Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 21 Likes Search this Thread
06-24-2020, 09:32 AM   #46
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by awscreo Quote
Damn, not sure how it happened, but they sent me nikon versions of the flashes. Gonna have to send them back and re-order..
I hope they bring you the correct version this time.

06-24-2020, 11:12 AM   #47
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by morenjavi Quote
I hope they bring you the correct version this time.
Yup me too(

06-24-2020, 01:25 PM   #48
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by awscreo Quote
Damn, not sure how it happened, but they sent me nikon versions of the flashes. Gonna have to send them back and re-order..
Well, that sucks. The two flash have different model numbers. If you got them from B&H, Adorama, or other regular online photo outlet, you should be able to simply call them for the replacement and they should send you a "call tag" to cover the return postage.

Steve
06-24-2020, 01:55 PM - 1 Like   #49
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
Well, that sucks. The two flash have different model numbers. If you got them from B&H, Adorama, or other regular online photo outlet, you should be able to simply call them for the replacement and they should send you a "call tag" to cover the return postage.

Steve
Yeah already got my return labels. Amazon makes it easy at least.

08-23-2020, 09:52 AM   #50
Veteran Member

Hi, just adding a question here: is the Cactus V6 II system discontinued? I cant find it in Germany or elsewhere ein Europe for sale. Thx.
08-23-2020, 04:19 PM   #51
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by yucafrita Quote
Hi, just adding a question here: is the Cactus V6 II system discontinued? I cant find it in Germany or elsewhere ein Europe for sale. Thx
Interesting. Looks to be the same in the UK.
08-23-2020, 04:57 PM   #52
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Hi, just adding a question here: is the Cactus V6 II system discontinued? I cant find it in Germany or elsewhere ein Europe for sale. Thx.
QuoteOriginally posted by pschlute Quote
Interesting. Looks to be the same in the UK.
B&H in New York City lists some Cactus items as backordered with more on the way in 3-7 days. I suggest COVID-19 supply issues.

Steve

06-05-2021, 07:52 AM   #53

Cactus went bust

Apparently they went bust. (Facebook page has comment saying everyone was fired...)

There is at least one place here in Switzerland that claims to have the V6ii in stock...
06-05-2021, 01:38 PM - 1 Like   #54

Just to chime in with another note; yup, they've gone out of business:

See: A message from Cactus. - PentaxForums.com

Also, there are rumors going around, based on a 2021 Godox catalog, that V860 III and V850 III speedlight models are going to be released sometime this year. And it lists a V860 III-P. (It also forgets to list a TT350-P or V350-P, though, so...).

The V860 III is apparently updated to use the same battery as the V1 and has a slide lock on the foot, an LED "modeling light", and a TCM switch (which, if it's like the V1 is for on-camera use, not as a radio transmitter). I would presume it also inherits the V1's SCAN function (auto find the least crowded channel and set it) and improved radio transmitter interface.

The V850 III also has the battery upgrade, but not the slidelock or LED. It's also had its physical UI rearranged to be more consistent with the V860 models, and has (finally!) gained USB firmware upgrade capability.

Really hoping those updates eventually trickle down to TT685 and TT600 models, and there will finally be a TT685 model for Pentax.