Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-17-2018, 03:43 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Godox TT350p with Godox for Olympus/Panasonic

I just purchased the TT350p and it seems to work just fine as an on camera flash. But I was experimenting with it with my Godox TT350o and V860iio flashes for Olympus/Panasonic. Olympus/Panasonic Godox flashes will work as master with the Godox for Pentax flash as slave in manual mode. But not vice a versa. Has anyone tried this yet? I did email Godox but while I'm waiting for a reply I was wondering if anyone here could let me know if they've tried this and if it worked. I'm hoping it does because the V860ii will then do double duty as a manual slave for my Pentax cameras.

Last edited by wstruth; 11-17-2018 at 03:57 PM.
11-18-2018, 03:11 PM   #2

My TT350-O didn't work as a TTL slave to my Xpro-C/TT685-C on my 5DMkII. When I emailed Flashpoint support about this, I was told that the TT350 is not designed to do cross-brand TTL. I could, however, get M power control and HSS using the TT350-O as a radio slave to my -C Godox gear, so you should have sync and power control at least with the -O gear using the TT350-P as slave. Using my TT350-O as master to my TT685-C, however, gave really weird bizarre results (I really only had M power control and sync, no HSS or TTL), but have no issues at all using an XPro-O as master to my TT685-C. So, results with an Xpro-P might be different than with a TT350-P.

And I believe you should have TTL with a TT350-P as master to the V860II-O as slave, if the V860II-O has been firmware updated to "speak" P-TTL (the v1.4 release only came out last month).

My TT685-C works in TTL/HSS/with remote power control from the Xpro-C on my 5DMkII, the XPro-F on my X100T, and the Xpro-O on my GX-7, after I updated the firmware to grok the -O/-F signals.
11-19-2018, 04:07 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by inkista Quote
My TT350-O didn't work as a TTL slave to my Xpro-C/TT685-C on my 5DMkII. When I emailed Flashpoint support about this, I was told that the TT350 is not designed to do cross-brand TTL. I could, however, get M power control and HSS using the TT350-O as a radio slave to my -C Godox gear, so you should have sync and power control at least with the -O gear using the TT350-P as slave. Using my TT350-O as master to my TT685-C, however, gave really weird bizarre results (I really only had M power control and sync, no HSS or TTL), but have no issues at all using an XPro-O as master to my TT685-C. So, results with an Xpro-P might be different than with a TT350-P.

And I believe you should have TTL with a TT350-P as master to the V860II-O as slave, if the V860II-O has been firmware updated to "speak" P-TTL (the v1.4 release only came out last month).

My TT685-C works in TTL/HSS/with remote power control from the Xpro-C on my 5DMkII, the XPro-F on my X100T, and the Xpro-O on my GX-7, after I updated the firmware to grok the -O/-F signals.
Thanks! Unfortunately, I get noting with the TT350o as slave in manual. I'll check out the firmware upgrade on the V860ii-o. I'm really hoping this is all a firmware issue, otherwise I'll be returning it.
11-19-2018, 02:33 PM   #4

QuoteOriginally posted by wstruth Quote
Thanks! Unfortunately, I get noting with the TT350o as slave in manual.
Damn. That's unexpected. You're sure it's in radio slave with the same channel/ID as the transmitter unit? Not in S1/S2 or on-camera mode? The TT350 can be a little confusing since one button is clearly marked "SLAVE", but that's not what you use to get to radio slave mode (you hold down SYNC, and rotate the dial until you see an S next to the radio icon). The SLAVE button is for setting optical S1/S2 modes or for setting Channel/Group with radio slave mode.

Sorry if that's too 'splainy, but slave mode confusion is the #1 issue I see on messageboards with Godox speedlights. It's worse on the TT685/V860II for Canon, Nikon, and Sony where there are seven possible triggering modes ("smart" optical slave/master, "dumb" optical S1/S2, and radio slave/master, and on-camera).

QuoteQuote:
I'll check out the firmware upgrade on the V860ii-o. I'm really hoping this is all a firmware issue, otherwise I'll be returning it.
Good luck. And yeah, the TT350 and X1R receivers are probably the wonkiest bits in the system if you're trying to go cross-brand. Most shooters don't see any issue, because all their gear is single-flavored, or they only have TT685/V860II speedlights.

Last edited by inkista; 11-19-2018 at 02:38 PM.
11-19-2018, 08:09 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by inkista Quote
Good luck. And yeah, the TT350 and X1R receivers are probably the wonkiest bits in the system if you're trying to go cross-brand. Most shooters don't see any issue, because all their gear is single-flavored, or they only have TT685/V860II speedlights.
It Worked! mostly. the V860ii-o now operates as a slave in both TTL and manual modes to TT350-p and the TT350-o works in TTL mode as a slave to the TT350-p.

I upgrade both firm wares and installed them. It was a bear though, amd I had to go through 4 RAR file extractors to get one that worked on the Godox firmware downloads. WinZip did it.

Thanks for the help. I really appreciate it.

ps I had read somewhere the the TT350's are bit wonky as well.
11-19-2018, 09:22 PM   #6

QuoteOriginally posted by wstruth Quote
It Worked!
Yay! BTW, for others: 7Zip also works with .rar files.

QuoteQuote:
... mostly.
Bummer.

QuoteQuote:
... the V860ii-o now operates as a slave in both TTL and manual modes to TT350-p and the TT350-o works in TTL mode as a slave to the TT350-p.
That's strange. I would have expected M but no TTL with the TT350-O/TT350-P combo. Huh.

What happens with a V860II-O as master and the TT350-P as slave?

Well, glad the V860IIs are doing what you want!

Last edited by inkista; 11-20-2018 at 11:35 PM.