Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
11-22-2018, 03:31 PM   #1
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Activate/Fire Godox AD600BM With Cactus V5 Triggers

I am assuming they will, but would like to ask if the Cactus V5 triggers will fire the Godox AD600BM just for regular flash output without any power or compatibility issues. I am not expecting HSS or remote power control, just the firing of the flash using the manual settings I set on the strobe itself.

Thanks ahead for any replies, and Happy Thanksgiving.

11-22-2018, 04:44 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Assuming you are going to hook a wire from the cactus receiver to the Godox, then yes I would think that works.
11-22-2018, 05:49 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Original Poster
What I mean is that when I have a V5 transceiver (set to transmit) attached to the hot shoe of my Pentax camera, and a V5 transceiver (set to receiver) attached to the trigger port of the ad600. A wireless setup using the V5 transceivers. I want to know if the triggers will fire it in a wireless set up.

The reason I am asking is that I have a set of V5 transceivers and do not have an XPro-P trsnsmitter yet, so I plan on using the V5 transceivers for now if I purchase the AD600BM.

Thank you for the reply.

Last edited by C_Jones; 11-22-2018 at 05:56 PM.
11-24-2018, 12:30 AM - 1 Like   #4
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by C_Jones Quote
What I mean is that when I have a V5 transceiver (set to transmit) attached to the hot shoe of my Pentax camera, and a V5 transceiver (set to receiver) attached to the trigger port of the ad600. A wireless setup using the V5 transceivers. I want to know if the triggers will fire it in a wireless set up.
Yes, there is no good reason why this shouldn't work.

I've used my V5 to trigger studio strobes (Jinbei) and it worked just fine.

11-24-2018, 11:31 AM - 1 Like   #5
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Class A Quote
Yes, there is no good reason why this shouldn't work.

I've used my V5 to trigger studio strobes (Jinbei) and it worked just fine.
Thank you for answering exactly what I needed to know. I had not used my V5 units on anything but my flashes, so I was curious about whether there would be any power or compatibility issues. Though I was almost positive the V5 triggers would be alright, I just thought I would ask about it to see another opinion. Like I said, your answer was what I was looking for, and I appreciate your simple, informative answer.

Have a great day!