Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 18 Likes Search this Thread
09-09-2021, 10:41 PM - 1 Like   #16

QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
...As part of my recent noob review post, I included a feature suggestion to allow config off-load and upload via the USB port to allow quick and application of frequently used configurations. That idea, I think, might have wings.
Closest thing they have at the moment is the ability for the GodoxPhoto app for iOS and Android store off the group on/off and M power ratio settings as presets that can be loaded. Unfortunately, the app cannot set HSS or TTL for groups.

The app really needs to be updated to duplicate the UI on their TTL triggers, now that the A1/A1 mini are no more its original design purpose for strobes doesn't really fit any of the current X-system devices that speak bluetooth (X2T, R2 Pro II).

09-10-2021, 05:16 AM - 2 Likes   #17
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by inkista Quote
Outside the US, it's a harder decision between the higher-end but older XPro and lower-end but newer X2T.
I wouldn't say the X2T is lower end. Just different.

Also, the bluetooth feature of the X2T makes it even more convenient to use than the XPro. Using a smartphone is simple and very effective, and negates the negative aspects of the smaller screen (which aren't all that bad to begin with).

See here the part about the app:

Godox AD100Pro: a Tiny And Powerful Off-Camera Flash - Light And Matter
09-10-2021, 09:30 AM   #18
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by bdery Quote
Also, the bluetooth feature of the X2T makes it even more convenient to use than the XPro. Using a smartphone is simple and very effective, and negates the negative aspects of the smaller screen (which aren't all that bad to begin with).
OK...my curiosity is piqued. I gotta try the app. BTW...your AD100P is pretty amazing kit, IMHO.

Steve

Last edited by stevebrot; 09-10-2021 at 09:37 AM.
09-13-2021, 05:18 AM   #19
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
I gotta try the app.
Let me know your thoughts!

BTW...your AD100P is pretty amazing kit, IMHO.
I really like it. The beercan form factor makes it easy to carry (it forst into any lens slot) and it pops powerful and fast flashes like a big boy.