Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 94 Likes Search this Thread
03-14-2019, 01:46 AM   #211
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by BSULMON Quote
I have to put a piece of isolating rubber so that there is only the central contact of the shoe which
come in contact with the 645Z
Yeah, unlike the X1T, the XPro has no "single pin" firing mode, hence one needs to do insulation contortions.
I don't know whether the X2T which corrects many issues of the X1T still features a "single pin" mode.

I'm rather sure the Cactus V6II supports fully manual lenses as long as one doesn't exceed the sync-speed with one's shutter speed.
I could confirm it, if you like.

...but the transmitter goes in "waiting state" 2 or 3 minutes later...
Have you configured the "STBY" (stand by) option to "OFF"?

03-14-2019, 02:22 AM   #212

There is a option in the menu of the xpro to cancel the automatic standby ... one problem solved

I have another information to given :

I can use XPRO- NIkon version I and FLASHPOINT-Nikon Version II with my 645Z if i isolate the "ttl/ready flash" contacts with a piece of isolating rubber ... in manual mode.
I have found a flash shoe adapter on eBay wich has only a central contact on his base (towards the camera) and only one contact on his top (no more need to use a piece of isolating tape)

---------- Post added 03-14-19 at 02:24 AM ----------

Good to know also :

new firmware for the mark II flashpoint xpro transmitter are to be downloaded from adoram : version 1.1 for canon and nikon and version 1.2 for sony ....
not yet dedicated mark II version for pentax
Attached Images

03-14-2019, 02:55 AM   #213
Pentaxian

Hello,

I think that the problem with M lenses and XProP transmitter has been discused in this thread: Pentax K1 w/ manual lens won't trigger off camera flash - PentaxForums.com

I don't know if it's exactly the same problem that you have, but there are some solutions suggested on the thread.

Regards.
03-14-2019, 04:49 AM   #214

Thanks, it's effectively the same problem ... but no solution were given in this thread.

So, I'm happy not to be alone to expirement this type of problem with the xpro transmitter .... same problem do not occur with cobra flashes from other brand.
Thus, it is well a specific problem with the XPRO transmitter.
The solution is, as mentionned hereabove, to isolate the electric contact, except the central's one ... with the above mentionned adapter or with a piece of isolating tape.

03-14-2019, 08:17 AM   #215
Pentaxian

Thanks, it's effectively the same problem ... but no solution were given in this thread.
No solution? Several solutions were given on this thread (read stevebrot's suggestions #17), you can like it or not, but they allow you to control Godox flashes when you have M lens and the XProP.

1. Tape to disable all contacts but the central pin
2. On post #21, you can see a solution using the camera's sync port to fire the XProP with, two pictures to illustrate the setup
3. On the last post you can read that 'zazism_rx' used a passthroug adapter, and it worked

Finally, If you have any other godox trigger, line XT16/XT32 or even XPro for Canon, you can use your M lenses without issue.

Regards.
03-14-2019, 10:52 AM - 1 Like   #216
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by morenjavi Quote
Av AND P MODES Av mode works but... the speed if fixed to something as 2 x focal lenght... so then, this is not really an Av mode, isn't it? With 'P' mode I noticed the same behabiour. Not a big issue for me anyway... I only use 'M' mode

For these modes, if needing to free the shutter speed restrictions then switch the Camera Flash Mode to Slow-Speed Sync.... this is most effective indoors and in low light to create a true balance of ambient and flash exposures.
03-14-2019, 11:42 AM   #217
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by mcgregni Quote
For these modes, if needing to free the shutter speed restrictions then switch the Camera Flash Mode to Slow-Speed Sync.... this is most effective indoors and in low light to create a true balance of ambient and flash exposures.
Thanks a lot Nigel for the point. With flash, I use the 'M' mode 99% of the time, so I did not pay much attention to the 'issue'.
I checked your suggestion and, with a real flash, it's just as you told: the speed is 'fixed' to 2 x focal length, but the speed is released when you set slow sync mode on camera (the only behabiour that has logic for me).
When I cheked the slow sync mode with the XProP I noticed no change on the speed regardless the camera flash mode, but I finally discovered that I have to unset the HSS SYNC mode on the XProP, then the speed works as expected. You are limited to sync speeds, but it's good to know.
Again, thanks, my AD200 have increased it's value again .

