Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-25-2019, 10:51 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Elinchrom EL-Skyport Transmitter Pro for Pentax

Does anyone have this and use it with the ELB 400/500 system? The major online retailers (Adorama/B&H) have them out of stock. Just curious to hear if anyone has any experience good or bad.

06-25-2019, 02:50 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
I look forward to hear from anyone who has this
06-26-2019, 03:55 AM   #3

I have one and use it with the ELB400, two HS heads on the K-1.
Haven't done any serious shoots with it since I used the AC head with the normal trigger recently.

Tried it at home and is a very nice piece of gear, but bigger than the transmitter plus of course.
I tried times between 1/200 and 1/8000 with a standard reflector on a white wall and didn't encounter any problems.
Changing power levels via controller is easy.
Switching groups etc very easy as well.
But you can not change every setting from the ELB400 that you can change vie the menu on the ELB itself (like trigger delay or ready sound etc.). But thats OK with me.

What do you want to know?

Rgds,
Gerd.
06-26-2019, 07:06 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Not much else Gerd. Just wanted to hear ANY user experience with the Skyport Pro. It's good to know that Pentax and Elinchrom HS/HSS plays nice together. It seems almost silly to consider Elinchrom given how much bang for buck you can get in a Godox/Flashpoint system. They are also making useful upgrades all the time it seems. That being said, I still like the idea of a pack & head system like the ELBs and I've owned old Elinchrom monolights for nearly 10 years and they have never let me down.

07-17-2019, 07:26 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Couldn't pass up on an ELB 500 deal so I scooped up an Elinchrom EL-Skyport Transmitter Pro. Everything works exactly as advertised and I'm impressed with the build quality of the ELB unit. Really the price is the worst part about it but I feel good with my purchase and it should last a very long time.
08-16-2019, 04:51 AM   #6

Nice! Have with the new tool!