Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-17-2021, 11:22 PM   #1

Metz 36 AF-5 with Km

I recently used my Metz 36 AF-5 on my Km for some important shots. Set camera on auto with flash on. 30mm focal length. Some of the photos are very washed out. Some were great. Successive photos of same subject taken from same position. ISO changed from 200 for good one to 400 for washed out one. Any ideas?
Cheers Dale

07-18-2021, 02:47 AM   #2
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Dale J Quote
I recently used my Metz 36 AF-5 on my Km for some important shots. Set camera on auto with flash on. 30mm focal length. Some of the photos are very washed out. Some were great. Successive photos of same subject taken from same position. ISO changed from 200 for good one to 400 for washed out one. Any ideas?
Cheers Dale
Did you use a dedicated Pentax version? Can not find a specific Pentax edition of this flash, only a Canon version. So what setting did you use on the flash. And did you notice the flash going off?
07-18-2021, 06:39 PM   #3

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by AfterPentax Mark II Quote
Did you use a dedicated Pentax version? Can not find a specific Pentax edition of this flash, only a Canon version. So what setting did you use on the flash. And did you notice the flash going off?
The Metz is a dedicated Pentax version. The flash doesn't seem to have settings eg half or full, but had the diffuser tilted towards subject. I thought I saw the flash go off on both pictures (identical settings).
07-19-2021, 12:54 AM   #4
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Dale J Quote
The Metz is a dedicated Pentax version. The flash doesn't seem to have settings eg half or full, but had the diffuser tilted towards subject. I thought I saw the flash go off on both pictures (identical settings).
What lens did you use? I came across this behaviour with my Metz flash as well and try to figure out what I did wrong and what I did correct it. And I think your K-M is the digital version also known as K2000.

Last edited by AfterPentax Mark II; 07-19-2021 at 04:47 AM. Reason: additonal information/question added