Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-13-2022, 10:21 AM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Godox V1 Accessories Fit Flashpoint X R2?

This is probably addressed in the Forum already. I'd like to buy some accessories for my X R2, want to confirm that the V1 and X R2 are essentially the same and the accessories, e.g. diffusers, for one will fit the other.

Thanks in advance.

03-13-2022, 01:55 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
The Godox V1 and Flashpoint X R2 are essentially the same flash, and as you can see on the page (use shortcut below) at Adorama they are defined as being essentially the same. The use of their associated accessories, such as the modifiers, is compatible.

https://www.adorama.com/fplfsmzlxp.html?=adl-gbase-p

I have two Godox V1 flashes and they are excellent. I have the dome diffusers, barn doors, and the mount brackets (Godox S2 (the Adorama Glow S2 is the same thing basically)). I use the Godox XProP (P for Pentax) transmitter for my flashes when they are off camera. There is also a Flashpoint version of the transmitter.

Last edited by C_Jones; 03-13-2022 at 02:19 PM.
03-13-2022, 04:02 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by C_Jones Quote
The Godox V1 and Flashpoint X R2 are essentially the same flash, and as you can see on the page (use shortcut below) at Adorama they are defined as being essentially the same. The use of their associated accessories, such as the modifiers, is compatible.

https://www.adorama.com/fplfsmzlxp.html?=adl-gbase-p

I have two Godox V1 flashes and they are excellent. I have the dome diffusers, barn doors, and the mount brackets (Godox S2 (the Adorama Glow S2 is the same thing basically)). I use the Godox XProP (P for Pentax) transmitter for my flashes when they are off camera. There is also a Flashpoint version of the transmitter.
Excellent, thank you. The S2 system looks great so I may add that with a soft box along with a diffuser and barn doors.
03-14-2022, 04:38 AM   #4

QuoteOriginally posted by Biff Quote
This is probably addressed in the Forum already. I'd like to buy some accessories for my X R2, want to confirm that the V1 and X R2 are essentially the same and the accessories, e.g. diffusers, for one will fit the other.
Yes, they're the same. The Flashpoint branding is basically just so that Adorama doesn't end up extending support to folks who didn't buy their Godox gear from them. They're mechanically identical and can use the same batteries, firmware images, and parts (e.g., replacement feet).

All the roundhead AK-R1 magnetic modifiers will also work with the R1 RGB LED "puck", the AD100 Pro, and the H200R round head for the AD200, and the S-R1 adapter on one of the fresnel-head speedlights.

03-14-2022, 02:23 PM   #5
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Biff Quote
Excellent, thank you. The S2 system looks great so I may add that with a soft box along with a diffuser and barn doors.
You're welcome. Below is a shortcut to a soft box that I would recommend if you are possibly interested. I have used it with my Godox V1 and other lights and it is excellent. There is a smaller 25 inch model, and a larger 42 inch model, but I prefer the 34 due to its moderate size on a standard light stand. The 25 inch one may come in handy if you do not need the 34 inch size, and it would be less weight on a light stand. Also below are shortcuts/paths to the dome diffuser type I have and the barn doors. The dome works very well in case you do not have a soft box available, and the barn doors work effectively in controlling or blocking light. If you do get one of the soft boxes, I would recommend one of the ones with the silver interior.

https://www.adorama.com/glbdez34s.html?

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1553732-REG/godox_ak_r11_dome_diffuse...981&

bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1553735-REG/godox_ak_r14_four_wing_reflector.html

Last edited by C_Jones; 03-14-2022 at 02:45 PM.
03-26-2022, 10:38 PM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by C_Jones Quote
You're welcome. Below is a shortcut to a soft box that I would recommend if you are possibly interested. I have used it with my Godox V1 and other lights and it is excellent. There is a smaller 25 inch model, and a larger 42 inch model, but I prefer the 34 due to its moderate size on a standard light stand. The 25 inch one may come in handy if you do not need the 34 inch size, and it would be less weight on a light stand. Also below are shortcuts/paths to the dome diffuser type I have and the barn doors. The dome works very well in case you do not have a soft box available, and the barn doors work effectively in controlling or blocking light. If you do get one of the soft boxes, I would recommend one of the ones with the silver interior.

https://www.adorama.com/glbdez34s.html?

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1553732-REG/godox_ak_r11_dome_diffuse...981&

bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1553735-REG/godox_ak_r14_four_wing_reflector.html?
Order is placed, thanks again.

---------- Post added 03-26-22 at 10:39 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by inkista Quote
Yes, they're the same. The Flashpoint branding is basically just so that Adorama doesn't end up extending support to folks who didn't buy their Godox gear from them. They're mechanically identical and can use the same batteries, firmware images, and parts (e.g., replacement feet).

All the roundhead AK-R1 magnetic modifiers will also work with the R1 RGB LED "puck", the AD100 Pro, and the H200R round head for the AD200, and the S-R1 adapter on one of the fresnel-head speedlights.
Thank you, good to know.