Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-26-2008, 12:37 PM   #1
Forum Member

problem with AF360 battery compartment

Hi all,
My af360 flash's battery latch does close properly in place. It's as if the batteries in there and pushing it open and I can't seem to make it click in place. When its closed, you can still press down on it and you can feel it springing against the batteries. Its really annoying because my flash will lose power in the middle of use, and when I press it in, it powers back on. So now I have to grip it tightly on the sides when I'm using it off-camera and when I have it on the hot-shoe, it will either stay on or randomly go off.
I tried to tape it down but it's a little better but it's not going to be a usefull solution since when I have to change batteries, I'm going to have to remove the tape.
Does anyone else have this issue with their door? Also, any suggestions as to what I could do to fix it? I want to use it more often but it's getting downright annoying now.
Thanks y'all!

Hope everyone had a good holiday!

12-26-2008, 02:14 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Shaloot! Quote
Hi all,
My af360 flash's battery latch does close properly in place. It's as if the batteries in there and pushing it open and I can't seem to make it click in place. When its closed, you can still press down on it and you can feel it springing against the batteries. Its really annoying because my flash will lose power in the middle of use, and when I press it in, it powers back on. So now I have to grip it tightly on the sides when I'm using it off-camera and when I have it on the hot-shoe, it will either stay on or randomly go off.
I tried to tape it down but it's a little better but it's not going to be a usefull solution since when I have to change batteries, I'm going to have to remove the tape.
Does anyone else have this issue with their door? Also, any suggestions as to what I could do to fix it? I want to use it more often but it's getting downright annoying now.
Thanks y'all!

Hope everyone had a good holiday!
I did, with my 540 fgz. Was getting crazy but then I changed batteries and all went ok.
So, the phillips AA baterries I was trying to use are a little bigger and gives this problem on the flash unit.
Changed to others and it's all ok.
Probably only a minor issue with some AA baterries.