Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-26-2008, 08:24 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
another question for sigma flash owners: memory?

When you turn off the Metz flashes, they come back with the same settings they were in before — same mode, same wireless config, same zoom, and all the other options. This is generally good, but sometimes it'd be nice for things to reset to a known state. (Ideally, there'd be separate settings for power-on defaults, but oh well.)

The Pentax flashes reset to P-TTL and A-Zoom. Many of the functions which are controlled by menu on Metz flashes are physical switches, which of course stay in place.

I no longer have a Sigma flash in my possession, but I seem to remember it mostly resetting on power off. Can you confirm this for me? Thanks.

11-26-2008, 09:19 AM   #2
Veteran Member

I just did a few tests with my EF500SUPER/K10D combo, and the flash retains its settings when powered-off/-on. The previous mode of the flash must be compatible with the camera's current mode, however (eg. manual mode can only be used with the camera in M, X, or B mode).
11-26-2008, 10:22 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by RBellavance Quote
I just did a few tests with my EF500SUPER/K10D combo, and the flash retains its settings when powered-off/-on. The previous mode of the flash must be compatible with the camera's current mode, however (eg. manual mode can only be used with the camera in M, X, or B mode).
Thanks! What about the wireless channel?
11-26-2008, 11:21 AM   #4
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by mattdm Quote
Thanks! What about the wireless channel?
Retained as well.

12-04-2008, 04:49 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Ooh, and: manual zoom setting?