Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-25-2019, 01:49 PM - 2 Likes   #61
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Hello!

I check availability of the godox V1 from time to time. Today I have seen a new firmware release for the V1P on the godox site, so it seems that the V1P have been finally developed. I have seen that a local distributor in Spain is selling the V1P, not a pre-release but the real thing, delivering in 4 days. On Amazon, it seems that it will be released on July 30th.

About the X2T-P I have seen that 'fomito shop' and Amazon are selling units yet.

So it seems good news for pentaxians looking for any of those items.

Regards.

08-24-2019, 06:06 PM - 1 Like   #62

New V1 P in hand

I just got one yesterday. Impressive build. I haven't been able to give it a thorough work out yet, but zero complaints so far. TTL seems perfect. Manual mode adjustment in 0.1 stop increments, which I like. New locking collar is great. It will work in HSS with my 645Z up to 1/4000, which is extremely pleasing. It has a USB C charger, so the adapter is really kind of a cap on the end of the battery and very compact. So far, I am quite pleased with this unit. -BRK
08-24-2019, 06:25 PM   #63
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by BRK68 Quote
I just got one yesterday. Impressive build. I haven't been able to give it a thorough work out yet, but zero complaints so far. TTL seems perfect. Manual mode adjustment in 0.1 stop increments, which I like. New locking collar is great. It will work in HSS with my 645Z up to 1/4000, which is extremely pleasing. It has a USB C charger, so the adapter is really kind of a cap on the end of the battery and very compact. So far, I am quite pleased with this unit. -BRK
I had one on order from Adorama, but after reading a few reviews and seeing the specs I did change my mind and cancelled it. I don't think I'd see an real benefit from it with a couple of Pentax flashes and a two-pack AD200 already. Trying to kick the habit.
08-25-2019, 09:54 PM   #64
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Mine should be here tomorrow. I need a new P-TTL/HSS flash that is compatible with the Godox trigger. Pretty short list for those traits but fortunately it's also affordable. I have to give it a try!

08-29-2019, 09:45 AM - 2 Likes   #65
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I've got it now. Seems nice enough. The jury is still out on the benefit of a round head. I just needed a P-TTL/HSS capable camera-mounted flash that I could also use off camera with the Godox X system trigger and it fits the bill.
One thing I didn't consider is all the speedlight modifiers I have that all fit rectangular heads. I'll need some new accessories for the round head which conveniently has magnets built in for them. I got the dome and bounce card already.
My GF Lightsphere will fit but it's a very tight squeeze.
09-08-2019, 12:07 AM   #66

I observe on eBay, that the V1 for pentax is now available.
On Adorama, the Flashpoint R2 pro mark II is now in "BACK ORDER" ... some times ago, it was still "COMING SOON"
The Mark I version is also for sale at 49 USD in place of 69 USD ...
I suppose they want to sold their old stock of Mark I before saying officially that the Mark II will be shipped soon.

---------- Post added 09-08-19 at 12:08 AM ----------

I've ordered the Mark II today ... I will see how much time it will need before I receive it.
10-02-2019, 07:41 AM   #67

Any reviews of the V1 with Pentax gears ?

10-02-2019, 11:29 AM   #68
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by ben.p Quote
Any reviews of the V1 with Pentax gears ?
We'll have to wait until a brave forum member buys one
10-02-2019, 01:06 PM - 3 Likes   #69
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by morenjavi Quote
We'll have to wait until a brave forum member buys one

No review yet but I have one. It's good! The battery and built-in radio receiver are probably my favorite features. The magnetic accessories are nice too. Plenty of power. No complaints and I don't miss fiddling with triggers/receivers!
10-02-2019, 02:11 PM   #70
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by mattb123 Quote
No review yet but I have one. It's good! The battery and built-in radio receiver are probably my favorite features. The magnetic accessories are nice too. Plenty of power. No complaints and I don't miss fiddling with triggers/receivers!
Thanks a lot for your inputs. Do you control other flashes with your V1 ? If so ...
Is it easy to control, enable/disable groups from the V1 ?
Do you have other old Godox flashes with XT16 receivers ? Can you control it from the V1 without issue ?

Thanks!
10-02-2019, 02:58 PM   #71
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Thanks a lot for your inputs. Do you control other flashes with your V1 ? If so ...
Do you have other old Godox flashes with XT16 receivers ? Can you control it from the V1 without issue ?

Thanks!
I have not tried that. I have the V1, X-Pro trigger, and a AD200 Pro.
I have not tried making the V1 the controller but it all works well together being controlled by the X-Pro.
I'll report back once I've tried that feature out.
10-02-2019, 03:54 PM   #72
Loyal Site Supporter

Thanks!
Matt will no doubt test it but I would assume it's identical to the R2-integration in the Godox V350 flash (Flashpoint Zoom-Mini TTL) which has worked perfectly. I use that as the trigger for one of my cameras while the other has a traditional Godox (Adorama) R2 trigger. Using both at once allows either camera to control my AD200's. As an example I'll sometimes have a *55 or FA77 on one
camera and the 50-135 on the other. A lot faster than lens changes and a lot less dust intrusion. Just be sure to use the correct "multi" setting on the R2. It won't work otherwise.

One thing to note is using both the V350, and I will assume the V1, at the same time as the R2 will drain the trigger's battery much quicker than normal. Sync signals get sent every time the AD200's are fired which isn't normally the case. Carry an extra set of batteries if you chose to do that.

Last edited by gatorguy; 10-02-2019 at 04:44 PM.
10-06-2019, 06:28 PM   #73

That is a impressive flash. Thanks the information.
10-21-2019, 03:20 PM   #74
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Hello,

Sorry if this has been posted before. It seems that there is a new version of the Godox S-type bracket, that fits not V1, AD200, AD400, 2xTT350... seems that every Godox speedlight or flash that ever existed.

More info here

Last edited by morenjavi; 10-21-2019 at 04:04 PM.
10-21-2019, 03:51 PM   #75
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Hello,

Sorry if this has been posted before. It seems that there is a new version of the Godox S-type bracket, that fits not V1, AD200, AD400, 2xTT350... seems that every Godox speedlight or flash that ever existed.

More info here here
Yeah I need one of those but they don't ship until the end of the month!
The old ones will not accommodate the girth of the round head.