Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 94 Likes Search this Thread
10-11-2018, 06:43 PM   #106
Veteran Member

Staff note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means Pentax Forums may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. If you would like to support the forum directly, you may also make a donation here.

I preorder the mk1 Xpro-P, if the V1is good then i will order the mk2 and keep the v1 as a backup trigger

10-12-2018, 06:47 AM   #107
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by inkista Quote
They have a pre-order listing for it.
The pre-order listing for the Pentax version is just the Mk I version.
There is no Mk II version for Pentax yet.
Hopefully it will be just a matter of time until it becomes available. I'd prefer it over the original Mk I design.

The changes between the Mk I and Mk II are mostly gracenote fixes, but the sheer number of them pretty much means the Mk II is going to have a better, more refined UI.
The Mk II has a completely different button layout and a lot of the interaction is different.

To me, the one feature that the Pro trigger still would need to make that TCM button really useful is TTL group ratio settings,
I don't find group ratios useful.

You can achieve the same effect with the current approach -- if one group has double the power than another, these groups are in a 2:1 ratio -- without changing the paradigm. The standard paradigm has the advantage of allowing simple and fine-grained tweaks to individual groups on top of achieving certain ratios via the respective strength choices.
10-17-2018, 02:33 AM - 3 Likes   #108
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I have just received my Xpro-p and immediately had to try it on my K1. What a revelation, it plays nicely with all of my studio flashes, my ad200, TT600's and V850II's without any misfires or bugs in more than 800 shots. I have always shot flash in manual so I can balance the background ambient light , so to be able to do this and be able to exceed sync speed on the fly without changing any settings and have my flashes seamlessly change to HSS is amazing.
I'm so impressed that my Cactus gear (V6's,V6II's and flashes) and Pentax AF-540's will be going on the market.

Glenn
10-17-2018, 04:22 AM   #109
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by G and T Quote
so to be able to do this and be able to exceed sync speed on the fly without changing any settings and have my flashes seamlessly change to HSS is amazing.
Yeah, it really simplifies things. Its great timing for Pentax as with the evolution of Godox triggers it means that although we've had to wait a long time we've ended up getting the best Godox trigger so far.

10-17-2018, 04:38 AM   #110

At last.. Some wonderful news....!!
10-17-2018, 09:21 AM   #111
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Mine is shipped and will receive it on Friday. Looking forward to using it.
10-17-2018, 10:54 AM   #112
Veteran Member

I just recieve my shipping notification from BH

10-22-2018, 07:52 AM   #113
Veteran Member

Hmmm... I guess it's time to cancel my Adorama order and order with B&H
10-22-2018, 11:46 PM   #114

You could find the pre-order for canon and nikon at these adres

https://www.adorama.com/fprrr2procii.html?

https://www.adorama.com/fprrr2pronii.html?

In the FAQ, there is noted that money will only be taken when the triggers will become available and sent

Somebody has also asked if the mark II version will be compatible with GODOX or only with FLASHPOINT flashes ....
Confirmation that they will be usable with GODOX has been done

On FLASHAVOC, we can also hear that,soon, there will be a vertical shoe available ... so you can see the screen of the trigger when you put your camera high on a tripod

FLASHPOINT VERTICAL TTL HOT SHOE Adapters – Now Available | FLASH HAVOC
10-23-2018, 03:00 AM   #115
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I have just received my Xpro-p and immediately had to try it on my K1. What a revelation, it plays nicely with all of my studio flashes, my ad200, TT600's and V850II's without any misfires or bugs in more than 800 shots. I have always shot flash in manual so I can balance the background ambient light , so to be able to do this and be able to exceed sync speed on the fly without changing any settings and have my flashes seamlessly change to HSS is amazing.
I'm so impressed that my Cactus gear (V6's,V6II's and flashes) and Pentax AF-540's will be going on the market.

