Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 94 Likes Search this Thread
09-11-2019, 07:28 AM   #241
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Kobie Quote
From what I can see, the Fresnel Adapter/kit you posted is only for the AD200.
Correct.

Will that kit even fit a different Flashpoint/Godox Flash?
No, the mounting mechanism is designed to fit the AD200 (Pro).

The one I posted is an adapter to mount specifically to a speedlite/flash and you get all the modifiers available for the round head.
I didn't realise that, as it is advertised specifically for the AD200 ("eVOLV 200" with Adorama's branding).

I'm not super excited about such a simple rectangular->round adapter because there is no respective light reshaping (unless you use the dome). For most accessories such as gels, grids, etc. it doesn't matter whether the head is rectangular or round. The only real advantage I see for a round accessory is that the bounce scoop can easily rotate. When you are using an equivalent accessory on a rectangular head, adjusting is not quite as easy, unless the accessory adds a rotating mechanism.

09-11-2019, 03:47 PM   #242
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Class A Quote
Correct.

No, the mounting mechanism is designed to fit the AD200 (Pro).

I didn't realise that, as it is advertised specifically for the AD200 ("eVOLV 200" with Adorama's branding).

I'm not super excited about such a simple rectangular->round adapter because there is no respective light reshaping (unless you use the dome). For most accessories such as gels, grids, etc. it doesn't matter whether the head is rectangular or round. The only real advantage I see for a round accessory is that the bounce scoop can easily rotate. When you are using an equivalent accessory on a rectangular head, adjusting is not quite as easy, unless the accessory adds a rotating mechanism.
Not sure what you read but here's the text taken directly from the link...

***Take advantage of the Flashpoint S-R1 Adapter and AK-R1 Accessory Kit, which allows you to attach quickly and easily Flashpoint eVOLV 200 round head modifiers to your Flashpoint Zoom and Zoom Li-on speedlights. By mechanically clamping to your flash, the included Flashpoint S-R1 Accessory Adapter provides a round platform for instantly snapping on included magnetic modifiers. This gives you a fast change of light pattern between one scene to the next. Among the round head accessories shipping in the kit are a four-leaf barndoor, diffusion dome, a 30° honeycomb grid, a wide-angle diffuser, six color filters, two filter holders, a spot lightsnoot, and a requisite Bounce Scoop.

Flashpoint H200R Features
Flashpoint S-R1 Adapter, four-leaf barndoor, eleven modifiers, and two filter holders are included
Mates Flashpoint eVOLV200 round head modifiers with Flashpoint Zoom and Zoom Li-on speedlights
Requires additional mounting adapters for compatibility with Flashpoint Zoom Mini
Delivers fast change of light pattern between one scene to the next
Offers instant, snap on/snap off attachment
Allows stacking for combined effects***

Anyway, the original point was that this exists lol
09-12-2019, 12:57 AM   #243

For the ones who believes that the X2T-P (version for pentax) would never been commercialized, I have to observe today, on Amazon or on eBay, that it is now available.
09-12-2019, 01:24 AM   #244
Pentaxian

What "SYNC feature" are you referring to?

Are you talking about HyperSync or the fact that the X2T can connect to a smartphone?
The latter option is really useful (and is provided by the Flashpoint R2 Pro MarkII as well).
The Godox app could have much better usability -- I don't know why in this day and age user interfaces still need to be this suboptimal -- but it is very handy as it is already.

The XPro already supports a "DELAY" feature. Are you not able to replicate the V6II's delay feature with that?
Sorry 'Class A', my post can be a bit confusing, I was referring to the X2T-P DELAY (SYNC) feature, I wrote just 'SYNC' by mistake. That is, a feature that seems useful to get HyperSync working. The manual says about X2T-P DELAY: "set the firing delay in high-speed sync". And, to me, it only makes sense to get hypersync.
I agree that connecting to a smartphone is a nice plus for the X2T-P, other good reason to add this trigger to my usual setup.

What I don't find, is any DELAY setting on my XPro (firmware v1.1). Are you referring to the DELAY setting of the AD200, maybe ?

Regards.

09-12-2019, 11:28 AM   #245
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by morenjavi Quote
That is, a feature that seems useful to get HyperSync working.
Yes, that's exactly what it's for.

What I don't find, is any DELAY setting on my XPro (firmware v1.1).
I'm very sorry, I could have sworn the regular XPro supported a delay as well. However, only the Flashpoint R2 Pro Mark II variant does. The latter is rather similar to the XPro but has more buttons and a few more tricks up its sleeves (like the delay feature and the same Bluetooth connection that is available on the X2T).
09-12-2019, 12:12 PM   #246
Pentaxian

I'm very sorry, I could have sworn the regular XPro supported a delay as well. However, only the Flashpoint R2 Pro Mark II variant does. The latter is rather similar to the XPro but has more buttons and a few more tricks up its sleeves (like the delay feature and the same Bluetooth connection that is available on the X2T).
Yes, the R2 Pro Mk II looks great, but shipping costs from Adorama to my country are higher that the cost of the flash, unfortunately. This is why the X2T seems a good alternative.
Regards.
09-13-2019, 12:57 AM   #247
Pentaxian

Ordered !

