Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 24 Likes Search this Thread
03-21-2023, 05:40 AM - 2 Likes   #16
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I have the Pentax flashes. Hands down for the power output, recycle time, battery life, functions and accessories I’d recommend the Godox V1. I shoot weddings for a living and have literally not used another flash since I purchased it. I’ve shoot 8 hour weddings with heavy flash use and I’m still yet to change the battery at an event.

07-03-2023, 04:23 PM   #17

Photos: Albums
How important is the auto zoom function on flash head ? In real world use ?
07-04-2023, 01:03 PM   #18
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Urnamaster13 Quote
For me, irrelevant, but will depend on a few factors. If you are using it on-camera, moving around a lot, your subject is not static and is not in the centre of the frame, then it may be worthwhile.
07-04-2023, 01:58 PM   #19
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

What's "auto zoom" ? Is that like TTL? I gave up with all auto flash options soon after starting to play with 'em. Manual every time for me now.

07-04-2023, 03:08 PM   #20

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by BarryE Quote
What's "auto zoom" ? Is that like TTL? I gave up with all auto flash options soon after starting to play with 'em. Manual every time for me now.
i have Yongnuo manual flash as well, was considering getting a TTL unit if cheap. The Yongnuo YN585EX is TTL but does not have auto zoom head, hence i asked if it is nececcary.
Mostly for cases when flash is hot shoe mounted
07-04-2023, 11:43 PM   #21

For me? Not much. It only applies to direct bare flash with the flash on-camera, and sometimes the camera/flash don't account for crop factor if you're not shooting full frame, so the zoom setting may not actually match the focal length of the lens you're using.

The only time I find it important is if I'm using Godox flash gear over radio, if I can't set the flash to auto Zoom, I have no remote zoom control. I.e., the TT600 cannot be remotely zoomed manually, without the Auto zoom setting.
07-05-2023, 02:33 AM   #22

For walking around at partys I like to use my AF540FGZ (the old one). It works really nicely, and the TTL is just really handy.

If I'm doing any type of studio work I use my two Yougnuo YN540III and one version IV, as necessary. They get triggered by a wireless transmitter.
But this setup is to clunky and takes to long for any type of moving around, I wouldn't even call it action.

07-05-2023, 06:43 PM - 1 Like   #23
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Auto zoom ties the focal length of the flash to the lens setting. It’s used to vary beam width to help reduce power or extend range.