Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-03-2019, 08:16 PM - 1 Like   #1

Godox XT2-P transmitter (aka Flashpoint R2 Mark II)

Now you've got an option if you needed a transmitter with a hotshoe, a (slightly) lower cost option to the Xpro-P/Flashpoint R2 Pro II-P, or were jonesing for bluetooth app control of your Godox lights. Adorama's got a pre-release listing for the Pentax version .

Guessing from the rewards points, it'll be $59. Looks to be a very nice upgrade from the X1T transmitter, in that you now have C.Fn menus similar to the XPros, there's a slide lock instead of the screwlock, they've added group buttons, a cleaner layout, and they may have slid the foot forward a bit so you aren't in as much danger of bashing buttons with your forehead. And it includes the Bluetooth/smart app control capability that's in the Flashpoint R2 Pro II (Adorama exclusive).

DIY photography had a glimpse of the Canon version at WPPI:

Godox is showing off a new X2T trigger with easy group control and built-in Bluetooth at WPPI - DIY Photography

So, I think it's very unlikely there will be an X1T-P release, now. No idea on the release date, though.

04-04-2019, 04:06 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Thanks for the info, I'm waiting for the V1P, but what I would like was a X1R-P to recycle my old Metz.
04-04-2019, 12:36 PM   #3

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by danielblues Quote
... but what I would like was a X1R-P to recycle my old Metz.
Tell me about it. No X1R-O or X1R-F exists, either. The X1R-S took something like two years to appear from the time the X1T-S did. Great way to sell you Godox speedlights [eyeroll].

I tend to tell folks that Cactus V6II are better if you plan to use legacy flashes; Godox is more if you're happy to make a clean sweep.

I'm still wondering if/when there will be a TT685-P or V860II-P. But, I guess their starting with most expensive model first makes sense if they want to wring as much cash out of your pocket as possible.
04-04-2019, 01:45 PM   #4

Original Poster
Robert Hall's got a video on the X2T. Looks like it might be a good alternative for non-US Godox users who want some of the Flashpoint R2 Pro II features (SCAN, Bluetooth), but can't purchase from Adorama.

It does look like they've crammed in all the XPro/R2 Pro II improvements they can. This definitely is a nicer option than the X1T.

09-12-2019, 12:54 AM   #5

For the ones who still believes that the Pentax version would never appears, I have observed today that the X2T-P (version for pentax) is now available on amazon or eBay ...
09-14-2019, 07:23 AM - 1 Like   #6
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by BSULMON Quote
For the ones who still believes that the Pentax version would never appears, I have observed today that the X2T-P (version for pentax) is now available on amazon or eBay ...
A number of people on this forum (including me) have ordered it already. Mine should be arriving in about a week.
09-16-2019, 05:25 PM - 1 Like   #7
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
I already got mine and have been playing around with it. I posted this on the X2T thread as well...

This trigger is a game changer!!!!!!
Tests I've done so far, Trigger and TT350P on various channels/groups, no glitches. I haven't tried TTL wirelessly yet but manually it's perfect.
I've also downloaded the Godox Android App which allows you to control the flash from your Smartphone and it works flawlessly!
The one thing I was shocked about is that you can actually take a picture using your phone (no camera, just the phone) and it will also fire the flash according to whatever power level you've set in the app.
Someone had asked me if you can use the Trigger as a Shutter release while simultaneously firing the flash so I tested that... IT WORKS!!! WIrelessly firing the TT350p while using the XT2 as a remote shutter release (with a cable of course) is a big deal to some. It allows you to have the camera at angles or locations that are too difficult without a remote AND you can still fire the flash from the trigger.
This is a very well thought out trigger and it opens up another world of what's possible. I'm really glad I grabbed this. As when I had the Shanny Flash and Cactus Transceivers, I'll be doing some videos about the XT2 as well.
Godox just got themselves another customer (as long as they keep up the innovative solutions and are reliable)!
09-17-2019, 02:59 AM   #8
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Kobie Quote
This trigger is a game changer!!!!!!
It doesn't do anything substantially different compared to the XPro or the much older X1T (except adding Bluetooth, like the Flashpoint R2 MarkII).

I agree that triggers like the X2T are very useful but they've been around for a while.

I'm not trying to dampen your excitement, just pointing out that I don't quite follow were the revolutionary part is.

