Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
10-10-2018, 07:37 PM   #1

High Speed Sync for GODOX Bulb Flashes and Pentax

Staff note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means Pentax Forums may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. If you would like to support the forum directly, you may also make a donation here.

Hi, everyone. Do any one of u own a GODOX AD 360? HERE

I need to HSS (High Speed Sync it with my K1, any piece of advice on what TRIGGER shall i use? Cause the remote system of this kind of flashes... If u have used one, please help me here. Thanks a lot!

10-10-2018, 09:09 PM - 1 Like   #2
Pentaxian

I haven’t used it but Godox have just recently released a new Pentax version of their XPro trigger that seems to be compatible with your AD 360.

GODOX PHOTO EQUIPMENT CO.,LTD Xpro-P
10-10-2018, 10:52 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Where can we buy that? Last search I did couldn't find the Pentax version on amazon. It's good the see online ads for Pentax compliant lighting devices but no info about where it's available for sale ?
10-10-2018, 11:41 PM   #4
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by biz-engineer Quote
Where can we buy that? Last search I did couldn't find the Pentax version on amazon. It's good the see online ads for Pentax compliant lighting devices but no info about where it's available for sale ?
I have just tried to find it but it seems not to be available at the big sellers yet. You can only pre order at B&H and Adorama and it’s not available through Amazon directly but there seem to be some Amazon Marketplace sellers that list it as in stock.

10-10-2018, 11:58 PM - 1 Like   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I bought mine from eBay seller zeniko_online_au on eBay and it arrived last week. Genuine and all working.

Happy and it arrived sooner than I expected.
10-11-2018, 05:06 AM   #6
pid
Pentaxian

Godox XPro-P 2,4G TTL LCD Transmitter Sender Trigger für Pentax Kamera | eBay

https://www.amazon.de/Godox-XPro-P-Eingebautes-Mehrkanalblitzausl%C3%B6ser-K...s=Godox+XPro-P

Last edited by pid; 10-11-2018 at 05:12 AM.
10-11-2018, 09:37 AM   #7

Original Poster
I have just seen that trigger for sale at e bay

10-11-2018, 09:40 AM   #8

Original Poster
Thats a beautiful trigger but it seems to DONT work with the remote system of my AD 360. I am waiting for an answer about that from the guys at Godox

---------- Post added 10-11-18 at 10:03 AM ----------

The AD360 uses a receiver at 433 MHZ and apparently the XTR 16, supported by the X PRO, works at 2.4 G; I really dont know if that is relevant for compatibility. Still waiting for an answer from Godox. I'll keep u informed.
10-11-2018, 11:03 AM   #9
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by MichelMarin Quote
Thats a beautiful trigger but it seems to DONT work with the remote system of my AD 360. I am waiting for an answer about that from the guys at Godox

The AD360 uses a receiver at 433 MHZ and apparently the XTR 16, supported by the X PRO, works at 2.4 G; I really dont know if that is relevant for compatibility. Still waiting for an answer from Godox. I'll keep u informed.
You might be right about this. There’s a video that has been posted in another thread recently where it is stated that the 360II could be triggered but only without HSS and TTL functionality. Here’s the link:

10-11-2018, 12:23 PM   #10
Pentaxian

Thats a beautiful trigger but it seems to DONT work with the remote system of my AD 360. I am waiting for an answer about that from the guys at Godox---------- Post added 10-11-18 at 10:03 AM ----------The AD360 uses a receiver at 433 MHZ and apparently the XTR 16, supported by the X PRO, works at 2.4 G; I really dont know if that is relevant for compatibility. Still waiting for an answer from Godox. I'll keep u informed.
Hello,

I have several Godox triggers, old 433Mhz (FT16) and new 2.4GHz (XT16,XT32C,XProC), and all of then can trigger the AD360. You just need to put the correct receiver on the USB port, FT16R or XT16R. Don't forget to select the correct channel and port, of course .

Regards.
10-11-2018, 08:38 PM   #11

No, you don't need the XTR16 2.4GHz receiver.

The AD360 you listed is an AD360 II. The AD360 II has a built-in X transceiver, so you don't need the FTR16 (older 433MHz receiver) or XTR16 (newer 2.4GHz receiver) add-ons. Those are for the older first-version AD360 and AD180, which don't have a built-in trigger.

However, it only comes with a Canon or Nikon compatible foot, so you will not be able to use it attached to the hotshoe of a K-1, only as a radio slave. And the firmware update that will let it be controlled in TTL from an XPro-P has not yet been issued (Godox says they're hoping to have it out by mid-November). You should have HSS and remote power control, though, even without the firmware update.

