Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 3 Likes Search this Thread
09-27-2018, 12:34 PM - 1 Like   #16
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Class A Quote
Yes, it will.

However, unless you embrace the troubleshooting tips you have received, I anticipate that you won't be making any progress. Perhaps the new firmware and/or the reset will do the trick but I doubt it.

BTW, I've just read that someone had to go back to PEN.A.002 from PEN.A.003 to get rid of a bug. Unless the poster didn't identify the real cause, it seems that PEN.A.003 may not be the ideal choice for everyone.
Thanks Class, and indeed I will get round to absorbing properly each and every point you (and others) have raised in this thread to further troubleshoot this issue, the help has not gone unnoticed
And thanks for the heads up regarding 003.

09-29-2018, 03:38 AM   #17
Veteran Member

I’ve just been testing ready for a shoot, and I wanted to use my old M series 75-150mm. It hasn’t been mentioned in this thread what lens was being used, but it seems to be important, because I can report that I could not use my M series lens .....I have had to return to using an autofocus zoom to get consistent and controllable results from the Cactus flash gear .....and that is in M flash mode.

I’ve seen this before, but thought it had been resolved with firmware.....apparently not. I am using PEN.A.003 on the V6II, with an RF60 flash (also on the XTTL firmware). In Manual flash mode with the M type lens I get some non-fires (fairly frequently) and also no control over flash power, usually every 3rd to 4th time, then it takes 2 tries to get the flash power to respond to inputs on the V6II.

All of these issues are resolved with an autofocus lens, and I get 100% reliable operation. It was not said what lens was being used here in this thread, but it’s something that should be specified in relation to XTTL firmware and troubleshooting.
09-29-2018, 03:56 PM   #18
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by mcgregni Quote
I’ve just been testing ready for a shoot, and I wanted to use my old M series 75-150mm. It hasn’t been mentioned in this thread what lens was being used, but it seems to be important, because I can report that I could not use my M series lens .....I have had to return to using an autofocus zoom to get consistent and controllable results from the Cactus flash gear .....and that is in M flash mode.

I’ve seen this before, but thought it had been resolved with firmware.....apparently not. I am using PEN.A.003 on the V6II, with an RF60 flash (also on the XTTL firmware). In Manual flash mode with the M type lens I get some non-fires (fairly frequently) and also no control over flash power, usually every 3rd to 4th time, then it takes 2 tries to get the flash power to respond to inputs on the V6II.

All of these issues are resolved with an autofocus lens, and I get 100% reliable operation. It was not said what lens was being used here in this thread, but it’s something that should be specified in relation to XTTL firmware and troubleshooting.
Hi mcgregni, welcome to the party

On my day (and in the video) I was using FA77 and HD DA 35 Macro, so yeah, this was still occurring with AF lenses (I no longer have my beloved Samyang 85 )

I agree with you tho, using MF glass, the results are even more bizarre. TTL or M some shots would just go crazy and be a full power, then the next shot it would calm down and give a more accurate exposure. Odd.

I did a test shot yesterday, everything went fine except I did have to fire off one TTL shot first at the beginning of the session to then get M mode to work.