09-13-2019, 06:34 AM   #248
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by jake14mw Quote
So psyched for this! Ordered one. On the Godox site, it mentions camera bodies supported, and the K-5 is not listed. I hope that is not really an issue.
The list of compatible Cameras is a list of what they have physically tested with so they know 100% that it works. It doesn't mean other models won't work flawlessly. It just means they didn't have those camera bodies to test with.
09-13-2019, 11:27 AM   #249
Pentaxian

I have a K-5 and I can confirm that the XProP works with this model. The only 'issue' is that, for P-TTL, I have to compesate -0.7 or so, but it's very easy to set on the trigger. I have to compensate anyway when I use other PTTL flashes with my K-5, so I think this is a problem with the K-5, not the trigger.
09-13-2019, 06:50 PM   #250
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Ordered !
Nice! Just Ordered my X2T-P 1 min ago.
10-07-2019, 03:32 AM   #251
Pentaxian

Flashpoint Developments

Comparing an older Flashpoint R2 Pro MarkII with the recently added images for the Pentax version --

-- it becomes apparent that the "Flaspoint" branding has been moved from the back of the trigger (the side facing away from the camera) to the top of the trigger.

More importantly, the hot-shoe mounting system has been changed from a screw to a lock-lever approach. Nice!
10-07-2019, 04:08 AM   #252
Pentaxian

More importantly, the hot-shoe mounting system has been changed from a screw to a lock-lever approach. Nice!
This is THE trigger!
10-16-2019, 12:00 PM   #253
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I have some problems with the Xpro-P and the AD400 Pro:

1) flash exposure compensation just doesn't work in TTL mode; if I dial it up or down on the trigger (+1, -1 etc) nothing happens on the flash LCD, it just shows zero; when I try to set it manually using the flash dial, numbers change (only on the flash LCD) but the exposure is not affected; in manual mode, I can control the flash power from the trigger with no difficulties;

2) HSS button is acting in a similar fashion; if I enable it on both flash and trigger, it works; but I can't turn it on or off just using the trigger;

Anybody else having this problem? maybe I'm doing something wrong? should I just try a firmware update?
10-16-2019, 12:11 PM   #254
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Hattifnatt Quote
1) flash exposure compensation just doesn't work in TTL mode; if I dial it up or down on the trigger (+1, -1 etc) nothing happens on the flash LCD, it just shows zero; when I try to set it manually using the flash dial, numbers change (only on the flash LCD) but the exposure is not affected; in manual mode, I can control the flash power from the trigger with no difficulties;
I don't have the AD400, but the AD200, but I can comment on this. When I change compensation on trigger, I don't see anything on the Flash LCD. The same if I change compensation on the flash. So I see this is normal. But exposure is affected. What camera mode are you using ? M, Av...

2) HSS button is acting in a similar fashion; if I enable it on both flash and trigger, it works; but I can't turn it on or off just using the trigger;
This is strange, I only need to set HSS on the trigger, setting on the flash have no effect at all.

Anybody else having this problem? maybe I'm doing something wrong? should I just try a firmware update?
If you don't have the last firmware, I should recommend to install it. Are your Xpro-P & AD400 new ? Do you have the last firmware with Pentax support for the AD400 ?

EDIT: I'm not sure, but I think the AD400(Pro) is quite modern flash that should have Pentax support out of the box, anyway the last firmware on Godox site is V1.2. Check if you have the last version.
10-16-2019, 01:12 PM   #255
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I don't have the AD400, but the AD200, but I can comment on this. When I change compensation on trigger, I don't see anything on the Flash LCD. The same if I change compensation on the flash. So I see this is normal. But exposure is affected. What camera mode are you using ? M, Av...
I was using Av mode. Did some tests and I thought the exposure was not affected... maybe -1 was not enough to see a change and I should have tested with -3.

This is strange, I only need to set HSS on the trigger, setting on the flash have no effect at all.
I didn't try to see if it works if I only set it on the trigger. I set it active on both flash and trigger. Then I noticed when I disable it from trigger, the icon still stays active on flash.

If you don't have the last firmware, I should recommend to install it. Are your Xpro-P & AD400 new ? Do you have the last firmware with Pentax support for the AD400 ?EDIT: I'm not sure, but I think the AD400(Pro) is quite modern flash that should have Pentax support out of the box, anyway the last firmware on Godox site is V1.2. Check if you have the last version.
Yes they are new. I have just updated the firmware on both flash and trigger without bothering to see which version was before. Did some quick tests, same as before. But I didn't actually mount the trigger on the camera, I will test more tomorrow, maybe the exposure actually changes but the flash and trigger LCD's are not in sync.