Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-14-2020, 11:09 PM   #16
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Murfy Quote
I have to say I am downright angry now. I bought a v6 controller to replace one that just randomly stopped working and now the dial in the back on the new one has decided not to work. At $60 to keep replacing these controllers, and all the trouble I am having, I have given up on cactus. Worked fine yesterday when I put it away. Now the wheel won’t spin backwards and does not do anything going forward. I have 3 v6 controllers and only one works, this is not worth it anymore.
Dang. Sounds like you're having a run of bad luck. Mine have (touch wood) never given me any issues.

04-15-2020, 08:30 PM - 1 Like   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Aaron28 Quote
that sucks....can sort of understand your frustration....I have several v6 & v6ii units and every single time I use them there is some type of issue but when they work they work well albeit inconsistently .....
My husband thankfully is very good at fixing things and computer like things. He took it apart and the wheel had come off the track. He glued it back on and managed to get it working right. I had the old trigger that stopped working he used as a guide to take apart.
So it works, as of today (knock on wood it lasts) I took a whole session of self portraits, the trigger worked as remote and flash.
I have a love/hate relationship at this point. It works great...when it works.
04-15-2020, 08:56 PM - 1 Like   #18
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Murfy Quote
I took a whole session of self portraits, the trigger worked as remote and flash.
I have a love/hate relationship at this point. It works great...when it works.
relay mode is a nice feature and have used it experimenting......also use the v6 as remote camera trigger with v6ii to trigger flash in hss mode (relay mode does work v6ii in hss)
works great when it does and that's my love/hate with it as well.......did a few 'self portraits' as well......don't laugh too hard !!