Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-21-2022, 10:40 AM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Trying to Sync Flashpoint R2 Pro II with Godox TT600

Admittedly, I'm early on the learning curve with flashes, particularly slaves and triggers, and would appreciate any help.

I think I've connected my Flashpoint Zoom Li Ion X flask with my R2 Pro II, but am having trouble getting the Godox TT600 to connect/fire.

Flashpoint is Group A
Godox is Group B, on S2

I must have some settings wrong. The Godox manual is, let's just say, not at the same quality level as the product.

Can you point me to a better instruction guide? Any direct advice is greatly appreciated.

02-21-2022, 12:17 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Hello.

I don't have the TT600 but this flash is similar to the v850/v860.

So, I think the steps are:

1. long press the menu button to set the flash is wireless mode (notice the wireless symbol on the display, this is the most important setting)
2. with the group/channel button, set the same channel as your trigger, the set 'B' group, or any group you want.

Your flash need to be set in wireless mode. All your Godox devices need to be configured with the same channel.

Disable the S1 or S2 slave modes (these are optical slave modes)

I think this is all. Maybe some other forum member can give more details.

Regards.
02-21-2022, 12:58 PM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
When I purchased my Flashpoint flashes & triggers from Adorama I was having problems trying to get it all synced. I called the Adorama help desk and in less than a minute I was speaking to a very knowledgeable person who walked me through the steps to get it all set up. Give them a clall.
02-21-2022, 04:10 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by morenjavi Quote
Disable the S1 or S2 slave modes (these are optical slave modes)
thank you very much. feeling pretty dense today, haven't figured out how to do this, will keep trying.

QuoteOriginally posted by Wingincamera Quote
called the Adorama help desk
thank you, i'll give them a call.

02-23-2022, 05:03 AM   #5

QuoteOriginally posted by Biff Quote
Admittedly, I'm early on the learning curve with flashes, particularly slaves and triggers, and would appreciate any help.

I think I've connected my Flashpoint Zoom Li Ion X flask with my R2 Pro II, but am having trouble getting the Godox TT600 to connect/fire.

Flashpoint is Group A
Godox is Group B, on S2
As mentioned upthread, don't use S2, as that's a "dumb" optical slave mode.

To take it out of S2:
  1. Hold down the ZOOM/Fn button until you see SL on the screen.
  2. Repeatedly press the SET button unti you see OS-S2 (optical slave = S2).
  3. Turn the wheel until it says OS-OF (slave mode = off).
  4. Press ZOOM/Fn to leave the custom function menu.

To put the TT600 into radio slave mode:
  1. Hold down the MODE/lightning bolt button until an antenna icon appears in the lower left corner.
  2. Rotate the control wheel until S appears. (M=master, S=Slave, nothing =OFF).
  3. Press MODE.

Double check that the Channel set matches that on your R2 Pro II and V1 (Zoom Li-ion X), and that neither the R2 Pro II or V1 have an ID C.Fn set. The TT600 came out before ID codes were introduced, and is not firmware upgradeable, so can't use ID codes.

---------- Post added 02-23-22 at 04:17 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by morenjavi Quote
Hello.

I don't have the TT600 but this flash is similar to the v850/v860.
It's similar, but not identical.

QuoteQuote:
...long press the menu button...
TT600 doesn't have one, alas. Neither, actually, do the V850 or V860; it's labelled as "Fn" (not MENU) on the older speedlights (and it's a different button on the TT600; the lamp/Fn button on the V850/V860 is the GR/CH button on the TT600). I also reiterate
my rant on the myriad UIs of Godox. Hopefully, the V850 III release means a TT600 II to follow, which won't be so wildly different from the V1/V860 III/TT685 II/V850 III's more unified UIs.

And radio modes are not set with the MENU/Fn/C.Fn button. That takes you to the custom function settings on the Godox strobes/transmitters that have them. Radio modes are accessed by whatever button has a horizontal lighting bolt arrow on it (I think of it as the triggering method icon). And yes, you have to make the arrow orientation distinction because the test button has a vertical lightning bolt arrow next to it [headdesk].

Last edited by inkista; 02-24-2022 at 01:52 AM.
02-23-2022, 06:50 PM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by inkista Quote
and that neither the R2 Pro II or V1 have an ID C.Fn set. The TT600 came out before ID codes were introduced, and is not firmware upgradeable, so can't use ID codes
Thank you all very much, and inkista for this. I had all the other settings as described, but I think this is the one that did the trick. The Godox now fires without the Flashpoint flash on, and as a slave to it. So it appears all working.

I'm still finding my way around the dials, but getting there. I may have more questions but this is all a huge help.
02-25-2022, 01:26 PM   #7

QuoteOriginally posted by Biff Quote
Thank you all very much, and inkista for this. I had all the other settings as described, but I think this is the one that did the trick. The Godox now fires without the Flashpoint flash on, and as a slave to it. So it appears all working.
Yup. that's a common culprit, since it's so buried and not overtly displayed on the LCD.

QuoteQuote:
I'm still finding my way around the dials, but getting there. I may have more questions but this is all a huge help.
Feel free to ask away. This board is chock a block with folks who can help.