Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
5 Days Ago   #1

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Accidentally bought a Pentax flash!!!!

I can't believe my luck.
I saw and bought a speedlight thinking that it must be for a Canon or Nikon (but I could use it in "Manual").....
BUT IT'S FOR A PETAX!!!!!

how rare is it to find Pentax gear in the wild?

https://www.amazon.com/Shanny-SN600FGZ-Speedlite-Cameras-Mcoplus/dp/B01MSYKW...ntaxforums-20&

5 Days Ago   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Lucky you... is that old? It shows no availability on amazon...
5 Days Ago   #3
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Tighelander Quote
Accidentally bought
Oops, sorry, I slipped, boss
5 Days Ago   #4
Lev
Pentaxian

Hurry up and hook it before it forgets pentaxian language

5 Days Ago   #5

BUT IT'S FOR A PETAX!!!!!
I hope it is compatible Just kidding. I bought a Sunpak cable and the module on it turned out to be for Pentax.
5 Days Ago   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Iím confused, how did you accidentally buy it when the link you posted shows it is for Pentax?
5 Days Ago   #7

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
I saw it at a Goodwill tonight. I immediately assumed that it was for a Nikon or Canon. Though the "FGZ" did remind me of model numbers for Pentax flashes, I brushed that thought aside. I have a smaller Pentax flash (320?), but it's lack of power, and cracked body keep me from using it.

5 Days Ago   #8
Pentaxian

Shanny flashes are somewhat recent, a few years probably. I had heard good things about them.
5 Days Ago   #9
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Michail_P Quote
Lucky you... is that old? It shows no availability on amazon...
Just means Amazon canít get them from China.
5 Days Ago - 1 Like   #10
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I saw it at a Goodwill tonight. I immediately assumed that it was for a Nikon or Canon. Though the "FGZ" did remind me of model numbers for Pentax flashes, I brushed that thought aside. I have a smaller Pentax flash (320?), but it's lack of power, and cracked body keep me from using it.
You’re lucky to have found anything in-store. That sort of thing usually goes right to shopgoodwill or eBay. I just bought a AF360FGz from shopgoodwill for less than $60 shipped. (But they haven’t shipped it yet. Goodwill of Columbia Wllamette is slow, and then FedEx will take at least 7 days)

Last edited by boriscleto; 3 Days Ago at 08:32 AM.
5 Days Ago - 1 Like   #11
Pentaxian

I found the same flash about a year ago used in excellent+ condition at Adorama for like $35 so I bought it. It works well and does HSS, I got my $35 worth.
4 Days Ago - 2 Likes   #12
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Few people now know what a flash is. It lowers the price on used flashes. It is great to get a good flash for a nice price.
4 Days Ago   #13
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by ramseybuckeye Quote
how did you accidentally buy it when the link you posted shows it is for Pentax?
Maybe because it says "Speedlite" in the headline, which is a brand name of Canon. To add to the confusion, "Speedlight" is a brandname of Nikon. Unfortunately these have become almose generic terms for flash units, at least in the USA. In the UK the generic tem is "Flash Unit" (or an older term "Flash gun"), and when I started seeing or hearing "Speedli[gh]t[e]" on forums and Youtube in more recent years I had to do some research before I understood what they were talking about.

---------- Post added 25-11-21 at 06:49 ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by pentaxus Quote
Few people now know what a flash is. It lowers the price on used flashes. It is great to get a good flash for a nice price.
It is my area of GAS. I have bought mint condition pro units for under £10, which would have cost £400 when new, in todays prices. They sell (if at all) for whatever their Ebay auction starting price is. I have far too many of them now.