Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 18 Likes Search this Thread
09-06-2021, 01:16 AM   #1

Photos: Albums
Just purchased a full Godox flash kit. Does this look like a good working set?

Just like the title says. What do you guys think of this as a full Godox set?

Trigger - X2T-P
On cam - V1-P
Off cam - TT600 x 2

09-06-2021, 06:29 AM - 1 Like   #2
Forum Member

I hope you'll enjoy your new gear. I own several flashes, some from godox, they are working as should and never have an issue with the communication from X2T-p although the Godox XPro trigger will make your life a lot easier.
Without knowing what use you are planning to do with your flashes i can't answer if it is a full set or if you are missing something
For example if you are doing portrait photography, then you are ok with 3 flashes but you lack some light modifiers.... etc.

Cheers
09-06-2021, 06:48 AM - 1 Like   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Two tips: Get the XPro trigger. Update the firmware for everything - it's worth the time to check the versions and update if something newer is available.

Godox downloads:
GODOX PHOTO EQUIPMENT CO.,LTD Download
09-06-2021, 07:43 AM - 1 Like   #4
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by ProfessorBuzz Quote
Get the XPro trigger.
The Flashpoint R2 Pro MarkII is even better.
Best Godox trigger, unless one needs an on-trigger hot-shoe mount.

09-06-2021, 09:24 AM - 1 Like   #5
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by aaronjamesgray Quote
I guess you will find out. Looks like a great setup for single light on/off camera TTL and off-camera radio-controlled manual.

Steve
09-06-2021, 11:42 AM - 1 Like   #6

Trigger - X2T-P
On cam - V1-P
Off cam - TT600 x 2
Looks good, but as others are saying, the XPro-P (if you're outside the US) or the Flashpoint R2 Pro II-P have better UIs and features sets, and in the US only cost $10 more than the X2T-P. The X2T-P is mostly if you need the hotshoe up top for a non-Godox speedlight (and the V1 has a built-in transceiver so it can be both on-camera flash and radio transmitter at the same time or an off-camera radio flash). But the X2T is also newer than the X-Pro so does two of the things the R2 Pro II does that the X-Pro doesn't (SCAN and bluetooth). But the X2T doesn't do TCM (TTL Convert to Manual), which would make TTL useful for off-camera lighting.

The TT600s are also a great way to have additional lights in an off-camera setup, but I expect you'll use the V1 off-camera more often. The drawbacks with the TT600s are that you can't firmware upgrade them (so, you can't turn off the idiot blinking LED that indicates active radio slave mode) and you can't use ID codes. And, of course, that you don't have remote TTL or Zoom control, like you would with one of the TTL speedlights. If you want those features, but you don't want to spring for a V1-P or the upcoming V860 III-P, and you never plan on using this additional flash on-camera, you could buy any V860 II ($180) and firmware update it, or a TT685-C ($110) (and only the Canon version) and firmware update it, and it can be a P-TTL/HSS radio off-camera flash to a -P Godox transmitter.
09-06-2021, 02:00 PM - 1 Like   #7
Pentaxian

I have two Godox AD200, two Godox V1 for Pentax, and one Godox AD600BM. I also have the XPro-P trigger, which is excellent. They are all fantastic pieces of equipment.

09-07-2021, 07:53 AM   #8

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
I notice a lot of people saying that i should have gone with the XPro instead of the X2T, even though the latter is newer. Why is this? It seemed like the X2T had a fuller set of features.
09-07-2021, 04:11 PM - 1 Like   #9
Pentaxian

There is the advantage with the X2T being that you can mount a flash on top of it, where the XPro-P will not, but the XPro-P has a larger display and is quite simple to use if you do not need to have a flash on the camera. The XPro-P will control the off camera Godox equipment. To me, having the larger display and controls in front of me is quite handy with the XPro-P. If you don't need to have the flash on camera, you may want to opt for the XPro-P. I am not sure if you can possibly return your X2T toward an XPro-P if you are interested, but if so you may want to. The XPro-P is only approximately 10 or so dollars more and is full featured for controlling remote flashes. Please note that your V-1 will also control off camera Godox flashes/lights, so in that sense you already have a flash unit and control in that piece of equipment eliminating the need to use a flash on top of the X2T.

