Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 4 Likes Search this Thread
06-06-2020, 02:45 AM   #1

Godox TT350 + Pentax K-01

I plan to buy Godox TT350P to be paired with Pentax K-01 due to the consideration that the small size of the flash is more suitable for that camera. my question is what all features, ttl and hss work well on K-01?

thank you if anyone can respond.

06-06-2020, 06:49 AM   #2

QuoteOriginally posted by azakirayhan Quote
I plan to buy Godox TT350P to be paired with Pentax K-01 due to the consideration that the small size of the flash is more suitable for that camera. my question is what all features, ttl and hss work well on K-01?

thank you if anyone can respond.
Hi azakirayhan,

I saw you asked that question on a Youtube channel too.
I remember I had some compatible problems with flashes in the past too.

I will refer you to the following Pentaxforums posts:
High speed flash sync on K-01 - PentaxForums.com
Problem with External Flash - PentaxForums.com

The Metz M400 (also very small) works well though. I checked by myself.

Kind Regards, Ron
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
Motorola one  Photo 

Last edited by Zijspoor; 06-06-2020 at 07:15 AM.
06-06-2020, 08:01 AM   #3

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Zijspoor Quote
Hi azakirayhan,

I saw you asked that question on a Youtube channel too.
I remember I had some compatible problems with flashes in the past too.

I will refer you to the following Pentaxforums posts:
High speed flash sync on K-01 - PentaxForums.com
Problem with External Flash - PentaxForums.com

The Metz M400 (also very small) works well though. I checked by myself.

Kind Regards, Ron

You are right bro. 😁 , because some people that I ask all answer with assumptions. not doing physically test.
06-06-2020, 03:26 PM - 1 Like   #4
Des
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
my question is what all features, ttl and hss work well on K-01?
I can't answer your question definitively. But here is what I can tell you. It is a mix of physical tests and what you call "assumptions" (I would prefer to say inferences or deductions).

I have the TT350P. Godox only specify as compatible (GODOX PHOTO EQUIPMENT CO.,LTD TT350P) those cameras that they have tested the unit on themselves: 645Z, K-3ii, K-1, KP, K-50, K-S2 K-70. I can say that it works with the full suite of functions (auto and manual, HSS, auto zoom, off-camera triggering with the XPro-P, etc) on my KP, K-3 and K-S2. Other members have reported that it works well with the K10D, K20D, K-7, K-5, K-5iis and even the MZ-S (Xpro-P TTL Wireless Flash Trigger for Pentax - PentaxForums.com).

If the TT350P works on all these models (notably the K-50) it should work on the K-01.

K-01 owners have reported success in using other third-party PTTL flashes (e.g. Metz and Sigma) on-camera, including in HSS mode, as @Zijspoor has.

The problem described in the thread linked above is the use of a Godox XPro-P trigger to fire an off-camera Godox flash in HSS mode. I don't know why that didn't work, but it does not mean that the Godox TT350P would be unable to fire in PTTL mode (including with HSS) on-camera. Nor did the OP in that thread say that there was a problem using the XPro-P on the K-01 to trigger the TT350P in regular PTTL mode.

06-06-2020, 05:01 PM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
If you are going to buy the Godox XPro-P trigger, I would buy it from Adorama. They rebrand it to their Flashpoint brand and made a few changes to it that are exclusive to Flashpoint and at the same price. I purchased both the trigger and the Flashpoint Zoom Li-on X R2 round flash. I had trouble understanding the instructions for paring the trigger & flash and made a phone call to the Adorama help desk. The first ring I was talking to a very knowledgeable person who walked me through it. Also, Adorama gives a two-year warranty.
06-06-2020, 05:19 PM - 1 Like   #6

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Des Quote
I can't answer your question definitively. But here is what I can tell you. It is a mix of physical tests and what you call "assumptions" (I would prefer to say inferences or deductions).

I have the TT350P. Godox only specify as compatible (GODOX PHOTO EQUIPMENT CO.,LTD TT350P) those cameras that they have tested the unit on themselves: 645Z, K-3ii, K-1, KP, K-50, K-S2 K-70. I can say that it works with the full suite of functions (auto and manual, HSS, auto zoom, off-camera triggering with the XPro-P, etc) on my KP, K-3 and K-S2. Other members have reported that it works well with the K10D, K20D, K-7, K-5, K-5iis and even the MZ-S (Xpro-P TTL Wireless Flash Trigger for Pentax - PentaxForums.com).

If the TT350P works on all these models (notably the K-50) it should work on the K-01.

K-01 owners have reported success in using other third-party PTTL flashes (e.g. Metz and Sigma) on-camera, including in HSS mode, as @Zijspoor has.

The problem described in the thread linked above is the use of a Godox XPro-P trigger to fire an off-camera Godox flash in HSS mode. I don't know why that didn't work, but it does not mean that the Godox TT350P would be unable to fire in PTTL mode (including with HSS) on-camera. Nor did the OP in that thread say that there was a problem using the XPro-P on the K-01 to trigger the TT350P in regular PTTL mode.
Thank you for the explanation and input. yeah ... i mean conclusions. 🤭😁. I just want to make sure that if I buy a TT350P (the main reason for its size) I hope to have a feature-rich in a little flash.

doubt is because I have an X2Tp transmitter to trigger the TT600 and AD200 and works perfectly on my K20D, K5ii and K10D.

so I tried it on K-01, work at max shyncro 1/160s. I am worried that tt350p will experience the same problem if installed on K-01.
06-06-2020, 05:47 PM   #7
Des
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
doubt is because I have an X2Tp transmitter to trigger the TT600 and AD200 and works perfectly on my K20D, K5ii and K10D.so I tried it on K-01, work at max shyncro 1/160s. I am worried that tt350p will experience the same problem if installed on K-01.
Good luck. Please report back on your experience.

06-07-2020, 09:35 AM - 2 Likes   #8

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Des Quote
Good luck. Please report back on your experience.

reports using Godox TT350p + K-01

On Hotshoe:
TTL & Manual modes in all synchronization modes work perfectly

On Hotshoe as a Master:
only works well on shyncron Speed ​​1/180 and below. can't afford HSS.

As a Slave:
All features work perfectly, I use X2Tp Transmitter.

To trigger Flash Godox TT600 to be able to HSS with TT350p as a master. then I am forced to activate optical slaves / S1 mode and HSS is activated on the Godox TT600. TT350p is set in regular mode with manual position and HSS activated too.

quite useful, but lthis method is only effective in the room. not for outdoor. 😁😁