Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-17-2021, 11:22 PM   #1
New Member
Dale J's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2020
Location: Curramore, Queensland, Australia
Posts: 5
Metz 36 AF-5 with Km

I recently used my Metz 36 AF-5 on my Km for some important shots. Set camera on auto with flash on. 30mm focal length. Some of the photos are very washed out. Some were great. Successive photos of same subject taken from same position. ISO changed from 200 for good one to 400 for washed out one. Any ideas?
Cheers Dale

07-18-2021, 02:47 AM   #2
Veteran Member




Join Date: Mar 2021
Posts: 376
QuoteOriginally posted by Dale J Quote
I recently used my Metz 36 AF-5 on my Km for some important shots. Set camera on auto with flash on. 30mm focal length. Some of the photos are very washed out. Some were great. Successive photos of same subject taken from same position. ISO changed from 200 for good one to 400 for washed out one. Any ideas?
Cheers Dale
Did you use a dedicated Pentax version? Can not find a specific Pentax edition of this flash, only a Canon version. So what setting did you use on the flash. And did you notice the flash going off?
07-18-2021, 06:39 PM   #3
New Member
Dale J's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2020
Location: Curramore, Queensland, Australia
Posts: 5
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by AfterPentax Mark II Quote
Did you use a dedicated Pentax version? Can not find a specific Pentax edition of this flash, only a Canon version. So what setting did you use on the flash. And did you notice the flash going off?
The Metz is a dedicated Pentax version. The flash doesn't seem to have settings eg half or full, but had the diffuser tilted towards subject. I thought I saw the flash go off on both pictures (identical settings).
07-19-2021, 12:54 AM   #4
Veteran Member




Join Date: Mar 2021
Posts: 376
QuoteOriginally posted by Dale J Quote
The Metz is a dedicated Pentax version. The flash doesn't seem to have settings eg half or full, but had the diffuser tilted towards subject. I thought I saw the flash go off on both pictures (identical settings).
What lens did you use? I came across this behaviour with my Metz flash as well and try to figure out what I did wrong and what I did correct it. And I think your K-M is the digital version also known as K2000.


Last edited by AfterPentax Mark II; 07-19-2021 at 04:47 AM. Reason: additonal information/question added
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
af-5, flash, km, lighting, metz, metz 36 af-5, photo studio, photos, strobist
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Metz Mecablitz 36 AF-5 Digital Flashgun for Pentax P-TTL 35mmfilmfan Flashes, Lighting, and Studio 9 01-09-2021 01:28 PM
For Sale - Sold: [EU] DA 18-135, K20D, D-BG2, Metz 36 AF-5 Matjazz Sold Items 9 02-16-2013 12:42 PM
Metz 50 vs Metz 36 AF-5 for K-x causey Flashes, Lighting, and Studio 2 04-20-2011 09:30 AM
For Sale - Sold: Pentax DA14mm, Metz 36 AF-4, Sigma 1.4 TC APO joeyc Sold Items 11 08-12-2009 08:47 AM
Metz Mecablitz 36 AF-4 ? VaughnA Flashes, Lighting, and Studio 2 06-13-2009 04:38 PM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:36 AM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top