The one thing I was shocked about is that you can actually take a picture using your phone (no camera, just the phone) and it will also fire the flash according to whatever power level you've set in the app.
That only works with some phones, though.

I understand the list of supported phones on Android is:

HUAWEI Mate9 Pro
HUAWEI mate9
HUAWEI p10
HUAWEI p10plus
SAMSUNG S8
SAMSUNG S8+
SAMSUNG Note 8
SAMSUNG s9
SAMSUNG s9+

09-17-2019, 12:47 PM   #9
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Class A Quote
It doesn't do anything substantially different compared to the XPro or the much older X1T (except adding Bluetooth, like the Flashpoint R2 MarkII).

I agree that triggers like the X2T are very useful but they've been around for a while.

I'm not trying to dampen your excitement, just pointing out that I don't quite follow were the revolutionary part is.

That only works with some phones, though.

I understand the list of supported phones on Android is:

HUAWEI Mate9 Pro
HUAWEI mate9
HUAWEI p10
HUAWEI p10plus
SAMSUNG S8
SAMSUNG S8+
SAMSUNG Note 8
SAMSUNG s9
SAMSUNG s9+
I have HUAWEI a P20 Pro and it works fine.

I say it's a game changer regarding the ability to actually fire the flash while using your phone as the camera. For those who do mobile phone photography, this is a huge deal (It was a general statement, not Pentax Specific)..
Also, The Xpro-P and/or X1T can remotely fire the shutter while simultaneously firing the flash? I'm genuinely asking because I haven't found anything online that states they can.
09-19-2019, 01:13 AM   #10
Pentaxian

I say it's a game changer regarding the ability to actually fire the flash while using your phone as the camera.
The Godox A1 has been supporting that for a while.

Also, The Xpro-P and/or X1T can remotely fire the shutter while simultaneously firing the flash?
Depends how many triggers/receivers you are prepared to use. Surely you can use two XPro triggers and one receiver to accomplish that.

The Cactus V6II does the trick with just two units. You'll need at least two units with any brand for proper synchronisation between camera and flash. While it is possible to configure a delay on the flashes to compensate for the camera's shutter lag, this method won't be 100% reliable.

Not entirely sure, though, whether we are talking at cross purposes.

P.S.: I have a Huawei P9 and the camera part of the Godox part does not work with it. I don't really care, though.
09-19-2019, 02:49 PM   #11
Pentaxian

The Godox A1 has been supporting that for a while.
Big difference between an A1 and say, an AD200.
Just the ability to use a proper strobe or flash on a smartphone does change things regarding lighting no matter what camera you're using.
Don't get me wrong, I know this feature isn't for everybody, but the fact that Godox (for now) has both embraced Pentax and has developed this capability is fantastic and innovative.
I can't wait to see what they come up with next.

---------- Post added 09-19-19 at 05:52 PM ----------

Depends how many triggers/receivers you are prepared to use. Surely you can use two XPro triggers and one receiver to accomplish that.

The Cactus V6II does the trick with just two units. You'll need at least two units with any brand for proper synchronisation between camera and flash. While it is possible to configure a delay on the flashes to compensate for the camera's shutter lag, this method won't be 100% reliable.

Not entirely sure, though, whether we are talking at cross purposes.
The way Godox went about it since their X protocol flashes and strobes work with the trigger. You don't need any extra triggers. The one X2T can be used simultaneously as both a remote shutter release (with cable) and a trigger with all channels and groups of flashes and full control of all settings (obviously not TTL though).
09-19-2019, 06:57 PM   #12
Pentaxian

Big difference between an A1 and say, an AD200.
You can fire all X2 protocol flashes via the A1, including the AD200.

The one X2T can be used simultaneously as both a remote shutter release (with cable) and a trigger with all channels and groups of flashes and full control of all settings (obviously not TTL though).
A Cactus V6II in "relay" mode does the same (including TTL).

Or are you are still talking about phone photography?
09-19-2019, 08:00 PM   #13
Pentaxian

You can fire all X2 protocol flashes via the A1, including the AD200.

The A1 just looks like a small flash ad-on, I didn't look too much into it (obviously).

A Cactus V6II in "relay" mode does the same (including TTL).

Or are you are still talking about phone photography?
No no, not phone, I never used relay mode, I got tired of menu diving on those things lol.