Last edited by inkista; 10-11-2018 at 08:44 PM.
10-11-2018, 10:05 PM   #12

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by inkista Quote
No, you don't need the XTR16 2.4GHz receiver.

The AD360 you listed is an AD360 II. The AD360 II has a built-in X transceiver, so you don't need the FTR16 (older 433MHz receiver) or XTR16 (newer 2.4GHz receiver) add-ons. Those are for the older first-version AD360 and AD180, which don't have a built-in trigger.

However, it only comes with a Canon or Nikon compatible foot, so you will not be able to use it attached to the hotshoe of a K-1, only as a radio slave. And the firmware update that will let it be controlled in TTL from an XPro-P has not yet been issued (Godox says they're hoping to have it out by mid-November). You should have HSS and remote power control, though, even without the firmware update.
Ok. I am trying to get this straight. My old AD360 works with a 433 MHZ receiver. I bought one 2.4 g some day and tried to use it on my AD360 and nothing happened. Hey! Now I am realizing that I used a 433MHHZ trigger to do my testing! Lol may be that was the problem to trigger the flash that time. So, u are positive about both receivers can trigger my ad360? That would be so nice!!! Because then i can buy a X PRO and HSS my lighting!

---------- Post added 10-11-18 at 10:33 PM ----------

And i change all my frequency to 2.4 G intead of 433 mhz and now I will be able to HSS everything thru the X PRO P for Pentax. Thanks for all your help!
10-12-2018, 04:00 AM   #13
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by pid Quote
Godox XPro-P 2,4G TTL LCD Transmitter Sender Trigger für Pentax Kamera | eBayhttps://www.amazon.de/Godox-XPro-P-Eingebautes-Mehrkanalblitzausl%C3%B6ser-K...s=Godox+XPro-P
Thanks. The seller is in China, that's import tax added here. Last time I purchased something shipped from China on amazon, I had to pay 150 Euros of tax (costed me 30% more than if I had purchased the same thing at the local shop).
10-12-2018, 04:11 AM   #14
Pentaxian

Ok. I am trying to get this straight. My old AD360 works with a 433 MHZ receiver. I bought one 2.4 g some day and tried to use it on my AD360 and nothing happened. Hey! Now I am realizing that I used a 433MHHZ trigger to do my testing! Lol may be that was the problem to trigger the flash that time. So, u are positive about both receivers can trigger my ad360? That would be so nice!!! Because then i can buy a X PRO and HSS my lighting!
Hello, sorry for my first answer, but I though you were referring to the AD360 Mk I.
Inkista is right about the AD360 MkII.
If you are asking about triggering the old AD360, I have one, and I can trigger with old or new triggers/receivers, you need of course use trigger and receivers with the same technology, that is 433Mhz or 2.4GHz, but they will work.

About getting HSS with the old AD360 and the XProP, you should be able to get HSS with a XTR16 receiver. I was able to get HSS with the XProC + Cactus stacking (before the XproP was released). Now, there are forum members that got HSS with a XproP + V850, that needs the XTR16 as you should put on the AD360. For me, it's exactly the same case: if you can sync HSS with the V850, you'll success with the AD360 too.

About the AD360II, as inkista said, it does not support Pentax TTL, but you should be able to get HSS. People have got HSS with the AD200 (and others flashes) that still doesn't support Pentax TTL, I see no reason to not get HSS with the AD360II, that supports the same Godox X protocol.

Regards.
10-12-2018, 03:47 PM   #15

Ok. I am trying to get this straight. My old AD360 works with a 433 MHZ receiver. I bought one 2.4 g some day and tried to use it on my AD360 and nothing happened. Hey! Now I am realizing that I used a 433MHHZ trigger to do my testing! Lol may be that was the problem to trigger the flash that time.
Yeah. If you're using a 2.4GHz receiver (XTR16), you need a 2.4GHz transmitter. Of the XT16, XT32, X1T, and XPro, however, right now, only the XPro comes in a -P flavor.

If you're using a 433MHz receiver (FTR16), then you need a 433MHz transmitter (Cells II, FT16).

QuoteQuote:
So, u are positive about both receivers can trigger my ad360? That would be so nice!!! Because then i can buy a X PRO and HSS my lighting!...
Yup! Should work that way.

BTW, weird note that doesn't really matter, but the newer Witstro AD flashes, like the AD200 and AD400, still have the USB-A slot, in case you want to add on an FTR16 and work with an older 433MHz transmitter. Most folks, however, prefer using the newer 2.4GHz system because you can get TTL and HSS with it vs. the manual-only FT16 trigger.