Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-10-2019, 09:40 PM   #1
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Flashpoint R2 Trigger (Pentax) Work with Flashpoint R2 Flash (Nikon)?

Hey everyone.

I have a quick question. I have a few Flashpoint R2 flashes for my Nikon cameras and I am wondering if I can use them with my K1.

If I buy a Flashpoint R2 trigger (Pentax), will it work with my Nikon Flashpoint R2 flashes?

I really don't want to buy any Pentax R2 flashes since I have enough of the Nikon R2 flashes and rarely mount them to the camera, so a trigger would do me just fine.

Thanks for the help.

09-11-2019, 03:10 AM   #2
Forum Member

you need something like an adapter - "Hot Shoe Converter" (but maybe I'm wrong?)

here is different, but the meaning is clear amazon.com : Pixel TF-334 Flash Hot Shoe Adapter for Converting Sony Mi to Canon/Nikon Flash with PC Port : Electronics?tag=pentaxforums-20&

You can try to do it yourself (at your own peril and risk) - but only using the cable (remote zone with cable), take the Nikon remote zone and the Pentax remote zone, cut the cables on both cables in the middle and connect As a result, connect the cables to each other , the result will be pentax-nikon. May be so? but it’s better to use a ready-made adapter

Last edited by Martin Stu; 09-11-2019 at 04:08 AM.
09-11-2019, 05:18 AM   #3
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery
I've got r2 flash & trigger for Nikon; works great with my K5II -- manual only, no TTL or HSS. I recently got R2 Pro for Pentax, so now I can do HSS with the R2 flash. No adapter needed.
09-11-2019, 07:37 AM   #4
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Colorado CJ Quote
If I buy a Flashpoint R2 trigger (Pentax), will it work with my Nikon Flashpoint R2 flashes?
Yes, if you are talking about remote controlling the R2 flashes with the R2 trigger via radio.

The radio interface of all Godox flashes is (probably largely) brand-independent. All you need is a brand-specific trigger. EDIT: You may also need a firmware for your flash models that support Pentax TTL. That's if you want to use TTL or HSS. If you just want to trigger up to the sync-speed and are happy with manual power control, you can even use the new Flashpoint R2 Single Pin Transceiver.

Adapters are not needed and wouldn't make a Nikon-dedicated flash work on a Pentax camera anyhow.

Which R2 flash models do you own?

09-11-2019, 07:39 AM   #5
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Thanks everyone!

That will save me A LOT of money and I can finally start using my K1 for portraits.
09-12-2019, 04:58 AM   #6
Pentaxian

I have Godox/Flashpoints for my Panasonic and Pentax cameras. I had to update the firmwares on them so they would work together. So you may have to do this too
2 Days Ago   #7

QuoteOriginally posted by Colorado CJ Quote
... I have a few Flashpoint R2 flashes for my Nikon cameras and I am wondering if I can use them with my K1.
Depends on which lights they are.

At this time, the Godox AD360II (Streaklight) does not do TTL/HSS with the R2 system. And the TT350-N/V350-N (Zoom mini/li-on mini), and TT685-N (Zoom TTL) cannot be firmware updated to be P-TTL compatible radio slaves (but you'll likely have sync, remote M power control, and HSS). The V860II-N (Zoom Li-on TTL), AD200 (eVOLV), AD600 (XPLOR 600), and AD600 Pro (XPLOR 600 Pro) can all be firmware updated to be P-TTL compatible as radio slaves. The AD400 Pro (XPLOR 400 Pro) and AD200 Pro (eVOLV Pro) come that way, out of the box.

The V860II-N needs to be at the current firmware version (v1.8) to be P-TTL compatible. And, of course, you'll need a -P transmitter (Xpro-P/R2 Pro or X2T-P/R2-T II) for the K1. The currently loaded firmware version is displayed when you go into the C.Fn menu.

Last edited by inkista; 2 Days Ago at 07:29 PM.