Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 4 Likes Search this Thread
04-03-2020, 04:36 PM   #1
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Godox Trigger and flash system - What am I doing wrong?

I would appreciate any advice as to what mistakes I am making, settings wrong, etc. I have the following equipment

X-Pro P trigger, used on a K-3
X-Pro O trigger, used on a Panasonic G9
Flashpoint Zoom R2 Mini P (Godox TT350P)
Flashpoint Zoom Li-ON R2 O (Godox V860II-O)

I am not a flash person, so I am just looking to get basic TTL functionality via the trigger.

When using the X-Pro O trigger on the G9, using TTL firing either or both flashes, flash yields consistent exposure.

When using the X-Pro P trigger on the K3, using TTL, firing either or both flashes, every second frame, beginning with the first frame after powering up equipment, the flash fires and I get a properly exposed result. However, every second frame, beginning with the second frame after powering up equipment, the flash fires, but not in sync with the shutter, as clearly no light from the flash is in the exposed file. The shutter does open, as if exposure is boosted in post, there is data there. This behavior carries over in M, TAV, AV and TV shooting modes. Also, if I use the TT350P as a trigger for the V860II-O, the same thing happens. When shooting in M flash mode instead of TTL, this problem does NOT happen, whether using the XPro or TT350 as a Master.

EDIT: Also, I performed a factory reset of the XPro P, but could not figure out how to factory reset the flashes. I tried the K3 in both Wireless master and Wireless controller mode.

I would appreciate any advice. I expect and hope that I am just doing it wrong!

-Andy

Last edited by apisto; 04-03-2020 at 05:09 PM.
04-03-2020, 06:27 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by apisto Quote
I would appreciate any advice as to what mistakes I am making, settings wrong, etc. I have the following equipment

X-Pro P trigger, used on a K-3
X-Pro O trigger, used on a Panasonic G9
Flashpoint Zoom R2 Mini P (Godox TT350P)
Flashpoint Zoom Li-ON R2 O (Godox V860II-O)

I am not a flash person, so I am just looking to get basic TTL functionality via the trigger.

When using the X-Pro O trigger on the G9, using TTL firing either or both flashes, flash yields consistent exposure.

When using the X-Pro P trigger on the K3, using TTL, firing either or both flashes, every second frame, beginning with the first frame after powering up equipment, the flash fires and I get a properly exposed result. However, every second frame, beginning with the second frame after powering up equipment, the flash fires, but not in sync with the shutter, as clearly no light from the flash is in the exposed file. The shutter does open, as if exposure is boosted in post, there is data there. This behavior carries over in M, TAV, AV and TV shooting modes. Also, if I use the TT350P as a trigger for the V860II-O, the same thing happens. When shooting in M flash mode instead of TTL, this problem does NOT happen, whether using the XPro or TT350 as a Master.

EDIT: Also, I performed a factory reset of the XPro P, but could not figure out how to factory reset the flashes. I tried the K3 in both Wireless master and Wireless controller mode.

I would appreciate any advice. I expect and hope that I am just doing it wrong!

-Andy
I would suggest sending a personal message to the forums resident guru on flashes!

mcgregni - View Profile - PentaxForums.com

Also give a look at his flash guide. Comprehensive Pentax Flash Guide - Articles and Tips | PentaxForums.com
04-04-2020, 05:02 AM - 3 Likes   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Have you updated the firmware on all the flashes and triggers? The X-Pro P trigger was released after the other units. Mine works fine with the Godox V860II-O once I updated the firmware on the Godox V860II-O.
04-04-2020, 08:21 AM - 1 Like   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by wstruth Quote
Have you updated the firmware on all the flashes and triggers? The X-Pro P trigger was released after the other units. Mine works fine with the Godox V860II-O once I updated the firmware on the Godox V860II-O.
That was the issue. Thank you so much! I should have thought of that.

04-04-2020, 10:52 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by apisto Quote
That was the issue. Thank you so much! I should have thought of that.

Great! You're very welcome.