Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-11-2018, 02:44 AM   #76

QuoteOriginally posted by mcgregni Quote
No, I do not believe you will have P-TTL or HSS with a cable connection from the V6II to the Shanny .... Only basic triggering.
But, according to the V6 II specifications (point 8 of Cactus V6 II HSS Wireless Flash Transceiver| CACTUS) says "TTL Pass-through" !!!
This means that the V6 II is capable of passing TTL information to your top shoe, or not?
Because, if not, what does "TTL Pass-through" mean?
Imagine this scenario: V6 II on the shoe of the camera and, in the upper shoe of the V6 II, a P-TTL flash (original or compatible Pentax): if the V6 II does not pass all the TTL information, the upper flash only would he get the order to shoot?
I am confused about this. I think, but I can not verify it, I should pass the TTL information.
Could you try this?
Thanks!

09-11-2018, 02:58 AM   #77
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
I have 3 x 540 fgzii bought when i had a few bucks and a metz 44 af1 bought originally with the K7, all i use is the off shoe thing and a cable works pretty well, I used a similar set up with the 6x7ii afg500 plus 2 af 280 flashes, you guys have money to burn, lucky you, unless you are really serious about flash most of the stuff is a waste of money, ian

---------- Post added 09-11-18 at 03:03 AM ----------

No, I do not believe you will have P-TTL or HSS with a cable connection from the V6II to the Shanny .... Only basic triggering.
i read some of your stuff about flashes as usual didnt understand most of it, my bad, but basically it is trial and error, fancy off shoe things only means as far as i can work out you dont have a cable or 2 trailing on the floor from the camera, regards ian
09-11-2018, 04:37 AM   #78

QuoteOriginally posted by jolepo Quote
But, according to the V6 II specifications (point 8 of Cactus V6 II HSS Wireless Flash Transceiver| CACTUS) says "TTL Pass-through" !!!
This means that the V6 II is capable of passing TTL information to your top shoe, or not?
Because, if not, what does "TTL Pass-through" mean?
Imagine this scenario: V6 II on the shoe of the camera and, in the upper shoe of the V6 II, a P-TTL flash (original or compatible Pentax): if the V6 II does not pass all the TTL information, the upper flash only would he get the order to shoot?
I am confused about this. I think, but I can not verify it, I should pass the TTL information.
Could you try this?
Thanks!
I have looked at the V6 II manual here: https://www.cactus-image.com/Cactus%20V6%20II%20Quick%20Start%20Guide%20%28EN%29.pdf
In the section "TTL Pass-through" it says:
"The V6 II transceiver comes with a multi-system shoe that supports TTL pass-through of Canon, Fujifilm, Nikon, Olympus, Panasonic, and Pentax systems. Make sure the camera and flash unit belong to the same TTL system."
This means that the upper shoe allows the passage of all P-TTL information, or is it a mistake?
09-11-2018, 05:43 AM   #79
Veteran Member

Jolpo, just need to clarify.... Are you thinking of putting a P-TTL cable onto the top shoe of the V6II? If so, then I'm not understanding why you need a V6II at all, because the cable can go directly onto the camera hotshoe.

I thought you were referring to a basic cable in the V6II sync port, which does not transmit P-TTL data.

I suppose the P-TTL cable would work as TTL Passthrough, although it's not the intention of the feature. (which is actually to put a flash on top of the trigger).

09-11-2018, 06:13 AM   #80

Jolpo, just need to clarify.... Are you thinking of putting a P-TTL cable onto the top shoe of the V6II? If so, then I'm not understanding why you need a V6II at all, because the cable can go directly onto the camera hotshoe.

I thought you were referring to a basic cable in the V6II sync port, which does not transmit P-TTL data.

I suppose the P-TTL cable would work as TTL Passthrough, although it's not the intention of the feature. (which is actually to put a flash on top of the trigger).
Sorry, maybe I did not explain myself enough! Setting a V6 II between the camera and the TTL cable would serve to expand the lighting system with another TTL and HSS flash like the Cactus RF60X. This would have two TTL and HSS flash (the Shanny and the Cactus RF60X.
09-11-2018, 06:50 AM   #81
Veteran Member

It's an option, but a cumbersome one I feel. Unless funds are tight, I'd recommend buying another RF60x for a neater, all-radio solution. If you need to economise and also will be needing the Shanny for on camera work, then your idea could be suitable.

