Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 94 Likes Search this Thread
09-04-2019, 02:02 AM   #226

QuoteOriginally posted by Class A Quote
I contacted Adorama and they said that they have no concrete ETA for the Flashpoint R2 Pro MarkII; it is currently listed "out of stock". I ordered one anyhow. Hope it won't take ages.
Perhaps it really doesn't exist yet. Can't remember the other trigger for Pentax they advertised that never happened either - was it the XT32 ?

09-05-2019, 01:29 AM   #227
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by markl62 Quote
Perhaps it really doesn't exist yet.
They said they ordered some. So they definitely exist, Adorama just doesn't have an ETA.
09-05-2019, 01:17 PM   #228

QuoteOriginally posted by markl62 Quote
Perhaps it really doesn't exist yet. Can't remember the other trigger for Pentax they advertised that never happened either - was it the XT32 ?
The X1T-P. I remember that ghost listing. The only "flavor" that never arrived...

---------- Post added 09-05-19 at 01:18 PM ----------

They said they ordered some. So they definitely exist, Adorama just doesn't have an ETA.
Glad to read that. Weird that the R2 Pro II-P listing hasn't followed the usual pre-order routine the other non-Canon ones did.

BTW, just to monger a rumor. I note that the V1's battery on Adorama is titled (bold mine): "Flashpoint VB-26 Li-ion Battery for the Zoom Li-ion X and Zoom Li-ion III" Which is a little weird, since they don't have a Zoom Li-ion II. But I can't help wondering if a V850 III or V860 III may be in the works. The TT600 and V850 II could do with some serious overhauling (and adding firmware update capability), bringing the TT685/V860II UI in line with the V1's would be worthwhile, and letting all of them use magnetic modifiers directly would be awesome.

But I stress: me daydreaming and probably reading waaaaay too much into things.

Last edited by inkista; 09-05-2019 at 02:04 PM.
09-05-2019, 07:07 PM   #229
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by inkista Quote
The X1T-P. I remember that ghost listing. The only "flavor" that never arrived...

---------- Post added 09-05-19 at 01:18 PM ----------

But I can't help wondering if a V850 III or V860 III may be in the works. The TT600 and V850 II could do with some serious overhauling (and adding firmware update capability), bringing the TT685/V860II UI in line with the V1's would be worthwhile, and letting all of them use magnetic modifiers directly would be awesome.

But I stress: me daydreaming and probably reading waaaaay too much into things.
Godox/Flashpoint has an adapter that allows useage of the V1 modifier pack on regular full size flashes.
https://www.adorama.com/fplfxsr1k.html?br=1

09-06-2019, 05:38 PM   #230

QuoteOriginally posted by Kobie Quote
Godox/Flashpoint has an adapter that allows useage of the V1 modifier pack on regular full size flashes.
https://www.adorama.com/fplfxsr1k.html?br=1
Yeah, but it's kinda clunky and still has to be attached. Wouldn't it be nicer if you didn't need an adapter and they had grids/snoots/gels that were shaped for the fresnel head, or maybe a rectangular-to-round magnetic adapter for the V1/AD200 round head modifiers? It wouldn't take a lot of modification of the fresnel heads they're currently using to include a metal lip/rim for a built-in magnetic mount.
09-06-2019, 07:23 PM   #231
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Yeah, but it's kinda clunky and still has to be attached. Wouldn't it be nicer if you didn't need an adapter and they had grids/snoots/gels that were shaped for the fresnel head, or maybe a rectangular-to-round magnetic adapter for the V1/AD200 round head modifiers? It wouldn't take a lot of modification of the fresnel heads they're currently using to include a metal lip/rim for a built-in magnetic mount.
So once it's attached, just leave it there lol. I did that with one of my flashes and a gel kit. Mounted everything, and just left it as is. Only difference is the Godox solution doesn't have velcro pads that are forever stuck to your flash head.
09-08-2019, 12:11 AM   #232

The ADORAMA version (Flashpoint R2 PRO Mark II ) was mentionned "COMING SOON", and now it is "ON BACK ORDER".
The GODOX V1 for Pentax is now available on eBay through chinese sellers.

09-08-2019, 06:56 AM   #233
Pentaxian

The X1T-P. I remember that ghost listing.
Same here.

I'm confident about the R2 Pro MarkII though because I enquired before and the initial answer was "in the making" which was later followed by "apparently not happening". The current "ordered a bunch and waiting for them" is so different to the last response, it would be mad for the trigger not to exist.

bringing the TT685/V860II UI in line with the V1's would be worthwhile
For the customer, yes. Godox may think that selling the V1 is nicer for them. For the V1 Godox isn't using quite the same cut throat pricing as they used to. Still good value, but it seems they are trying to increase their margins a bit and that won't work optimally by bringing older products up to scratch with firmware updates.

On a somewhat related matter, I'd love to know why Godox uses the better group on/off interaction on the X2T but did not retroactively provide it for the XPro. The latter is a better trigger in many regards but the convoluted use of the "mode" button for turning groups on and off makes it harder to use than it should be the case. Can't wait to get the R2 Pro MarkII.

