Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-05-2018, 06:50 PM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Cactus V6ii or Xpro-P compatible with GRII/III?

I've been researching 20-28mm lenses of late, but the thought of getting a GRII or the new GRIII is also an attractive option seeing as it puts out a 28mm equivalent focal length. That way I also get an additional camera to use that can also serve different purposes etc.

What I would like to know however is if a Cactus V6ii or the Godox Xpro-P trigger will work at all in triggering flashes when stuck on a GRII or the upcoming GRIII?

Anyone know?

Cheers,

Bruce

12-05-2018, 08:03 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Those controllers should work in Manual Mode on the GRII, and with P-TTL on the GRIII.
12-05-2018, 10:53 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by clackers Quote
Those controllers should work in Manual Mode on the GRII, and with P-TTL on the GRIII.
So just to clarify Clackers, the new GRIII, I essentially get all the same functionality with using a V6ii on the GRIII as I would if I had one attached to a K-1? Av mode for example and HSS support etc?
12-06-2018, 04:07 AM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by BruceBanner Quote
So just to clarify Clackers, the new GRIII, I essentially get all the same functionality with using a V6ii on the GRIII as I would if I had one attached to a K-1? Av mode for example and HSS support etc?
Read the GR III threads and see if you agree with my interpretation.

I'm a recent GR II owner, BTW.

12-06-2018, 04:16 AM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by clackers Quote
Read the GR III threads and see if you agree with my interpretation.

I'm a recent GR II owner, BTW.
Cool, will do. How you finding the GRII thus far? Happy customer?