Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-26-2008, 12:04 PM   #1

Photos: Gallery
Wireless flashes

So I am thinking of picking up some flashwaves from g9chon in the near future for wireless flash functionality and the only other thing I need to settle on is what kind of flash units I will buy. I am only looking for two more at the moment as I already have the 360FGZ. Are the Vivitar 285HV's the best inexpensive option? Or is there another popular alternative that perhaps also includes a swivel head and 1/8th manual power output?

10-27-2008, 04:39 AM   #2
Veteran Member

This is only my opinion but, I've read where the HV has given people problems.
If you're NOT going to have the flash wired then go for the 285 Zoom.

On the other hand Vivitar made some excellent swivels in the past and some are still out there - I'm thinking perhaps the 2800.

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
flash, lighting, photo studio, strobist