Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-25-2018, 01:43 PM   #136

QuoteOriginally posted by howieb101 Quote
Here is my understanding. If you update the firmware of the 860 II to that now supporting Pentax these flashes will work in PTTL if used with the XPRO-P. However, if the 860 II (N, C,F, versions, etc) mounted direct on a Pentax camera even with the updated firmware they will be manual flashes
This is correct.

You'll know that the V860II is correctly switching between the "native" flavor and Pentax by looking at the LCD.

My TT685-C is the Canon version (with a Canon foot). It is only a TTL/HSS speedlight on my Canon dSLRs, but as an off-camera slave, if I use it with my XPro-C, it will say Canon on the LCD. If I use it with my XPro-F/X100T, it will say FUJI, and if I use it with my XPro-O on my GX-7, it will say OLPS. I'm pretty sure that you'll see an indication of the V860II-C/V860II-N being in a "Pentax mode" if the firmware update is applied and an XPro-P is used.

The TT350-P, however, may only do P-TTL for the XPro-P. Some cross-brand combinations with the TT350 as radio slave do work in TTL, but my TT350-O only ever fires at full power in TTL when I trigger it with my XPro-C/TT685-C (manual ratio control and HSS still work). Flashpoint support told me that the TT350 is not designed to do cross-brand TTL.

You can also use the TT350-P as an on-camera transmitter, rather than an XPro-P. If the TT685-P and V860II-P come out, they also can be the on-camera transmitter unit.

Last edited by inkista; 10-31-2018 at 10:10 PM.
10-25-2018, 03:34 PM   #137
Des
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Thanks to all you flash gurus for a wealth of information in this thread. Those like me whose understanding of this stuff is basic might find this overview of the Godox/Flashpoint system helpful as an introduction: GODOX & FLASHPOINT – 2.4GHz Flash System Overview | FLASH HAVOC
10-26-2018, 12:14 AM   #138

Is there any hope or confirmation that Godox publishes a firmware update for the TT685 series flash (C, N, O ...) that includes the P-TTL Pentax support, as it has been done with the V860II?
10-26-2018, 01:22 AM   #139

QuoteOriginally posted by jolepo Quote
Is there any hope or confirmation that Godox publishes a firmware update for the TT685 series flash (C, N, O ...) that includes the P-TTL Pentax support, as it has been done with the V860II?
Hope yes, but confirmation no. Since Godox have done similar TT685 firmware updates for introductions of the -N, -S, -F, and -O versions of Godox gear, the chances are good they will also update the TT685, especially since they've just published the V860II updates. But they never announce these updates ahead of time. You just have to keep checking the downloads page. And most typically, they update the lights from most expensive to least, which tends to leave the TT685 at the tail end of the proceedings. I'm actually surprised the V860II update came out before the AD360II's update did.

10-26-2018, 04:19 AM - 1 Like   #140

Another question: with a Godox XPRO-P on the Pentax KP I can use an X1R (Nikon or Canon) receiver with a Shanny SN600FGZ flash (compatible P-TTL Pentax and HSS) coupled, and that it retains all P-TTL and HSS functions?
Thanks!
10-26-2018, 10:59 AM - 1 Like   #141
Veteran Member

Now we're getting too carried away!
10-26-2018, 02:25 PM   #142

QuoteOriginally posted by mcgregni Quote
Now we're getting too carried away!
Sorry, but I do not understand what you mean ... my level of English is very low and I can speak with you thanks to Google Translate. If I said an embarrassment, I beg you to forgive me but I did not dominate the TTL issue at all, and even less all of this powerful, yet complicated, Godox X system ...

10-26-2018, 04:29 PM   #143

QuoteOriginally posted by jolepo Quote
Another question: with a Godox XPRO-P on the Pentax KP I can use an X1R (Nikon or Canon) receiver with a Shanny SN600FGZ flash (compatible P-TTL Pentax and HSS) coupled, and that it retains all P-TTL and HSS functions?
Thanks!
No. The X1R receivers do not do cross-brand TTL. They are not like the Cactus V6II transceivers; they remain dedicated to a single system and can only do TTL in that one system. You cannot use legacy P-TTL flashes in the Godox system as anything other than manual-only slaves at this time.

Also, you'd need an X1R-P to work with a P-TTL flash, which doesn't yet exist. At this time, the X1R receivers only come in Canon, Nikon, and Sony flavors. And for a trigger to communicate TTL from a camera to a flash, the pins on the foot of the flash have to match the contacts on the hotshoe of the receiver, and both must speak the same TTL communication protocol the camera and transmitter do.
10-26-2018, 10:44 PM   #144

QuoteOriginally posted by inkista Quote
No. The X1R receivers do not do cross-brand TTL. They are not like the Cactus V6II transceivers; they remain dedicated to a single system and can only do TTL in that one system. You cannot use legacy P-TTL flashes in the Godox system as anything other than manual-only slaves at this time.

