Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-30-2021, 07:13 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
AF540FGZ/Cactus Trigger II HSS and K1

So I've been working on using the AF540FGZ Flash (I), Cactus II HSS Trigger and K1 to take some pictures before the wildflowers go away. I've ran into a issue. Once I have the flash/trigger and K1 sit up and take a picture, the flash will only fire one time until I cycle through the modes on the flash and then it will fire one more time then I have to go through the whole thing again. And this happens in PTTL and Manual modes. And the flash and triggers have fully charged Eneloop batteries and there is at least 15-20 seconds in between shots and I don't hear the flash still recharging for another shot. Any idea of what the issue might be?

Thank you for any help that can be offered. Tomorrow I'll dig out another AF540FGZ that is in my closet and see if the same thing happens.

Thank you
Jim

06-30-2021, 09:00 PM   #2
Pentaxian

are you using an 'A' lens in the 'A' position? is HSS is enabled on the v6ii and switched to the very right on the 540? ........

with cactus there is a fluid chain of events to get stuff working properly and can be rather awkward...........without knowing all the settings there is no way of telling whats up
06-30-2021, 09:36 PM   #3
sbc
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
I don't have a K-1 but K-5IIs and K-3III. Is the Cactus V6II firmware up to date for Pentax? The Cactus did not work properly with my K-5IIs in P-TTL mode. If you can live without P-TTL, I suggest you change it to multi brand mode and use that as 'manual'.
Remember, no matter if you are using manual or TTL, the flash must ALWAYS be in P-TTL auto mode. That is such how Cactus works.
07-01-2021, 09:01 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thanks, when I get home this afternoon I will do firmware updates on all my V6 II HSS units and see what happens.

Thank you
Jim

07-01-2021, 06:22 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thank you everybody. The firmware update fixed my problem.

Now I just need to figure out how to update the firmware on my 5 V6's that I have. I keep on getting a Error 43 when I try to update them.

Thank you
Jim