Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-30-2018, 02:21 PM   #1
Forum Member

Photos: Albums
Konsul Flash Duration Meter

Hello everyone. There is a new Flash meter available that measures flash duration. It is the Konsul Instruments FDM-1T. It is available here:
Konsul Instruments – Flash Duration Meter
It costs 99 Euro ($112) and ships from Germany. I tried measuring all my studio and on location flash equipment. I learned that my Norman ML400 studio flashes are terrible (about 1/450 sec t0.1) and that even my Elinchrom ELB400 Action head is only about 1/2000 sec t0.1. My speed lites are very good (below 1/32 power) and my
Baja B4 is pretty good at 50 w-s and below. So now I know which strobes to use in studio to freeze action and at what power level. Good to know! You can also see how long the flash pulses are in HSS mode and HS (Hi Sync) mode. The flash images are .bmp files so I could not upload them. Thank you.

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
duration, flash, konsul flash duration, lighting, meter, mode, photo studio, power, sec, strobist, studio