Also, you'd need an X1R-P to work with a P-TTL flash, which doesn't yet exist.
Thank you very much for the answer, clear and concise.
10-31-2018, 05:48 AM   #145

QuoteOriginally posted by G and T Quote
I can also confirm that K7, K5 and K5IIs also all work with HSS, TTL and of course manual with Xpro-p and ad200 with new firmware.

Glenn
Hi Glenn. I can't work out how to set TTL with a K5 and AD200. What am I missing ??
10-31-2018, 07:40 AM - 2 Likes   #146
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by markl62 Quote
Hi Glenn. I can't work out how to set TTL with a K5 and AD200. What am I missing ??
Firstly are you running firmware version 2.2 on your AD200. This can be checked by holding in the mode button while turning on the AD200. If you are not running v2.2, Inkista gave a detailed description earlier in this thread on updating Godox firmware.
If you are running v2.2 on your AD200 you should be ready to go. Once you have the Xpro on your camera and everything is switched on make sure that flash is enabled on your K5 and not wireless or red-eye reduction etc. (checked by the bottom button of the 4-way controller). The Xpro and your light should be set to the same channel if they are you should be able to select the flash's group with one of the Xpro's 5 side buttons. When you have your flash's group highlighted you can then change its settings,if you push the mode button your Xpro should change from M to TTL etc. with each push, the control wheel can then be used for exposure compensation for TTL or to adjust manual settings. Each time you change one of these settings on the Xpro you should see a corresponding change on your AD200's screen. So TTL will be enabled when you select the flash's channel and group and you use the mode button to select TTL while the group is highlighted and this will be confirmed on the AD200's screen.

I hope this helps,
Glenn
10-31-2018, 12:50 PM   #147

QuoteOriginally posted by G and T Quote
Firstly are you running firmware version 2.2 on your AD200. This can be checked by holding in the mode button while turning on the AD200. If you are not running v2.2, Inkista gave a detailed description earlier in this thread on updating Godox firmware.
If you are running v2.2 on your AD200 you should be ready to go. Once you have the Xpro on your camera and everything is switched on make sure that flash is enabled on your K5 and not wireless or red-eye reduction etc. (checked by the bottom button of the 4-way controller). The Xpro and your light should be set to the same channel if they are you should be able to select the flash's group with one of the Xpro's 5 side buttons. When you have your flash's group highlighted you can then change its settings,if you push the mode button your Xpro should change from M to TTL etc. with each push, the control wheel can then be used for exposure compensation for TTL or to adjust manual settings. Each time you change one of these settings on the Xpro you should see a corresponding change on your AD200's screen. So TTL will be enabled when you select the flash's channel and group and you use the mode button to select TTL while the group is highlighted and this will be confirmed on the AD200's screen.

I hope this helps,
Glenn
`thanks again Glenn. I had the AD200 on Grp D on and for some reason TTL is not activating on Grp D or E but does on A, B & C. Not sure why, i'll have to have a closer look tonight.

Cheers Mark
10-31-2018, 05:06 PM - 1 Like   #148

QuoteOriginally posted by markl62 Quote
`thanks again Glenn. I had the AD200 on Grp D on and for some reason TTL is not activating on Grp D or E but does on A, B & C. Not sure why, i'll have to have a closer look tonight.
That's just how the XPro works.

From page 33 of the manual:

Name:  foo.png
Views: 634
Size:  79.7 KB

Most of the Godox speedlights can only be set to groups A-C, anyway. I think it's only the Canon ones you can set to D&E (I'm guessing it's a limitation of how many groups the camera can grok in the brand's proprietary "smart" optical wireless systems; since TTL requires camera/flash communication). And Groups 0-9 are only accessible if you have the Godox AC-powered strobes (or the Godox A1 smartphone trigger).
10-31-2018, 07:48 PM   #149

QuoteOriginally posted by inkista Quote
That's just how the XPro works.

Most of the Godox speedlights can only be set to groups A-C, anyway. I think it's only the Canon ones you can set to D&E (I'm guessing it's a limitation of how many groups the camera can grok in the brand's proprietary "smart" optical wireless systems; since TTL requires camera/flash communication). And Groups 0-9 are only accessible if you have the Godox AC-powered strobes (or the Godox A1 smartphone trigger).
Thanks inkista. Saves me looking when I get home tonight.

The XproP is working fine with the K5 and AD200.
11-01-2018, 06:36 AM - 1 Like   #150
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Even more astounding news, I'm able to get TTL and HSS with the Xpro-p on my MZ-S. I don't know of any other film camera that is doing this. I have now been able to confirm reliable operation with the Xpro-p and the K7, K5, K5IIs, K3 and now the MZ-S as well as Godox's listed supported cameras K3II , K1 and K1 II.

Glenn