I must caution though I have not heard any report confirming a TTL cable works as you want .... It's only a theory that it should at this stage.

---------- Post added 11-09-18 at 14:16 ----------

Also consider that the way of controlling the TTL passthrough flash is different than the radio slaves, so you'll have two different input approaches on the V6II, not the ideal or nearest solution.
09-11-2018, 10:28 AM   #82

It's an option, but a cumbersome one I feel. Unless funds are tight, I'd recommend buying another RF60x for a neater, all-radio solution. If you need to economise and also will be needing the Shanny for on camera work, then your idea could be suitable.

I must caution though I have not heard any report confirming a TTL cable works as you want .... It's only a theory that it should at this stage.

---------- Post added 11-09-18 at 14:16 ----------

Also consider that the way of controlling the TTL passthrough flash is different than the radio slaves, so you'll have two different input approaches on the V6II, not the ideal or nearest solution.
Thank you for all the information provided!

09-14-2018, 08:05 PM   #83
Veteran Member

I have the Sony version for my A9s and 3 AD200 units. I have been using Paul C. Buff for years, but the Godox units have been a pleasant surprise. The quality and performance (color consistency) have been much better than I expected and the X-Pro trigger has been trouble free so far. I need to a order a second trigger as a back-up just to be safe, but so far it has been flawless.
10-05-2018, 05:59 AM - 1 Like   #84
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
The Godox XPro-P flash trigger is a "game changer" for Pentax photographers - DIY Photography

Reviews of the XPRO-P trigger are trickling out now. Mentioned in the review is the early pre orders are shipping now.
10-05-2018, 08:18 AM - 1 Like   #85
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by sureshgvv Quote
The Godox XPro-P flash trigger is a "game changer" for Pentax photographers - DIY Photography

Reviews of the XPRO-P trigger are trickling out now. Mentioned in the review is the early pre orders are shipping now.
Cool article. I noted that Lex, the K-1 owner, showed up with the Pentax-A 35-70/4* rather than an AF lens. The lack of focal length and lens model data is a challenge for even Pentax-brand flash. Kudos to Godox for handling this corner case well.

Steve

* Misidentified in the article as Pentax-M
10-07-2018, 12:55 PM   #86

... Very nice. Also good that Godox have a timeframe (Nov) for the AD200/AD360II firmware updates. Very happy to hear the TT600 is giving HSS right off the bat with the XPro-P, (not the case with the XPro-F), since a $65 TT600 is the gateway drug to a Godox system.

Just sad they didn't have a TT685 to test, as well. But typically, if HSS with the TT600 works, then all four full-sized speedlights (TT600, V850II, TT685, V860II) should all give HSS. And HSS with the XTR16 and XTR16s receivers might work as well (which brings in the AD180, AD360, V850 and V860).
10-07-2018, 08:48 PM   #87
Veteran Member

Still impatiently waiting for mine pre-ordered from Adorama.
10-07-2018, 09:27 PM - 1 Like   #88
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by inkista Quote
And HSS with the XTR16 and XTR16s receivers might work as well (which brings in the AD180, AD360, V850 and V860)
My XPRO-P has arrived and I can confirm that HSS works with the V850 Mk I with XTR16s. For the power levels to work correctly you must set the 850 Mk I to HSS on the flash.

Howie Be
10-07-2018, 11:58 PM   #89

Anyone received their XPro-P and tested it on a camera not listed in the compatible list, such as a K5.
10-08-2018, 04:21 AM   #90

Hello,
I'm using 645Z camera

I have just received today the XPRO-P trigger i had ordered on aliexpress (it was there that it was only available 3 weeks ago, but it had taken a long time to be delivered in belgium).

In the meantime, i had received one AD200 and one AD600B strobe, which i have could use with xpro-c (canon) and xpro-n (nikon). I have taken the time to upgrade the firmware so that they are in accordance with the latest version (firmware said "adapted for Pentax")

So, AD200 = firmware 2.1
AD600B = firmware 2.6

I have just tested the xpro-P to see how it works ...

- in TTL mode, with AD600B, exposition is correct

- in TTL mode, with AD200, i have always under exposition ...
to have a correct exposition, i'm forced to put +3 EV (correction maximum available ... a supplementary 1/2 EV would perhaps be necessary)

If i use both AD200 and AD600B simutaneously in TTL moçde , exposition is always under exposed !

These are my first impressions in using XPRO-P with GODOX flashes.