Regards.

BTW. Doesn't that comment belong to another thread?

03-14-2019, 02:36 PM   #218
Veteran Member

Glad to hear the Slow Speed Sync can work with the trigger and AD200. Its an interesting "flash mode", because it is not a mode that affects the flash really at all, but rather the camera behaviours. My understanding is that standard "Flash On" mode is really designed for simple flash only scenes, ie where there is no real attempts to balance ambient and flash light, or outdoors in daylight then only for the most basic fill-in situations. The shutter speeds are related to lens focal lengths and designed to avoid camera shake, assuming handholding. So it is sort of "snapshot" mode. Indoors in low light this mode can produce the typical "party" snapshot look, with bright flashed faces and dark surrounds.

Slow Speed Sync assumes that the photographer wants to take more control and combine a mix of ambient and flash exposures, well suited to indoor events or the classic low light portrait outdoors with a city skyline in behind. The camera manual now warns us to ensure the camera is steadied or on a tripod, as shutter speeds will likely not be hand-holdable.
03-16-2019, 09:28 AM   #219
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by mcgregni Quote
I guess I knew this, but it is a revelation, none-the-less. Thanks for the reminder.

Steve
04-12-2019, 07:51 PM - 1 Like   #220
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
New 2 Me Godox TT350P X 2 and XPro-P

Just got my new TT350P's (2of them) with an XPro-P trigger, now the learning curve starts again! They really need a good document describing the set up to get everything in sync for the NOVICE!

I got them all working together but I'm not sure what I did to get it to happen...hahaha. Shooting with a K-70 here is one of my first results HD DA 35mm 2.8 macro.

CC welcome and thanks for any feedback, god knows this forum is always helpful!

Last edited by SharkyCA; 04-12-2019 at 07:54 PM. Reason: Change Image link
06-13-2019, 09:33 AM   #221
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I just got my Godox Xpro-P trigger to be used with Godox AD400 Pro and K-1. I wanna try TTL and HSS. Question: are there any settings I need to modify on my K-1 for best results?
06-15-2019, 11:32 AM   #222
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Hattifnatt Quote
Question: are there any settings I need to modify on my K-1 for best results?
No.

However, if you want to use HSS, you need to make sure to manually activate HSS on the XPro-P trigger. Otherwise, you won't be able to go beyond 1/200s shutter speed.

BTW, I highly recommend to operate the K-1 in "M" (manual) mode when you are using flash. It is easier than you might think. You can use the green button to help with getting a good start for ambient exposure. Just adapt that first setting and if you are manually controlling flash power (recommended, in my view) then just adjust the flash power so that it suits your shooting parameters.
06-24-2019, 05:03 PM   #223

Just noticed something; the TT685-C received a P-TTL compatibility firmware update (v2.4) on May 7. But, weirdly, it's only the Canon flavor that's gotten this update (usually it rolls out across all the flavors of a model at the same time). Still, at $110, it's cheaper than getting a V860II, and more powerful (and cross-brand capable) than a TT350. But, obviously, still manual only on a Pentax hotshoe.
08-30-2019, 05:26 AM - 1 Like   #224
Pentaxian

Flashpoint R2 Pro MarkII?!?

It looks like the Flashpoint R2 Pro MarkII (an improved version of the Godox XPro-P) has become available for Pentax after all!

This would be amazing!

I have the XPro-P and it bugs me that toggling groups on and off is so cumbersome, plus the extra quick access buttons and the Bluetooth functionality would be extremely welcome.
09-04-2019, 01:33 AM   #225
Pentaxian

I contacted Adorama and they said that they have no concrete ETA for the Flashpoint R2 Pro MarkII; it is currently listed "out of stock". I ordered one anyhow. Hope it won't take ages.