Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
05-27-2019, 03:58 PM   #1

Looking for twin macro light bracket

Hi,,,I want to try macro with my new k70.I have a new Pentax 100mm macro. I have a ring light setup.I have a set of auto close-up tubes.
What I would like is a twin light bracket,such as I have seen Canon users use. I have looked everywhere! Can someone give advice as to where to find one for purchase,or offer advice about the gear I already have?
Thank you
Annie

05-27-2019, 04:18 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Pen-Pen70 Quote
Hi,,,I want to try macro with my new k70.I have a new Pentax 100mm macro. I have a ring light setup.I have a set of auto close-up tubes.
What I would like is a twin light bracket,such as I have seen Canon users use. I have looked everywhere! Can someone give advice as to where to find one for purchase,or offer advice about the gear I already have?
Thank you
Annie
Pretty sure it was Ebay. They were 2 round pods with LED's on flexible shafts that merged into one correct?

EDIT: Yeah, lots of 'em cheap on Ebay. Put "twin led for camera macro" in the search box.
05-27-2019, 07:55 PM   #3

Original Poster
Thank you,everyone!!

I saw those.Wasn't sure of their durability.Thank you for your answers.
annie
05-27-2019, 09:32 PM   #4

This thread may give you some ideas.

My universal Macro Flash - PentaxForums.com

05-28-2019, 04:12 AM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Manfroto offers a two light bracket (model 330)
Dot Line offers one with goose-neck style arms (model DL 0550)

These are designed to hold small strobes.

A couple manufacturers offer single hot-shoe mounted power units with two flexible arms that have either continuous LED or strobe lighting at the end.
05-28-2019, 04:30 AM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Pen-Pen70 Quote
I saw those.Wasn't sure of their durability.Thank you for your answers.
annie
Macro might be 10% of my shooting so durability wouldn't be a huge factor. Whether a particular unit offers appropriate lighting, fit for purpose, yes so read reviews or better yet ask a few of those folks you see using them. I doubt for the most part they're spending much on them altho there's always those few.... LOL

Considering to cost to replace one if it fails at some point in the future I personally wouldn't worry about that.
05-28-2019, 01:15 PM - 1 Like   #7
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by WPRESTO Quote
A couple manufacturers offer single hot-shoe mounted power units with two flexible arms that have either continuous LED or strobe lighting at the end.
I bought a Kuangren K-X 800 macro flash (single hot-shoe mounted power units with two flexible arms), it is full manual but extremely versatile. Now this is the only flash setup I use in proxi & macro. The continuous LED light improves manual focusing, then the two-heads flash is adjustable by 1EV step for each head.

05-30-2019, 08:57 PM   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by tryphon4 Quote
I bought a Kuangren K-X 800 macro flash
Both B&H and Adorama have a sale on this flash. It appears this is to make way for an updated model. A quick look at the Laowa website seems to indicate a newer model with a LCD display. I posted a thread in price watch for anyone interested in the flash.
05-31-2019, 02:01 AM   #9
Pentaxian

There is actually a LCD display on my KX-800, as you can see abobe:

I see no evidence of a new model, in fact I suppose that the first KX-800 (years ago) did not own this LCD display.

Last edited by tryphon4; 05-31-2019 at 02:16 AM.
05-31-2019, 03:16 AM   #10
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by rgknief60 Quote
Both B&H and Adorama have a sale on this flash. It appears this is to make way for an updated model. A quick look at the Laowa website seems to indicate a newer model with a LCD display. I posted a thread in price watch for anyone interested in the flash.
I think that's rebadged as a Venus now isn't it? Anyway here are the links, with the Bolt's being the lower cost ones.
Macro & Ringlights | B&H Photo Video
06-01-2019, 11:28 PM   #11
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I bought a Kuangren K-X 800 macro flash
There is actually a LCD display on my KX-800, as you can see abobe:
QuoteOriginally posted by rgknief60 Quote
It appears this is to make way for an updated model. A quick look at the Laowa website seems to indicate a newer model with a LCD display.
An update. I purchased the flash at the sale price from B&H, and was pleased to receive the updated model with LCD display. So they are not liquidating an older model. The product page just has the picture of the older model.