Last edited by C_Jones; 09-07-2021 at 04:27 PM.
09-07-2021, 09:26 PM - 1 Like   #10
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

I notice a lot of people saying that i should have gone with the XPro instead of the X2T, even though the latter is newer. Why is this? It seemed like the X2T had a fuller set of features.
As noted, the XPro is a $10 price difference at present and what you get is similar, though with a different on-camera profile, buttons to help with navigation, and a few added features, the most attractive being TCM.* In case you are interested, I posted a detailed review of the X2T-P a day or so ago and rounded out the content this evening.

Godox X2T-P | Noob's Non-standard Workout and Observations - PentaxForums.com

You might want give the phone app a try too.

Steve

(...has no skin in the "which controller?" game...)

* There are also a few other differences. A close examination of the specification list in the two manuals might be helpful.

Last edited by stevebrot; 09-07-2021 at 09:43 PM.
09-07-2021, 09:46 PM - 1 Like   #11
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by C_Jones Quote
...have a flash unit and control in that piece of equipment eliminating the need to use a flash on top of the X2T
It is not immediately obvious, but the top-side shoe on the X2T-P is center contact only, i.e. a generic hot shoe, and definitely not a pass-through.

Steve
09-08-2021, 02:28 PM - 2 Likes   #12
Pentaxian

Please note that the XPro-P has the TCM feature. This feature is "Smart TCM function for transform the TTL shooting value into the output value in M mode by Long Press TCM Button". It is a feature that I have utilized.

Last edited by C_Jones; 09-08-2021 at 02:40 PM.
09-09-2021, 05:14 AM - 1 Like   #13
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
XPro : larger display, TCM

XT2 : somewhat more compact, hotshoe mount, bluetooth

Functionally they are the same, they can control the same flashes, have the same range, etc.
09-09-2021, 07:23 PM - 2 Likes   #14

QuoteOriginally posted by bdery Quote
XPro : larger display, TCM

XT2 : somewhat more compact, hotshoe mount, bluetooth

Functionally they are the same, they can control the same flashes, have the same range, etc.
And, Flashpoint R2 Pro II: larger display, TCM + bluetooth, plus more buttons and better transitions in/out of TCM than the XPro. Same price as the XPro.

In the US, the main reason to get the X2T is the hotshoe, since you can also get the R2 Pro II from Adorama.
Outside the US, it's a harder decision between the higher-end but older XPro and lower-end but newer X2T.
09-09-2021, 10:16 PM - 1 Like   #15
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by inkista Quote
And, Flashpoint R2 Pro II: larger display, TCM + bluetooth, plus more buttons and better transitions in/out of TCM than the XPro. Same price as the XPro.

In the US, the main reason to get the X2T is the hotshoe, since you can also get the R2 Pro II from Adorama.
Outside the US, it's a harder decision between the higher-end but older XPro and lower-end but newer X2T.
I have spent a fair amount of time pondering the comparison. The prominent physical profile of the XPro P and R2 Pro II put me off a little. They definitely stand out when perched on top of the camera. The X2Tp is a less obtrusive, but is still a bit of a brick. Of course, there is the matter of at-a-glance review and editing of group settings. That said, one can review three of the five groups at a glance with the remaining two available with a subtle wheel shuffle...no harder than on a TT350p.

What struck me is the question of target usage, with the XPro being slanted more to immediate fluidity and the X2Tp being aimed more towards static configurations, say a teaching environment (strongly so) or specific studio solutions. As part of my recent noob review post, I included a feature suggestion to allow config off-load and upload via the USB port to allow quick and application of frequently used configurations. That idea, I think, might have wings.

Godox X2T-P | Noob's Non-standard Workout and Observations - PentaxForums.com

Steve