Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 4 Likes Search this Thread
10-30-2020, 04:37 PM   #1
Pentaxian

X-pro-P ad200......cactus v6ii......hss integration success??

got around to attempting mounting the X-pro-P on top a cactus v6ii with TTL pass through........seems to work or i should say sync (did not really go through "power leve" stuff) at 1/180 (sync speed or less)........i do loose the rear sync option on the v6ii......

however the bigger disappointment was no high speed sync.....the ad200 would fire well before exposure (could watch the entire flash cycle through the VF) the af360fgz on the v6ii would sync just fine and expose the shot......

the x-pro is set for Hss and the camera icon is present when i half press the shutter button indicating the ttl pass through is happening.....(and was allowed by the v6ii).......i have not done FW with the x-pro and don't believe any is available for it.....could be mistaken......... *have no issue with x-pro on it's own unless the AA batteries fail*

curious if anyone else has tried had success or not........

thanks

Aaron

10-30-2020, 07:26 PM   #2
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Something you might insert in your experimentation would be using the 2s delay drive mode. That will allow you to view the pre-flash and see which unit(s) fire. Remember, both second curtain sync and HSS are features of P-TTL on Pentax cameras and the camera takes its cues from whichever flash/device identifies as master and, IIRC, will only sync to that flash/device. When doing second curtain sync testing, use a long exposure time as well as the 2s delay to allow you to see pre-flash as well as non-trailing sync, should it be part of the mix.

Steve

(...did a fair amount of experimentation with wired hot shoes in parallel...P-TTL does not like to cooperate with more than one flash...)
10-31-2020, 05:36 AM   #3
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Aaron28 Quote
got around to attempting mounting the X-pro-P on top a cactus v6ii with TTL pass through
What are you trying to do?

Do you want to trigger Godox and non-Godox flashes simultaneously?

however the bigger disappointment was no high speed sync...
Things you could experiment with:
  1. firmware versions on the V6II. The multi-brand variant is also capable of HSS and might give a different result.
  2. configuration of the "on-camera" flash in the V6II settings. Try using "PENTAX", "MANUAL", or "NIKON" as the flash system for the "on-camera" flash (which sits on the V6II).
10-31-2020, 06:51 AM   #4
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
Something you might insert in your experimentation would be using the 2s delay drive mode
thanks Steve.......i did this rather hastily with rear sync and will experiment more appreciate the suggestions to make further evaluation!!!
.....seemed that the 360 on the v6ii followed how cactus does rear sync.....the ad200 did not play along with the synchronization in either mode

QuoteOriginally posted by Class A Quote
Do you want to trigger Godox and non-Godox flashes simultaneously?
yes! ................figured the ttl pass through would allow the x-pro-P function as usual but so far no using the specialized modes (hss & rear sync)

i can understand rear sync not working as it is not an available function to set on the x-pro but did expect hss to function......will note that if the hss mode on the x-pro was not 'on' the v6ii would not allow for ttl pass through.......when allowed the v6ii would display the "paperclip" icon

will try the experiments you suggest......manual may do the trick!
thanks!

10-31-2020, 10:04 AM - 1 Like   #5
pid
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
with my K1 and the Cactus V6II plus the x-pro-P it works with pass through to fire my Godox AD400Pro and my Cactus RF60x both together in HSS Mode. You have to set in the Cactus Trigger -> Preferences -> Camera & Flash Setup to: Camera System: Pentax, Flash System: at the beginning you have to choose "Pentax" than it shows a tick mark. As next step choose Manual Flash (not Pentax!). This is the trick.
First power on the different Flashes than power on the cam, than power on the Cactus Trigger and than power on the Godox trigger.

Camera Mode on M, Cactus Mode on TTL (You dont need the pass Through setting!) and Godox Trigger Mode TTL not M!!!! Than it works well.

Be sure that you installed the latest firmwares of all the stuff.

Last edited by pid; 10-31-2020 at 11:13 AM.
10-31-2020, 05:17 PM - 1 Like   #6
Des
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Have you considered getting a Godox TT350P to do the job of the FGZ 360, Aaron? Then you would only need one trigger, the X-Pro-P. Cheap, well-featured and handy little flash too.
10-31-2020, 06:15 PM - 1 Like   #7
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by pid Quote
with my K1 and the Cactus V6II plus the x-pro-P it works with pass through to fire my Godox AD400Pro and my Cactus RF60x both together in HSS Mode. You have to set in the Cactus Trigger -> Preferences -> Camera & Flash Setup to: Camera System: Pentax, Flash System: at the beginning you have to choose "Pentax" than it shows a tick mark. As next step choose Manual Flash (not Pentax!). This is the trick.
First power on the different Flashes than power on the cam, than power on the Cactus Trigger and than power on the Godox trigger.

Camera Mode on M, Cactus Mode on TTL (You dont need the pass Through setting!) and Godox Trigger Mode TTL not M!!!! Than it works well.

Be sure that you installed the latest firmwares of all the stuff.
thank you!! will give that a try....believe class A suggested manual as a route.......was purdy sure i have read here on the forums somewhere they would work together!!!
wish me luck!!

QuoteOriginally posted by Des Quote
Have you considered getting a Godox TT350P to do the job of the FGZ 360, Aaron? Then you would only need one trigger, the X-Pro-P. Cheap, well-featured and handy little flash too.
another ad200 or an ad400 would be in the future but would like to use what i have now.....v6ii, af360 & af540

11-04-2020, 02:41 PM - 1 Like   #8
Pentaxian

thanks Steve.......i did this rather hastily with rear sync and will experiment more appreciate the suggestions to make further evaluation!!!
.....seemed that the 360 on the v6ii followed how cactus does rear sync.....the ad200 did not play along with the synchronization in either mode

yes! ................figured the ttl pass through would allow the x-pro-P function as usual but so far no using the specialized modes (hss & rear sync)

i can understand rear sync not working as it is not an available function to set on the x-pro but did expect hss to function......will note that if the hss mode on the x-pro was not 'on' the v6ii would not allow for ttl pass through.......when allowed the v6ii would display the "paperclip" icon

will try the experiments you suggest......manual may do the trick!
thanks!
I think Class A is on the right way.

I sold my V6II and non Godox Flashes time ago, but I remember that I did similar configurations with success. Sure you'll need the multibrand version, because X-TTL versions disabled the V6II's top shoe when you pass 1/180. Do you have a XT16R receiver at hand ?

This is an old thread where I told how I get HSS with the AD200 and XProC (canon version) stacked on top of the V6II: here.
Also, here you have another post about how to get HSS with several Godox flashes and triggers, stacked on top of a V6II: here.

These setups were done before the XProP 'era'. Surprisingly, XProP is less 'compatible' with the V6II stacked on top, compared to the XProC. Try the same configuration that I used in the second post for triggers like XT16/XT32, I think this is the correct path for the XProP, but maybe there are more ways to do it now. I don't have any Cactus trigger now, so I can't re-test XproP configuration.

Good luck.

Regards.
11-04-2020, 05:08 PM   #9
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by morenjavi Quote
This is an old thread where I told how I get HSS with the AD200 and XProC (canon version) stacked on top of the V6II: here.
Also, here you have another post about how to get HSS with several Godox flashes and triggers, st
thank you! i remember reading through the x pro for canon you posted sometime ago.....reckon i expected different with the x-pro-p

appreciate the additions to try!!