Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 4 Likes Search this Thread
01-01-2021, 12:48 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Need help choosing a C-stand

Hey, Happy New Year everyone. I want to buy a C-stand for my soon to be purchased Flashpoint Xplor 600 HSS BM. As for the stand I would like to use it for both outdoor and indoor use. Which one do you think would be better for me? Here's links to both stands in question.

Impact Turtle Base C-Stand Kit (10.75', Chrome) LS-CT40MK B&H

https://www.adorama.com/fplsc.html?

01-01-2021, 01:46 PM - 1 Like   #2

If you depend on them a lot and want to use them for long, I would suggest the ones from Manfrotto. These Chinese versions are usually much heavier, bulkier and not as well build. I have one in my studio but like my Manfrottos better and would buy the latter anytime again. The screws and gripheads are better too.
01-01-2021, 01:58 PM - 1 Like   #3
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
For indoor and OUTDOOR use you'll want one with what's referred to as a "rocky mountain leg", which is one leg adjustable for uneven ground.
This is one with great reviews and what I use myself. I do have another rolling stand from Cheetah that I prefer for indoor convenience but the Matthews works quite well for both.
https://www.adorama.com/mt756040.html?
01-01-2021, 02:16 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Pentaxrookie Quote
If you depend on them a lot and want to use them for long, I would suggest the ones from Manfrotto. These Chinese versions are usually much heavier, bulkier and not as well build. I have one in my studio but like my Manfrottos better and would buy the latter anytime again. The screws and gripheads are better too.
Thanks for the suggestion. However when I looked at the three major sites for camera gear. I couldn't find any Manfrotto C-Stands. Would you mind providing a link?

01-01-2021, 03:02 PM - 1 Like   #5
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I have one Manfrotto avenger c-stand. I do recommend it. The one above does look quite similar and cheaper too.
01-01-2021, 11:27 PM - 1 Like   #6

QuoteOriginally posted by Prince Harbinger Quote
Thanks for the suggestion. However when I looked at the three major sites for camera gear. I couldn't find any Manfrotto C-Stands. Would you mind providing a link?
I do not know under which brand they sell in the US too as I am from Germany but https://www.manfrotto.com/us-en/avenger-grip/stands/ is one. They are not cheap though.
Once you know which model you want you can ask DuckDuckGo where to find it cheaper. (f.i. Avenger/Manfrotto Avenger The Film Equipment Store or A.C. Lighting Inc. - Entertainment Lighting Technologies | Avenger C-Stand Kit 33 with sliding leg, https://www.thomannmusic.com/manfrotto_c_stand_kit_33_bk.htm - randomly picked !)
Hope that helps.