Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-17-2019, 06:03 AM   #1

Godox; XPro-P & AD600Pro in HSS & TTL

Hallo

I have seen that Godox has new Remote Trigger which Support HSS & TTL for Pentax and the new AD600Pro

Are their experience with forum members which uses this combination?

At this moment I uses HSS/TTL Flash only with my cactus V6ii & Speedlights from Metz/Pentax. In Studio I use the Einstein 640 in Manuell Mode, because PCB doesn't support HSS/TTL.

I had hope that PCB brings new Firmware/Hardware which will integrate TTL/HSS, but I think after the pass away of Mr. Buff this will not the way. The latest Firmware is more as 5 years old
Maybe I would switch in near future to Godox if the Experience ist good. I read not much about Godox & Pentax, the most reviews are with Canon/Nikon.

A second questions if their would be a way to combine the Godox XPro-P & AD600Pro with Metz & cactus v6ii and then they all support HSS?

Regards
Gérard

01-17-2019, 09:40 AM   #2
Veteran Member

I have the Godox AD360-Nikon, V860II-Nikon, V860II-Olympus, AD200, and AD400, which I use in combination with the X-Pro-P trigger. They work perfectly! Godox/Flashpoint R2 system is the best going for the money.

The system will support HSS and TTL on any of the new generation of Godox/Flashpoint hardware. In other words can control a Godox speed light originally designed for Canon, Nikon, Fuji and Olympus/Panasonic, or AD360, AD200, AD400 or AD600 with a X-Pro-P trigger. The beauty of this system is that it will allow to fire the flashes in TTL and with one push of the TCM button it will change the exposure on the flash from TTL to Manual just like Profoto at a fraction of the cost.

I was one of the original beta tester for Cactus and after firmware 1.01.06 Cactus V6Ii no longer supported stacking of triggers. Therefore, I believe the answer to your second question is no.
01-17-2019, 10:18 AM   #3

Original Poster
THX for your answer!

What was the reason cactus stopped the stacking of triggers?

I believe i have the latest version for Pentax (1.0.5 ?!?) Is a pity that you can't see the actual version of the firmware on the cactus site, you always need to connect a V6ii the the Updater Programm to see infos about the Firmware :-(

I worked about 1 year ago with a normal AD600 and a X1T-N. It doesn't work reliable with my K-1 and I had to swap to my K-3 to finish the shooting. When I look to the thread in the different forums I saw that only the K-1 and K-3ii ist listet? No older Pentax or the newest K-1ii :-(

Is the Pentax Solution complete Bugfree or more in a ßeta-status? For me it is strange that I their is so less information about Godox XPro-X and Pentax!
01-17-2019, 10:23 AM   #4
Veteran Member

I use the Godox Xpro-P with a AD400Pro and 2 AD200, so far they work as they should, with no problems, recently i bough a X1T-O for a M3/4 camera (OMD E10) and both system works with the same light (even at the same time, not that i need to use of that feature but i tried and it work)

Regardless Cactus, i never use the triggers, i used the Youngnuo YN560III with a YN560TN (work in normal Sync) i think in bought the Cactus V6II and use with the YN560 but few days after i was serching the cactus, the XPRO-P was announced and i wait and im happy with the outcome,the cost of the triggers while still low tha the AD400, the power and less pieces in game was more attractive idea

01-17-2019, 11:25 AM   #5
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I use the AD600BM, Yongnuo YN 585EX, and Pentax 360 units with my Cactus V5 units for simple Manual operation. I could use them via the optical slave method to enable HSS, but so far I have not been utilizing it yet. If I purchase the XProP trigger unit I would be able to have that control using the AD600BM and other Godox lighting if I decide to purchase it. I have not had experience with trigger stacking, but am satisfied with the setup I have and with the AD600BM since I shoot in Manual mode with the light. The AD600BM is a really nice light. I have never had a problem with it.

Good luck with your setup.

Last edited by C_Jones; 01-17-2019 at 06:46 PM.
01-17-2019, 02:23 PM   #6

QuoteOriginally posted by Gerard_Dirks Quote
Hallo

I have seen that Godox has new Remote Trigger which Support HSS & TTL for Pentax and the new AD600Pro

Are their experience with forum members which uses this combination?
I'm not a Pentax shooter, but feel I should point out this review that specifically mentions using an XPro-P with an AD600 Pro:

The Godox XPro-P flash trigger is a "game changer" for Pentax photographers - DIY Photography

The non-Pro versions of the AD600 (AD600, AD600M) both have had firmware updates released that allow them to be also be used with the XPro-P trigger with proper TTL/HSS function and power control when available (the AD600M only does HSS/power control, not TTL).

QuoteQuote:
... Maybe I would switch in near future to Godox if the Experience ist good. I read not much about Godox & Pentax, the most reviews are with Canon/Nikon...
Godox support for P-TTL is being added at the current time and is not yet complete, and the XPro-P was only released in the fall, so it's early days yet to see many reports on Pentax and Godox. At this time, several pieces are still missing from the system for Pentax users. The only TTL speedlight available is the TT350-P mini-speedlight. The TT350-P's Li-on counterpart (V350) and the TTL full-sized speedlights (TT685 and V860II) have not yet been released in versions with a Pentax foot. There is no add-on receiver (X1R) unit for Pentax, yet (so you cannot use P-TTL legacy speedlights). There is no Pentax version of the X1T transmitter with a passthrough hotshoe. And the firmware updates for the TT685 and AD360II to perform P-TTL/HSS have not yet been released.

QuoteQuote:
... a way to combine the Godox XPro-P & AD600Pro with Metz & cactus v6ii and then they all support HSS?
Trigger stacking would be the only way, but if Cactus currently isn't allowing for that, then probably not.

And, as I said, at this time, you can't yet replace a Metz speedlight with a TT685-P or V860II-P if you want a TTL/HSS on and off-camera speedlight. If, however, you only need HSS with an off-camera speedlight, the US$65 Godox TT600 can currently do HSS and remote power control over radio with an XPro-P. And the non-P versions of the V860II (US$180) can be firmware updated to be P-TTL/HSS/remote power slaves to an XPro-P. But they won't be TTL/HSS on-camera.
01-17-2019, 11:52 PM   #7
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by fwbigd Quote
I was one of the original beta tester for Cactus and after firmware 1.01.06 Cactus V6Ii no longer supported stacking of triggers.
Trigger stacking was never officially supported.

That said, it still works with specific equipment combinations and settings. For instance, even a Godox XPro-C works with a Cactus V6II (firmware version 1.1.013.).

Personally, I wouldn't recommend trigger stacking and with the arrival of the XPro-P there is typically precious little need to continue using it, but if someone desperately wants to incorporate equipment that relies on V6II-support, it should still be possible. I'll do some testing myself in the future but as far as I can see, others already have done the job.

QuoteOriginally posted by inkista Quote
Trigger stacking would be the only way, ...
It may also be possible to use trigger daisy-chaining, i.e., connect a Godox X1R receiver with a Cactus V6II transmitter via a sync-cable. However, the involved speedlights would have to support a manual HSS mode and and the Cactus RF60X's manual HSS mode may be the only one that will work in this context. Theoretically, one could also do the daisy-chaining the other way round, and at least some Godox lights support manual HSS with some triggers, but my feeling is that it is all a bit too messy and a single system approach is to be preferred.

Last edited by Class A; 01-18-2019 at 05:53 AM.