Glenn
Sounds Great ! Thanks for your feedback.
10-23-2018, 05:13 PM - 1 Like   #116
Veteran Member

More good news, Godox has released new firmware updates for some more strobes, AD600 strobes, AD400 and now AD200 strobes are now compatible with Pentax X TTL.
I had to try out yesterdays firmware release on my AD200 even though I have always shot manual, but this firmware is a revelation, none of the old TTL inconsistencies and then if you're like me just use the TCM function and convert TTL to manual
settings and adjust to your liking from there with the added bonus of no pre-flash. It gives great baseline exposures, my flash meters aren't going to like this. One more bonus is Godox's Pentax X TTL does work well with manual focus lenses
unlike Cactus triggers.( I've been using Voigtlanders with A contacts, I'll have to test more.)

Glenn
10-24-2018, 01:09 AM   #117

Photos: Albums
More good news, Godox has released new firmware updates for some more strobes, AD600 strobes, AD400 and now AD200 strobes are now compatible with Pentax X TTL.
I had to try out yesterdays firmware release on my AD200 even though I have always shot manual, but this firmware is a revelation, none of the old TTL inconsistencies and then if you're like me just use the TCM function and convert TTL to manual
settings and adjust to your liking from there with the added bonus of no pre-flash. It gives great baseline exposures, my flash meters aren't going to like this. One more bonus is Godox's Pentax X TTL does work well with manual focus lenses
unlike Cactus triggers.( I've been using Voigtlanders with A contacts, I'll have to test more.)

Glenn
Wow great news! Recieved trigger 2 days back and was really disappointed as TTL was not working with my AD200...
10-24-2018, 02:39 AM - 3 Likes   #118

One more addition: the non-Pentax V860II have also received a P-TTL compatibility firmware update.

So, only the AD360II and TT685 to go. (The TT350/V350 mini speedlight, and X1R receivers don't do cross-brand TTL).

If you haven't done a Godox firmware update before, you need a micro USB cable, the appropriate firmware update application, and a Windows box to run it. There are two update apps: G1 for all the pre-AD200 lights, and G2 for the AD200 and later lights. So, the AD200 and AD600 Pro requires G2, and the V860II, AD600, and AD600M require the G1 software. You can download the G1 and G2 installers from the same website that has the firmware files.

If you are on a Mac, a virtual Windows machine or Bootcamp Windows installation will work. If you want to do this for free, you could try using VirtualBox and a free developer's 90-day Windows VirtualBox virtual machine from Microsoft, but I never had great luck doing that.

You can also use the Adorama Flashpoint firmware website and use their F1/F2 apps and firmware download files, but they sometimes exceed their Dropbox download limits, and often don't have the files as quickly as the Godox site.

On the AD200, make sure you use the micro USB port near the power switch for the update; not the USB-A port that's for plugging in an FTR16 receiver if you want to use the old 433MHz Godox system. If it doesn't work, a lot of folks have found that switching micro USB cables can get things going; some micro USB cable cannot transfer data but are only for charging devices. If there are Chinese characters in path names, deleting them will fix any issues with using those files on a non-Chinese system.

Last edited by inkista; 10-24-2018 at 02:59 AM.
10-24-2018, 03:58 AM - 1 Like   #119

I had looked each day since I received the xpro-p to see if an new update would endly appears for the AD-200 on the godox site, except today ... and one upgrade is avalaible

Just upgraded the AD200 ... now works great in TTL mode with 645Z.

Thanks for the information

Here under the 2 models of bag for the AD600

original, which is the one generaly sold ....

with fixations in the middle ... no trap to let the cable go through

Godox PB-600 Portable Flash Strobe Bag Case fr Godox AD600 AD600B AD600BM AD600M | eBay

modified model ... much better... do not reverse itself ...

with fixations at top of the bag ...
trap on the top to let the cable come through

Godox Witstro AD600 Portable Carry Bag with Strap 5060198243851 | eBay
10-24-2018, 08:08 AM   #120
Veteran Member

Thanks for the updates. This is great news. I'm pretty sure I have this right, but want to confirm:
1) AD200, AD400, AD600 models that support TTL at all will support PTTL with a firmware update that is available now.
2) For speedlights, there is no Pentax specific model, but the other branded ones that support TTL will support PTTL with a firmware update available now.
3) There has been no announcement that a Pentax specific speedlight is coming out?
4) All of the Godox flashes that support HSS will do HSS with the XPro-P transmitter without any firmware update