Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-05-2008, 11:06 PM   #1
Senior Member




Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Brisbane, Australia
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 239
Can Sigma 530 DG GT trigger Sigma 530 DG Super ?

I have a K200D with Sigma 530 DG Super flash and they're a wonderful combination and I can use K200D onboard flash to trigger Sigma 530 DG Super off the body.

But was wondering if I bought a Sigma 530 DG GT and mounted it on K200D, would I be able to trigger the Sigma 530 DG Super externally ? Or would I need another Sigma 530 DG Super to be able to trigger my existing Sigma 530 DG Super ?

The Sigma 530 DG Super description:

QuoteQuote:
Slave Flash

The Designated Slave function allows you use of two or more EF-530 DG SUPER flash units and also flashguns can fire together by using the channel settings. Since the EF-530 DG SUPER is equipped with this function, it can be used with all camera models. It is also possible to use the camera’s built-in flash or another flash unit in Normal Slave mode (Flash Exposure must be adjusted manually).
Anyone tried ?

thanks

George

12-06-2008, 02:31 AM   #2
Damn Brit
Guest




QuoteOriginally posted by eva2000 Quote
I have a K200D with Sigma 530 DG Super flash and they're a wonderful combination and I can use K200D onboard flash to trigger Sigma 530 DG Super off the body.

But was wondering if I bought a Sigma 530 DG GT and mounted it on K200D, would I be able to trigger the Sigma 530 DG Super externally ? Or would I need another Sigma 530 DG Super to be able to trigger my existing Sigma 530 DG Super ?

The Sigma 530 DG Super description:



Anyone tried ?

thanks

George
Is this information not on Sigmas website?
12-06-2008, 04:56 AM   #3
Veteran Member
blwnhr's Avatar

Join Date: May 2007
Location: Tasmania, Australia
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 663
I own a EF-500 ST and Super. I will do the experiment if you like.
12-06-2008, 06:35 AM   #4
Veteran Member
mattdm's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Boston, MA
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 2,964
It should work if you're firing the ST in manual to suppress the preflash. That limits you a little bit since that ST doesn't offer much control.

12-07-2008, 08:40 AM   #5
Senior Member




Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Brisbane, Australia
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 239
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Damn Brit Quote
Is this information not on Sigmas website?
unfortunately can't find such answers on sigma site

QuoteOriginally posted by blwnhr Quote
I own a EF-500 ST and Super. I will do the experiment if you like.
Yeah if you have time, i'd appreciate it

QuoteOriginally posted by mattdm Quote
It should work if you're firing the ST in manual to suppress the preflash. That limits you a little bit since that ST doesn't offer much control.
thanks Matt
12-07-2008, 03:14 PM   #6
Veteran Member
blwnhr's Avatar

Join Date: May 2007
Location: Tasmania, Australia
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 663
QuoteOriginally posted by eva2000 Quote
Yeah if you have time, i'd appreciate it
Will give it a go when I get home from work tonight.
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
dg, ef-530, flash, function, gt, k200d, lighting, photo studio, sigma, slave, strobist
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Sigma EF-530 DG ST vs Super GST90 Flashes, Lighting, and Studio 6 07-14-2010 06:54 PM
For Sale - Sold: Sigma 530 EF-530 DG ST flash for Pentax (US) letgo12345 Sold Items 2 03-25-2010 08:43 PM
Sigma 530 St Super Papou Troubleshooting and Beginner Help 3 11-11-2008 06:15 AM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:36 PM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top