Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-10-2020, 02:24 AM - 1 Like   #286
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Pablo Villegas Quote
Don’t have the Pentax trigger yet, and I ordered a X2T-P not the Xpro-P. But I’ll try it when it gets here. Yeah, I do believe you can manually force HSS on the 360ii, but have not actually tried it.
Great. I have tested the setup ('downgrading' my AD200 + XT16 receiver) with the X2T-P and it works too. Unfortunately, the X2T-P have a problem with legacy flashes, because it can't enable or disable legacy flashes, but still can fire, change power or use HSS. Notice that a 'downgraded flash' becomes a legacy flash.

Regards.

08-10-2020, 03:45 AM - 1 Like   #287
Pentaxian

I decided to buy another Ad200 and the double head adapter, that way I can have one more stop of light if I need it.
The AD-B2 is a nice device. Time ago I had the same idea: I had one AD200 unit and bought the AD-B2 to test it. So my idea was to buy another AD200 unit later. But then I found a great offer for a new AD400 so I bought it and forget abot the second AD200. I still have the AD-B2, so I can make a test for you, if needed.

Regards.
08-11-2020, 10:14 AM - 5 Likes   #288

QuoteOriginally posted by morenjavi Quote
Great. I have tested the setup ('downgrading' my AD200 + XT16 receiver) with the X2T-P and it works too. Unfortunately, the X2T-P have a problem with legacy flashes, because it can't enable or disable legacy flashes, but still can fire, change power or use HSS. Notice that a 'downgraded flash' becomes a legacy flash.

Regards.

Well, my X2T-P arrived like an hour ago, and i just tested it. it works out of the gate with the AD360ii in HSS! I dont know why people reported it as not working, I did absolutely nothing special, just turned both on and chose the trigger sync as HSS, that’s it! no need to do anything else on the flash. You can change power as well.

One image is at 1/400 and the other one is at 1/250 on a Pentax 645D that sync tops at 1/125. The Godox 360ii changes from regular to HSS when you go pass 1/125 of a second in camera, automatically.

You can check the settings in Flickr
https://flic.kr/p/2jvgK4S
https://flic.kr/p/2jvjpUg
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX 645D  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX 645D  Photo 

Last edited by Pablo Villegas; 08-11-2020 at 02:23 PM.
08-11-2020, 02:07 PM - 1 Like   #289
Pentaxian

Great. I suposse that people was referring to the lack of support for Pentax TTL. But its obvious that HSS is supported. Congratulations!

08-11-2020, 02:39 PM   #290

QuoteOriginally posted by morenjavi Quote
Great. I suposse that people was referring to the lack of support for Pentax TTL. But its obvious that HSS is supported. Congratulations!
Godox own page say it doesn’t work. And every reviewer has said the same. Even here it was the popular knowledge that it didn’t worked.

Thanks for all your help.

Saludos! Y gracias de nuevo!
08-12-2020, 01:16 AM - 1 Like   #291
Pentaxian

Godox own page say it doesn’t work. And every reviewer has said the same. Even here it was the popular knowledge that it didn’t worked.
Well, you have been able to test it, check that it works and publish your results here. Great.

Saludos! Y gracias de nuevo!
¡De nada!
09-10-2020, 02:51 PM   #292
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Finally...after a few minutes here, few minutes there over several weeks, I was able to get the HSS working on the X2T-P on my K-5, and a V860ii-C.

Not sure what I'm going to take pictures of, but just knowing I have the capability is my win for the day.

Just thought I'd share that.

09-10-2020, 04:51 PM   #293
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Riggomatic Quote
but just knowing I have the capability is my win for the day.
that's always a win! good deal........no doubt you could several things that could use some fill flash !
12-06-2020, 06:54 PM - 1 Like   #294
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
How does the cat like the flash :-)