Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-18-2020, 07:26 PM   #1

Connecting speedlite to film cameras.

Staff note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means Pentax Forums may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. If you would like to support the forum directly, you may also make a donation here.

Dear all.
I have a Miranda 700CD speedlite, inherited along with a Pentax P30. I also own a pentax k1000. I would like to be able to fire my flash off camera. What is the cheap and easy solution here?
My thought would be a hot-shoe to hot-shoe cable, but I see that all those available are brand specific. I don't want to a) waste money on one that doesn't work, b) fry my camera/flash/both with something incompatable.
I know that a lot of the compatibility will be for running TTL metering on DSLRs, but thought it would be safer to ask.
First post so forgive me if this is a re-do but I couldn't find it in a quick search.
Furthermore I also have a Canon EX600RTII and trigger (ST-E3-RT) from my digital set-up and if there is a way to use that gear with my 35mm pentax SLRs then that would be great too. Obviously it could be used as a slave, but is there a way to do more?

03-18-2020, 08:54 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I would consider the Cactus system a good go-to for off-camera work. See HOME | CACTUS

I use the V6II transceiver with a Cactus RF60X flash but with two V6II transceivers your Miranda 700CD speedlight should work. There are other cheaper systems too.
03-19-2020, 08:30 AM   #3
Pentaxian

I've seen generic, old-school hot-shoe voltage adapters in the camera stores. One with a cable is probably your cheapest route. But if it's within your budget I also recommend getting a Cactus type system.
03-19-2020, 07:39 PM   #4
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by hugopeckham Quote
I have a Miranda 700CD speedlite, inherited along with a Pentax P30. I also own a pentax k1000. I would like to be able to fire my flash off camera. What is the cheap and easy solution here?
something like this would be rather inexpensive .... an example as many varieties are available PT-16 Wireless Flash Trigger for Canon 1100D 550D 350D 60D 5D Mark II III 7D 6D 701622996848 | eBay

your canon flash could be used as a slave (I believe) off the miranda being triggered.....the p30 & k1000 are just simple hot shoe triggering with no ttl support what so ever maybe a flash ready on the p30