Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-19-2019, 04:47 AM - 1 Like   #1
Pentaxian

Elinchrom Transmitter PRO for Pentax

The list of manufacturers supporting Pentax just received yet another member with Elinchrom, through their Transmitter PRO Pentax.

The trigger supports TTL for the ELB 550 TTL, "Hi-Sync", and HSS.
There is also a full complete compatibility list.

Price: $249 USD / €249 EUR / £229 GBP.

Last edited by Class A; 02-19-2019 at 05:04 PM.
02-19-2019, 11:32 AM - 1 Like   #2
Veteran Member

I must say that Godox (at their "AD" Line) is pretty much in the limit of my "i can strecht out and purchase" budget... Elinchrom is just way too much rich for my wallet (as im an enthusiast, not a payed pro)... but...

Im glad to know that a Big name is in for Pentax (very, very late, but nevertless in), maybe those guys can use their equipment with an affordable 645z
02-19-2019, 03:08 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Wish it gave me hss for my elc500's...
02-19-2019, 07:34 PM   #4
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Class A Quote
The list of manufacturers supporting Pentax just received yet another member with Elinchrom, through their Transmitter PRO Pentax.

The trigger supports TTL for the ELB 550 TTL, "Hi-Sync", and HSS.
There is also a full complete compatibility list.

Price: $249 USD / €249 EUR / £229 GBP.
Great!

Is Cactus looking out of step?

02-19-2019, 08:26 PM   #5
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Paul the Sunman Quote
Is Cactus looking out of step?
Unfortunately, I'd say that is the case when it comes to strobes.

They tried with the RQ250 but failed to receive sufficient support on Kickstarter. The number of backers were quite close to allowing the minimum funding goal to be reached, but unfortunately no cigar.

Elinchrome doesn't do speedlights which can be handy and Elinchrom prices are not for the faint of heart. Phottix doesn't offer a lot of selection, etc., so I wouldn't say that every other brand has an advantage over Cactus, but when it comes to going beyond speedlights, there is nothing from Cactus themselves and only a couple of not so interesting Cactus-compatible strobes (Hensel Certo and Aurora Dante 400).