Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-03-2019, 08:16 PM - 1 Like   #1

Godox XT2-P transmitter (aka Flashpoint R2 Mark II)

Now you've got an option if you needed a transmitter with a hotshoe, a (slightly) lower cost option to the Xpro-P/Flashpoint R2 Pro II-P, or were jonesing for bluetooth app control of your Godox lights. Adorama's got a pre-release listing for the Pentax version .

Guessing from the rewards points, it'll be $59. Looks to be a very nice upgrade from the X1T transmitter, in that you now have C.Fn menus similar to the XPros, there's a slide lock instead of the screwlock, they've added group buttons, a cleaner layout, and they may have slid the foot forward a bit so you aren't in as much danger of bashing buttons with your forehead. And it includes the Bluetooth/smart app control capability that's in the Flashpoint R2 Pro II (Adorama exclusive).

DIY photography had a glimpse of the Canon version at WPPI:

Godox is showing off a new X2T trigger with easy group control and built-in Bluetooth at WPPI - DIY Photography

So, I think it's very unlikely there will be an X1T-P release, now. No idea on the release date, though.

04-04-2019, 04:06 AM   #2

Photos: Gallery
Thanks for the info, I'm waiting for the V1P, but what I would like was a X1R-P to recycle my old Metz.
04-04-2019, 12:36 PM   #3

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by danielblues Quote
... but what I would like was a X1R-P to recycle my old Metz.
Tell me about it. No X1R-O or X1R-F exists, either. The X1R-S took something like two years to appear from the time the X1T-S did. Great way to sell you Godox speedlights [eyeroll].

I tend to tell folks that Cactus V6II are better if you plan to use legacy flashes; Godox is more if you're happy to make a clean sweep.

I'm still wondering if/when there will be a TT685-P or V860II-P. But, I guess their starting with most expensive model first makes sense if they want to wring as much cash out of your pocket as possible.
04-04-2019, 01:45 PM   #4

Original Poster
Robert Hall's got a video on the X2T. Looks like it might be a good alternative for non-US Godox users who want some of the Flashpoint R2 Pro II features (SCAN, Bluetooth), but can't purchase from Adorama.

It does look like they've crammed in all the XPro/R2 Pro II improvements they can. This definitely is a nicer option than the X1T.