger assortment of flashes and strobes that can be controlled with same trriger. AD200 has anyway twice the power (or more) of Yongnuo flashes. Afterwards I just need big strobe and I am set and portable.
08-25-2018, 10:40 PM   #15
Veteran Member

So psyched for this! Ordered one. On the Godox site, it mentions camera bodies supported, and the K-5 is not listed. I hope that is not really an issue.