Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 4 Likes Search this Thread
07-16-2019, 10:09 AM   #16
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by morenjavi Quote
If it works, then you could use the same flash shoe adapter shown in this thread, when using the XProP in M mode,...
He'd lose the ability to use shutter speeds faster than the sync-speed, though.

Good to know that there is no fundamental incompatibility between the K-5 and the XPro-P.

I agree that cross-checking with other hardware would be the best troubleshooting strategy.

07-17-2019, 12:23 PM   #17
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Class A Quote
He'd lose the ability to use shutter speeds faster than the sync-speed, though.
Agree. Then, maybe the best option is to use the V6II for M mode. With the right firmware and configuration, he could get HSS if needed.
08-09-2019, 02:04 PM   #18

Original Poster
hi @morenjavi and @Class A.

Apologies for the late response, thanks again for your input and thoughts, very much appreciated.

I used the Cactus V6ii set up again on the weekend and worked fine, but still not ideal. I'll try the sync cable and isolate the pins suggestions.

As you have mentioned, I don't think there is a compatibility issue, perhaps something with my K5. Would be nice to be able to isolate the issue, just to know what it is
08-27-2019, 03:08 PM   #19
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by markl62 Quote
hi @morenjavi and @Class A.

Apologies for the late response, thanks again for your input and thoughts, very much appreciated.

I used the Cactus V6ii set up again on the weekend and worked fine, but still not ideal. I'll try the sync cable and isolate the pins suggestions.

As you have mentioned, I don't think there is a compatibility issue, perhaps something with my K5. Would be nice to be able to isolate the issue, just to know what it is
You've checked the Godox site for firmware updates? I noticed an update for the TT350p. There might be one for yours as well.

08-30-2019, 05:22 PM   #20

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Kobie Quote
You've checked the Godox site for firmware updates? I noticed an update for the TT350p. There might be one for yours as well.
Firmware is up to date.