Wouldn't it be nicer if you didn't need an adapter and they had grids/snoots/gels that were shaped for the fresnel head,
There is this gels, grid, and barn doors kit for the AD200. I guess that's the one @Kobie mentioned. I also leave the adapter permanently attached to the Fresnel head. Too hard to dismount and being permanently attached it not only supports very flexible and quick usage, but also fits in the original AD200 box. AFAIC, it is an integral part of the Fresnel head now.
09-08-2019, 11:02 AM   #234
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by BSULMON Quote
The ADORAMA version (Flashpoint R2 PRO Mark II ) was mentionned "COMING SOON", and now it is "ON BACK ORDER".
The GODOX V1 for Pentax is now available on eBay through chinese sellers.
Now back to "PRE-ORDER".

Steve
09-08-2019, 05:15 PM   #235
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
Now back to "PRE-ORDER".
I see "On Backorder".

Technically it shouldn't be "on backorder", I guess, because they never had it in stock before.
According to what I've been told, though, it shouldn't be "pre-order" either because it isn't uncertain anymore whether the item will become available.

Let's hope it will just state "in stock" soon.
09-09-2019, 01:19 PM   #236
Pentaxian

For me there is no choice to order from Adorama. Shipping cost are about 50$, plus customs. Instead, I'm thinking about buying the X2T-P, just to have a second Pentax trigger with the SYNC feature. Not sure if it is a good business. I'll sell my two XPro-C triggers to finance the purchase. If the SYNC feature is as useful as the Cactus V6II's SYNC DELAY one, maybe I'll sell the Cactus triggers too.

Regards.

--------
Trigger Buying Adiction ?

Last edited by morenjavi; 09-09-2019 at 01:33 PM.
09-09-2019, 03:48 PM - 1 Like   #237
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

There is this gels, grid, and barn doors kit for the AD200. I guess that's the one @Kobie mentioned. I also leave the adapter permanently attached to the Fresnel head. Too hard to dismount and being permanently attached it not only supports very flexible and quick usage, but also fits in the original AD200 box. AFAIC, it is an integral part of the Fresnel head now.
This is what I'm talking about https://www.adorama.com/fplfxsr1k.html?
09-10-2019, 08:39 AM   #238
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Kobie Quote
This is what I'm talking about https://www.adorama.com/fplfxsr1k.html?
This kit takes the detour via the round head form factor.

I prefer having the gels, grid and barn doors directly on the rectangular head.

The only gadgets you are not getting in the kit I linked to compared to yours are:
  • The snoot. Godox snoots are hopelessly too wide, though. They do not sufficiently restrict the light.
  • The rotatable reflector. This is a nice BFT replacement, however it is mostly useful when using a flash on-camera (which doesn't make sense for an AD200). The barn doors can substitute for that piece easily and are more capable.
  • The round diffusion dome. Could be useful to create a roundish pattern on a background or to spill light everywhere for "wild" bouncing. Not sure it justifies the use of the rectangular-to-round adapter and the $37.90 price difference. I guess if you need it, you'll know it.
09-10-2019, 08:48 AM   #239
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by morenjavi Quote
Instead, I'm thinking about buying the X2T-P, just to have a second Pentax trigger with the SYNC feature.
What "SYNC feature" are you referring to?

Are you talking about HyperSync or the fact that the X2T can connect to a smartphone?
The latter option is really useful (and is provided by the Flashpoint R2 Pro MarkII as well).
The Godox app could have much better usability -- I don't know why in this day and age user interfaces still need to be this suboptimal -- but it is very handy as it is already.

QuoteOriginally posted by morenjavi Quote
If the SYNC feature is as useful as the Cactus V6II's SYNC DELAY one, maybe I'll sell the Cactus triggers too.
The XPro (EDIT: Only the Flashpoint R2 Pro Mark II does!) already supports a "DELAY" feature. Are you not able to replicate the V6II's delay feature with that?

Last edited by Class A; 09-12-2019 at 11:25 AM.
09-10-2019, 03:30 PM   #240
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

This kit takes the detour via the round head form factor.

I prefer having the gels, grid and barn doors directly on the rectangular head.

The only gadgets you are not getting in the kit I linked to compared to yours are:
  • The snoot. Godox snoots are hopelessly too wide, though. They do not sufficiently restrict the light.
  • The rotatable reflector. This is a nice BFT replacement, however it is mostly useful when using a flash on-camera (which doesn't make sense for an AD200). The barn doors can substitute for that piece easily and are more capable.
  • The round diffusion dome. Could be useful to create a roundish pattern on a background or to spill light everywhere for "wild" bouncing. Not sure it justifies the use of the rectangular-to-round adapter and the $37.90 price difference. I guess if you need it, you'll know it.
From what I can see, the Fresnel Adapter/kit you posted is only for the AD200. Will that kit even fit a different Flashpoint/Godox Flash?
The one I posted is an adapter to mount specifically to a speedlite/flash and you get all the modifiers available for the round head. It just won't fit mini flashes (such as the TT350P/FlashPoint Mini) but there's an adapter for that as well.