Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
4 Days Ago   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Cactus specific help rx60 flash and v6 triggers

I just purchased a used rx60 cactus flash from adorama which was in E+ condition. It looks brand new. I have 2 cactus v6 triggers I have been using for years with my nikon sb800 and pentax k3. The nikon flash and v6 work perfectly. I bought the rf60 to have another flash and not need to buy an additional trigger.

the cactus flash works on camera on the pentax, it also works if I stick it on a v6 trigger and trigger it with the 2nd trigger, but I canít get the v6 trigger to make the flash itself work at all.

I did a factory reset on flash, updated all firmware for both, triple checked the group and channels, tried different channels, made sure flash was in S mode, etc, but it seems like the built in transceiver doesnít work? How can I check if that is defective? Or am I missing something really simple?

4 Days Ago   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
I can't delete this thread and I feel dumb. LOL I was missing something simple: My firmware didn't match the flash.
It works now, 2.1.001 firmware on v6 needs the 2.04 on the flash. I had V61.A.003 on the trigger. I feel stupid but I will post for other people to check in case they have the same issue.