12-01-2020, 11:00 PM - 1 Like   #16
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by garywakeling Quote
Sorry it took a little longer to find some free time
It works, no artistic quality here but a proof of concept set of shots

Basically the adapter and cord into the hotshoe, ring flash mounted on adapter, no lock on the adapter to camera so don't swing the combo around too much then the cord 5P into the side of the AF540 and away you go

before with no 540

and with the 540 added for the background

Thanks for the question, I can see myself using this combo quite a lot in the future, it certainly opens up lots of creative possibilities with the ring flash
Excellent! The little I've used the ring flash has provided great results. But, it can't solve the dark background at F16-22 problem of all on camera flash. Adding the AF540 really opens up the background in your photo. Can't wait to try this on flowers and bugs.

I'm lucky to have found someone with this exact match of equipment. Thanks for spending time investigating this combo and it's compatibility. Can't wait to see some of your images!

Thanks,
barondla

12-02-2020, 08:57 AM - 1 Like   #17
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Also thanks from me, who never got around to trying this scheme out.